MaisieF

Maisie's Tuberous Breast Augmentation with the divine Dr Miroshnik

Ok ladies…I’m finally feeling well enough to type up my surgery story.

In preparation for surgery I’d stopped working my chest at the gym and was getting regular massages and physio to make sure my muscles weren’t tight. This become important later during my surgery!

The night before surgery I was feeling pretty relaxed. I was lucky to have to work late so didn’t get home until around 8pm, which didn’t give me much time to think about my impending surgery! I had to fast from midnight, which food wise doesn’t bother me, but I HATE feeling thirsty! So I stayed awake as long as I could (around 11.30) drinking water. I crashed hard but woke up super early at 4.30. I’d already packed the car the night before as hubby took the car to work for nightshift and I’d arranged to meet him at his work & go to the hospital from there. 

I caught the train from my place to hubby’s work as we had to be at Bondi Junction Private Hospital by 8am. We arrived in Bondi just after 7, so asked Quest if we could park our car in their carpark early (we were staying at Quest the night after surgery just in case I had drains). Quest were great and allowed us to park the car.

Hubby & I walked across the road to the coffee shop near the hospital, where I watched him drink coffee & eat breakfast (torture!) and where I also saw Dr M getting coffee for all his staff members. I took this as a good sign of the day ahead.

We went into the hospital shortly before 8 where I did the usual paperwork, checked names, DOB etc etc. Then I was shown to my room and given my sexy surgery attire. Haha.

I had 2 visits from the post op nurses, a visit from Dr Lee the anaesthetist  (who was hilarious) and finally a visit from Dr M to mark me up ready for surgery. We all had a chat about Dr M’s beautiful car (hubby & I are car obsessed) and by this stage I was called in to theatre. I kissed hubby goodbye and told him I’d see him soon.

A lovely theatre nurse walked me into the theatre where I was given one of those heavenly warmed beds. Ahhhhh. Dr Lee inserted my cannula (OWWWW) and gave me some meds to relax. Then I was off to lala land…..

I have vague memories waking up to having my bandages changed for a post op bra. I also have vague memories of being wheeled back into my room. I was then helped to the toilet (apparently I’d had 3 litres of fluid during surgery!) and given possibly the most delicious sandwich and apple juice I’d ever eaten! Hahahaha.

I had a few more visits from the nurses and they rang hubby to collect me (he’d managed an early check in at Quest and slept all through my surgery, bless). We sat and chatted for a while and I drank a heap of water to get my blood pressure stable. Dr M came in for a visit and said everything went smoothly and that because I had a nice thick piece of pec muscle he was able to put in the bigger implant (390!)!!! Hooray!!! I also ended up having drains which I thought would be bad, but it wasn’t a big deal in the end. Dr M gave me a quick look at my new boobs as he adjusted my bra and that’s when I cried with happiness. It wasn’t long after that we left the hospital. I can't tell you how wonderful Bondi Junction Private hospital staff were. I'd recommend them any day.

I managed to sit up in bed and talk to hubby most of the first night as I was whacked out on pain meds. I sent heaps of text messages and watched tv, even managed some sushi for dinner. I received a call from Dr M’s nurse to see how I was feeling and she said she’d call in the morning. I fell asleep around 9pm. Hubby got up every 3 hours during the night to feed me meds, take me to the toilet and to empty and record my drains. I woke up quite sore the next day and had to ring Dr M’s office about my drains anyway. I had lost a fair bit of fluid in the night so i was told I may have to keep my drains in until Monday. So hubby & i decided to return home (bumps on the road DO hurt!). I received a call later in the day saying Dr M was happy for me to have my drains out that arvo, so around 4pm we drove back to Bondi to have them removed. It didn’t hurt at all and it was so nice having a bit more freedom. This was also the first time I got a decent look at my boobs. Holy wow.

The nurse had said try not to have too much endone as it can make you consitpated. AT this point I don’t care and am having them every 3-5 hours as the pain is quite intense. I am also having panadol every 4 hours and valium before I want to sleep. Plus antibiotics etc etc. I’ve been taking coloxyl and senna but it’s yet to work…the last few nights I’ve been awake every 3 or so hours in pain so am taking whatever I can to alleviate it.  Last night I had several dreams about my boobs being on fire! It was awful. I remember waking up crying to hubby at one point. I took more meds though which got me through the rest of the night.

Showering and going to the toilet are an ordeal still for me. Hubby is great and is the best nurse. I think he’s secretly glad to be home ‘allowed’ to play the playstation and build lego in between looking after ‘his’ new puppies. Hahaha.

