Anyone have eyelash extensions?

Gabby1

Hi guys,

So l'm thinking of getting eyelash extensions or getting them curled. They are already fairly long but l hate using mascara it irritates my eyes. I generally just dye my eyelashes and curl them. So was just wondering pros and cons. How long do they last etc. TIA, Gabby x.

They are awesome and I love having them on but a few things to consider.

Go somewhere good so your natural lashes don't get damaged. You don't want a heap stuck on the one natural one makes them look clumpy and yuk

They last 2-3 weeks then need infills

They take around and hour each time to get done

They work out quite pricey over time  mine are $100 set  $60 an infill (but she is awesome at doing them)  

I only get them on for special occasions now days as the time and money needed to upkeep them is a Pia 

I've had them a few times, but like Donatella said you can't rub your eyes so when you wash your face it's awkward, also I sleep with my face smooshed into my pillow and they end up messy and coming off, also mine never last two weeks because of this. I prefer using strip lashes on special ocassions they give a fuller look and you can take them off when u get home

Be super careful!  I've had them for the past week and 24 hours after they were done had massive, VERY itchy, red and puffy eyes. I'm sensitive to mascara too so thought eyelash extensions would be a great alternative.

Half of my lashes have fallen out (my own attached to the extensions). I've been using olive oil and steam to slowly remove what eyelash extensions are left. I could have gone back to the salon to have them removed, but anything that touches my eyelids (apart from water or olive oil) makes my eyelids feel like they are burning hot and so irritated it makes me want to cry. So I dont think I can stand the chemical the beautician has to remove them. The Dr gave me some steroid cream (I cant even use that, as it has made my eyes swell up more), and antihistamines. So far only the antihistamines are working against the itchiness.

ARGH this has been such a disaster. I would only recommend them to people who never experience sesitivities in their eye area, and even then be very very careful.

I have done all of the above and none was really what I wanted to achieve

So I now use Cherry Blooms fibre eyelash extensions, BRILLIANT !!

It gives the WOW look and can take it off the same eve. if I want.

And no, I don't have shares in the comp. LOL!

is it best to purchase these online? They're quite expensive but they look great. Do they work as well as the pics on the website?

Thanks ladies! Well l do rub my eyes and l half face plant when sleeping so they may not be for me then! I might have to look at other options then. Do they still perm eyelashes? Maybe that is the way to go. Thanks for all your advice, l really can't be bothered with something that is super high maintenance! Gabby x.

is it best to purchase these online? They're quite expensive but they look great. Do they work as well as the pics on the website?

Yep, buy on line, and it works FANTASTIC!

On top of it, they are a nice company to deal with.

Vlinder you enabler! Hook a sista up

Right on!

What we need is for Australia to TGA the use of Latisse like every other damn country has!!! Epic lashes with your own lashes using eye drops and totally safe/tested. The product is owned by allergan who own Botox/Juvederm, we are one of the last countries to get :(

Well.... dear friend, I have bought the equivalent on line and works VERY well, not drops but draw fine line along lashes, yes, top and bottom.

I also use Peter Thomas Roth "Lashes To Die For" , also bought online, and almost as good.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved my extensions! I rubbed my face and slept on my side (attractive face smoosh) and never had any issues. The always made it to 3-4weeks before needing an infill. Was great not having to apply mascara and could get away with some tinted moisturizer and a little bronzer for day to day stuff.

• 1 month later...

I love my extensions too... I do get them refilled every 2-3 weeks though.  I don't take very good care of them.  I sleep on my face and play with my eyes a lot.  My sister manages to go 6+ weeks without a refill though, so it really depends on how you treat them, but also how fast your lashes grow.  Love the difference it makes though.  But you do need to be wary that if you get them done they do tend to thin out your natural lashes.  They will regrow, but just something to consider if you're not going to keep refilling.

• 5 months later...

I had the same experience. They look amazing when you first get them, they're gorgeous! But after a week or so and some start falling out, it turns clumpy and they look horrible, and you cant take them out yourself.

By the time they do fall out/grow out, you're left with little of your own lashes left. 

• 4 months later...

I've had mine done before, I love them so much! I wish I had the money to keep them in all the time though. Mine were $120 and looked stunning! I felt that my lashes did fall out quicker than usual but that was because I couldn't stop playing with them. I haven't had them on for a month now and my eyelashes are fine :) But few months ago my friend had an eyelash enhancer that helped her to grow thicker and longer lashes. I wish that instead of wasting of money and time after extension I did tried that eyelash enhancer. I don’t recommend going for eyelash extension if possible use an eyelash enhancer to get fuller lashes.