How long approx did you start to feel well enough to drive car/leave the house

chuckles

• 2 weeks later...

I had over muscle BA. I drive a manual car & was able to drive on day 4. I only drove 2 minutes up the road to woolies & to get my nails done & then home. It was a bit weird & I think I should of waited until a week post op. I then drove about an hour all up on 6 days post op, then was back to driving normal on 7 days post op.

• Moderator unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm PO day 6 and am still struggling to walk a few blocks outside, let alone drive! I think I'll be waiting at least 3 weeks till my next surgeons visit to attempt driving our car (manual). My recovery seems to be taking a little longer than others, but that's ok. 

mine was really slow too.... Don't be too hard on yourself. I didn't drive until about the 13th day either. I felt horribly drugged for days. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi ladies. I'm still pre-op with no surgery booked yet, but I'm concerned mostly about driving.

My partner hates driving and doesn't drive much, so I'm always the sole driver. The train station is only 3 minutes drive - but parking... how did you all go with parking? I'm worried about the wheel spinning :(

I am 10 days post op and feeling absolutely fantastic, but can't drive for too long, I ache afterward even driving my auto. The seatbelt hurts, my chest hurts, adjusting my rear view mirror is difficult, arms can't turn the wheel properly to park and shoulder checks feel near impossible! 

I'm lucky the kids school is less than a 5 minute drive away :D 

I'm not driving for longer than that until I feel more comfortable at the wheel.

• 1 month later...

I'm 2 weeks post ops per today and already start working ( at child care ) from two days ago ? I start driving from one week post op and found it ok, just little bit hard when you need to turn your back for blind spot n reverse or at the round about for turning the steering wheel. 

I hope you all doing well 

I was ok to drive from 4 days PO, only thing that worried me was pulling the handbrake on and letting it off so I made sure I took one of my children with me to help with that, but day 5 I drove alone. I wouldn't have wanted to go long distance and did be selective about parking so that I could just drive straight out without having to turn sharply or reverse.