One week post op

Mudcrab

Just want to check with others: I'm one week post op tomorrow with 450cc HP dual plane. I'm happy to say I have stopped pain meds during the day but at night my boobs swell and get sore, is this normal? Also most of the time I am ok (and I am taking it fairly easy) but sometimes when opening a car door or reaching up for something I swear I feel my implant move and I can get quite achy in the sides of my boobs. Sometimes I get so paranoid I am doing damage :( 

I don't have my doctors appointment until Thursday so thought I'd check on here... 

Im one week post op today too with 470 cc Xhp round implants, its basically normal to feel that way your only 1 week post op so its expected to feel tender etc but of course if you have concerns definantly bring it up with your gp :) 

the feeling you get in the mornings after being asleep is called morning boob! I find sleeping at almost 90 degrees reduces it dramatically! Best of luck with your recovery hun :) x

Hey, all very normal! I think the implant moving is possibly just residual fluid around the implant? I recall every time I leant forward, I could feel them 'tip' against the muscles- horrible feeling! It took a very long time for the muscles to adapt and get used to their new additions- I mean almost a year post op. Anytime you engage the chest muscles for the next 3-8 months, you will feel varying degrees of aches, soreness- depending on how much you work them. The achy feeling is probably the nerves healing- or the muscles complaining. It's an annoying reality, but recovery lasts up to a year. The first 3 weeks are probably the most demanding but it gets easier and easier after that. 

You are going to be sore for a while as you have just had a major operation. The healing just takes time. I remember at the start feeling the implant under my chest and it felt weird. I just listened when I got that "pulling" feeling and made sure I was careful with what I did. I am now 10 1/2 months post op  and I don't get that anymore.

Saw the nurse and surgeon yesterday for my 1 week post op check and they said all normal, hooray!!! I get really nervous as I flew home today and hoping all recovery is problem free (and prone to being paranoid because I don't want to have to fly back to get some thing fixed or checked)