barbalicious40

GA or Twilight ? Which one is better option

I had twilight for my ba but a general for a previous surgery and to be honest I didn't notice a difference. With both I was throwing up for that whole day, and it was hard for me to come out of both anaesthesias. I wonder if anyone else has had both 

I had twilight for my ba but a general for a previous surgery and to be honest I didn't notice a difference. With both I was throwing up for that whole day, and it was hard for me to come out of both anaesthesias. I wonder if anyone else has had both 

I've had both & remember waking up during the twilight (which was fine no pain) had a general for another procedure was fine & general for my boobs & was throwing up that night...

I had twilight for my ba 9 weeks ago and was awake the whole time and knew what was going on but didn't feel a thing. I thought it was great i wasnt groggy or nauseated and i got up and walked straight out to the car, also my recovery was easy and quick😊

It took me about two minutes of Internet research to know I didn't want twillight for this procedure. The fact that you don't remember afterwards the fact that you may be awake, thrashing around, in pain, saying stupid things etc wasn't enough to think it was anything I wanted. I definitely wanted to be unconscious!!

I've thrown up before with GA, told the anaesthetist about that this time and he gave me something and I had absolutely no nausea or throwing up this time. 

I had twilight for my ba 9 weeks ago and was awake the whole time and knew what was going on but didn't feel a thing. I thought it was great i wasnt groggy or nauseated and i got up and walked straight out to the car, also my recovery was easy and quick😊,

Hi Nutsacks,

Can I PM you for more details on your experience with Twilight.

Thanks in advance.

GA!! I had twilight for my wisdom teeth removal & remember waking up in pain & screaming. I'm sure that hardly ever happens with BA but there's the risk you may be aware of what's happening. I had GA for my BA and it was the best experience!! I wasn't groggy waking up and I had zero nausea. My anaesthetist put something anti-nausea in there I think. It was a wonderful experience with GA & I felt well enough to go out for dinner that night after waking up at 4pm. Go GA :) 

GA!! I had twilight for my wisdom teeth removal & remember waking up in pain & screaming. I'm sure that hardly ever happens with BA but there's the risk you may be aware of what's happening. I had GA for my BA and it was the best experience!! I wasn't groggy waking up and I had zero nausea. My anaesthetist put something anti-nausea in there I think. It was a wonderful experience with GA & I felt well enough to go out for dinner that night after waking up at 4pm. Go GA :) 

this is great news im feeling a bit better about going with GA ..to be honest the twilight sounds a bit nerve racking :(

I've had both GA and twilight sedation. I had GA for wisdom teeth removal and a shoulder op and twilight for an endoscopy. I don't think I could risk waking up or coming out of sedation during a major surgery, but that's just me. I've never had any reactions to coming out of GA or twilight and they were similar recoveries, except for my shoulder I do not remember recovery at all just remember waking up in my room with my parents and i was completely off my head, I think that was the pain meds they had me on though! Haha 

I had my BA today under twilight and the whole experience has been fantastic! I remember a needle going in and her telling me time for a big glass of champagne and the next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery! I've had both GA and twilight and both experiences are the same!