Dr Carlisle or Dr Greensmith

alloutforthewar

Hi guys,

I've had a consultation with both surgeons, and really liked both. Dr Greensmith's approach made me feel a bit more comfortable - he spent a good 40 minutes with me looking at the imaging and tweaking it, and talking to me about what I wanted. He was kind and patient. But he's quoted me about $15k which is more than I was expecting.

Dr Carlisle spent about five minutes with me and you have to go externally for imaging and then go back and see him again, which is frustrating. I'm hoping that when I go back to see him with the pictures he'll spend a bit more time with me. He was very nice thought. And he's quoted me $7.5k, so literally half of Greensmith.

If any of you have any thoughts or experiences I'd really appreciate it, I don't want to go with Carlisle just because he's cheaper, but it is a lot of money.

Hi!

I had septo-rhinoplasty with Dr Ian Carlisle last Wednesday & he just took my cast off & splints out this morning. I could not be happier with the results, he did everything he said he would & my nose looks like my imaging if not better! I’m just so so happy with my result!!!! I was really surprised with how little brushing/swelling I had. Hardly any even though he did break my bones. I did have lots of pineapple the week before & after surgery (contains bromelain which is great for swelling & bruising), I kept my fluids up & took arnica tablets with plenty of rest so that probably helped a lot!

Ian and his team made me feel so comfortable the morning of surgery, I had the best care you could ask for! My anasthesiologist was the director of the Anaesthetic Department so I felt incredibly safe and in good hands. Ian’s nurse Kim was there the whole time during surgery & was so good to me! Ian was also available over the phone once I got home if I had any concerns etc! Ian also likes his patients to stay overnight which was great, I had nurses constantly checking on me the whole night to make sure I was okay… I really feel like I wouldn’t have been ready/able to go home day of surgery! 

I am the biggest baby (thats an understatement!), and the worst part of the experience for me was before surgery where I was incredibly nervous, the needle in my hand after (my hand is still a bit bruised) and the blocked/stuffy feeling for the past week. But there hasn’t been any actual pain which is really surprising, I really haven't needed the endone pain meds that was prescribed for me. Getting the packs & splints out was quite uncomfortable but its over in a hot minute & now I can breathe so well, its amazing!

Sorry for the long post, but I felt it was necessary! There was hardly any info/reviews online for Dr Carlisle & if I really would have appreciated a few more reviews before I went in for surgery. P.S. the lady who does the imaging is a little crazy, you’ll know what I mean if you go to see her!! But she does a really good job, the imaging is printed like an actual photo and is extremely realistic, she uses computer program to mathematically get the best angles/proportions for your face, every mm counts… its totally worth the money! Also, if you see any of the other top rhinoplasty surgeons in Melb like Tony Holmes, Steven Klied ect they will make you see Ann from Metamorphics imaging too. They will not operate unless they have the imaging so the patient & themselves are on the same page with the end result. I met with a few other surgeons before seeing Ian who used their own computer generated imaging, but I felt that it looked really weird & not realistic at all!!

Feel free to PM me if you want me to show you before/after photos & my imaging, or if you have any questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, Not sure how your consult went, but I am 6 months post op (revision rhinoplasty) with Dr Stephen Klied in Melbourne, he is amazing and i am so grateful to have found him to reverse and repair a bad initial rhinoplasty.

The imaging is fantastic and i now know, a good surgeon will not operate unless he has a plan and a blueprint of what he needs to work towards creating.

Try not to shop on price alone, i learnt that the hard way and ended up spending 3x that to get it fixed.

Good luck

• 9 months later...
On 12 August 2015 at 4:51 PM, Melbourne Girl said:

Hi!

I had septo-rhinoplasty with Dr Ian Carlisle last Wednesday & he just took my cast off & splints out this morning. I could not be happier with the results, he did everything he said he would & my nose looks like my imaging if not better! I’m just so so happy with my result!!!! I was really surprised with how little brushing/swelling I had. Hardly any even though he did break my bones. I did have lots of pineapple the week before & after surgery (contains bromelain which is great for swelling & bruising), I kept my fluids up & took arnica tablets with plenty of rest so that probably helped a lot!

Ian and his team made me feel so comfortable the morning of surgery, I had the best care you could ask for! My anasthesiologist was the director of the Anaesthetic Department so I felt incredibly safe and in good hands. Ian’s nurse Kim was there the whole time during surgery & was so good to me! Ian was also available over the phone once I got home if I had any concerns etc! Ian also likes his patients to stay overnight which was great, I had nurses constantly checking on me the whole night to make sure I was okay… I really feel like I wouldn’t have been ready/able to go home day of surgery! 

I am the biggest baby (thats an understatement!), and the worst part of the experience for me was before surgery where I was incredibly nervous, the needle in my hand after (my hand is still a bit bruised) and the blocked/stuffy feeling for the past week. But there hasn’t been any actual pain which is really surprising, I really haven't needed the endone pain meds that was prescribed for me. Getting the packs & splints out was quite uncomfortable but its over in a hot minute & now I can breathe so well, its amazing!

Sorry for the long post, but I felt it was necessary! There was hardly any info/reviews online for Dr Carlisle & if I really would have appreciated a few more reviews before I went in for surgery. P.S. the lady who does the imaging is a little crazy, you’ll know what I mean if you go to see her!! But she does a really good job, the imaging is printed like an actual photo and is extremely realistic, she uses computer program to mathematically get the best angles/proportions for your face, every mm counts… its totally worth the money! Also, if you see any of the other top rhinoplasty surgeons in Melb like Tony Holmes, Steven Klied ect they will make you see Ann from Metamorphics imaging too. They will not operate unless they have the imaging so the patient & themselves are on the same page with the end result. I met with a few other surgeons before seeing Ian who used their own computer generated imaging, but I felt that it looked really weird & not realistic at all!!

Feel free to PM me if you want me to show you before/after photos & my imaging, or if you have any questions.

Hi,

I've recently had a consultation with Dr Ian Carlisle he was a lovely man but there doesn't seem to be much online. 

Do you mind if I see some before and after photos? 

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...