Win

LCA Pigmentation Removal

Has anyone had Laser Pigmentation Removal of the face with Laser Clinics Australia? If so just interested to hear results & number of treatments etc. I have pigmentation from sun damage & since pregnancy. 

Win, I had a consultation for this at another similar branch. I have freckles etc and they said that I wasn't suitable because the pigmentation that I wanted to remove wasn't dark enough and the laser wouldnt pick it up.
I was so disappointed 

Yeah that was very good of them to be honest, I'm just hoping mine are dark enough because I feel like they stand out on my face so much just hoping I can get rid of them quickly & easily 

I had my first treatment with them on Friday. I had a full face. I was not prepared for how much it hurt! It was tolerable, but it was so much more intense than laser hair removal! But I got through it with lots of breaks, kicking my legs, fidgeting etc. I haven't had any discomfort post treatment. I could only only tolerate the lowest setting, so only my darkest/worst freckles were picked up. They turned much darker and are slowing flaking off. I still have alot of freckles that weren't picked up.  She did say I would have to have a higher setting next time to get the lighter ones.  I'm probably just a sook, but I will prep for pain a bit better next time!

Also they went so dark make-up didn't quite cover them.  So schedule your appointment well away from any events!

For the price, I'm reasonably happy. I'll probably go back for a second & third treatment. The trick will be scheduling them so I can hide out at home for a while after. I may even get my shoulders & arms done down the track.

I also use John Plunkett's Super fade products. Have you tried them? They seem to give a slight improvement when I use them consistently for a week or 2 at a time. They results aren't mind blowing, but it helps fade them a little. I have so many freckles that I'll take whatever improvements I can get.

I had my first treatment with them on Friday. I had a full face. I was not prepared for how much it hurt! It was tolerable, but it was so much more intense than laser hair removal! But I got through it with lots of breaks, kicking my legs, fidgeting etc. I haven't had any discomfort post treatment. I could only only tolerate the lowest setting, so only my darkest/worst freckles were picked up. They turned much darker and are slowing flaking off. I still have alot of freckles that weren't picked up.  She did say I would have to have a higher setting next time to get the lighter ones.  I'm probably just a sook, but I will prep for pain a bit better next time!

Also they went so dark make-up didn't quite cover them.  So schedule your appointment well away from any events!

For the price, I'm reasonably happy. I'll probably go back for a second & third treatment. The trick will be scheduling them so I can hide out at home for a while after. I may even get my shoulders & arms done down the track.

I also use John Plunkett's Super fade products. Have you tried them? They seem to give a slight improvement when I use them consistently for a week or 2 at a time. They results aren't mind blowing, but it helps fade them a little. I have so many freckles that I'll take whatever improvements I can get.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info. I was wondering about the flaking & if I would have to hide...how long would you say?

Oh god I'm such a sook with pain so I'm not looking forward to it, can you use a numbing cream? I think though I'm just going to have to sit back and suck it up because I want it done so bad 

No I've never heard John Plunkett going to look it up now 

Day 1, 2 & 3 were the most unattractive with red blotchy skin & really dark freckles. I'm day 4 now and it just looks like I've been in the sun unprotected, but it's not too bad with make-up(alot of concealer). I haven't really noticed the flaking, I guess it's just happening gradually, in the shower etc. I've been leaving the house with make-up on. It makes it better, but it's not how I would normally look. I'm living interstate at the moment, so can't run into anyone I know!

I'm wondering if I can have my next session done after a glass of wine... or 2. haha.

Yeah just take the bottle in with you lol 

Ok thats not too long to not look the best, I can handle that. Thanks again for the info I'm excited now to get it done :)

I'm one week post treatment today.  My face is back to normal and I'm pretty happy with the results of the 1st treatment. I'm looking forward to my second one!  Side note - I feel like it took some of my facial hair off  (the fine peach fluff stuff). Yay!

I've had this at LCA a few times and was good. last time I went, I had a few treatments and just didn't seem to get any better. I went to a dermatologist and he said they were what's known as age warts. (not actual warts) and he blasted them with liquid nitrogen. they went all black for about 5  days then just disappeared. was good. and less money than several sessions of IPL. but of course you need individual diagnoses on what your pigmentation is and best treatment

Edited by Cline88

I've had this at LCA a few times and was good. last time I went, I had a few treatments and just didn't seem to get any better. I went to a dermatologist and he said they were what's known as age warts. (not actual warts) and he blasted them with liquid nitrogen. they went all black for about 5  days then just disappeared. was good. and less money than several sessions of IPL. but of course you need individual diagnoses on what your pigmentation is and best treatment

good advice! Make sure the pigment is Infact sun damage as things such as melasma will not lift with laser, in fact they will get worse so do not let anyone near you without good