I’m still really tired and sore at PO day 3. But I know it’s going to be worth it. Thanks for reading this far lovelies. I’ll update my albums as time goes on.

Glad to hear everything has gone well and you are feeling good.

Seriously, don't worry about the Endone. If you need it, you need it. As I tell my patients, it is better to keep your pain at a low, bearable level than wait for it to escalate and then it takes numerous doses to manage the pain. Take your Coloxyl twice a day, drink plenty of water, all will be fine :)

Seriously, don't worry about the Endone. If you need it, you need it. As I tell my patients, it is better to keep your pain at a low, bearable level than wait for it to escalate and then it takes numerous doses to manage the pain. Take your Coloxyl twice a day, drink plenty of water, all will be fine :)

Thanks so much Lou - I needed to hear this. x

Thanks so much Lou - I needed to hear this. x

agreed! Endone is great for treating acute pain, if you need it don't be scared of taking your full prescribed dose! If the coloxyl is still not working then try a few dried prunes or some pear juice (in the tin it's near the tinned pineapple juice and apricot nectar in the supermarket) I've found that if coloxyl wasn't working for patients than the prunes are pear juice would usually get things moving! Nothing worse than that awful bloated feeling!

Aw yay new booooobs! I had drains too, hated the idea but so glad now, so much fluid came out while I was in hospital!

The endone causes bad dreams that's the only reason I stopped taking it I was waking in tears every few hours haha!!

I got a big bag of prunes and had coloxyl and also spirulina daily, by day 4 I think I was back to normal 😊

Xxx

The endone causes bad dreams that's the only reason I stopped taking it I was waking in tears every few hours haha!!

OMG, I was INCONSOLABLE one night from a bad dream, around PO day 3! Poor hubby was going 'WTF?'!!! Haha. 

Thanks everyone. I've become 'regular' again with the coloxyl, chia seeds, bran, prune juice & dried apricots, all still taking endone!😝

So I thought I'd give you an update...

PO day 7. First day of going solo as hubby has gone back to work *sniff* I'm going to wait until he's home tonight to shower as I'm still not confident doing that alone. Otherwise I'm hoping for a good, independent day. 

I'm still waking at least once every night for pain meds & another ice pack. Lefty is more swollen, but there was more fluid in that drain post op so it's expected. But having said that the swelling is generally going down in both  

Morning boob SUCKS. And I'm still sometimes getting the burning sensation at night around my nipples which I'm assuming is still the nerves healing after my areola reduction. The ice pack helps a lot  

My incision sites have come to the party & sting on & off all day. But it's not too bad at this point - I'm just aware of it more than anything. 

My range of moment is improving & being passenger in the car is getting easier.

Ive asked my MIL to swing past later today to make sure I haven't got stuck on the toilet or anything!😂 She's a nurse so if I do need anything she'll know what to do.👍

Overall I'm doing fairly well. My spirits are high (no, it's not the drugs, lol) and I'm looking forward to seeing my girls D&F over the coming weeks/months. 😀

Hi MaisieF,

How come you needed drains?

It was Dr M's decision on the day to assist with swelling post op. Maybe the nurses on here could shed more light on why exactly some get them and some don't?

I thought they'd really bother me but they were fine.

Update:

PO day 15. Still waking up in heaps of pain around my incision sites. Apparently this is completely normal (I rang Dr M in a panic this morning - it was SO bad). Just my nerves regenerating. I wish they'd hurry up! Haha. During the day I'm pretty good pain wise - night is the PITS.

Still struggling doing some mundane things like putting my hair in a bun, carrying ANYTHING (like a plastic shopping bag with a t-shirt in it was too much?!), opening our front door (it's almost comical how house bound I am when hubby is at work), getting in/out of the car (let alone drive - ouch). Can't wait for the day I wake up without pain!

My next post op appointment is next Friday when I get my first glimpse at my incisions as they're still all taped up. I think I'll feel a lot better after this appointment, especially if everything is looking and healing well.

The only concern I have at this point is my right breast is SO sore around the incisions, esp my nipple, but my left breast has been pretty much pain free as my left nipple is still numb. It's a blessing but a curse having my nipple numb. I'm worried that the sensation will never come back but at the same time am happy that it's not as painful as my right...:mellow:

I am thinking about getting a BL and BA next year, but i was going to go on holiday's to Melbourne 7 days after. Would you recommend it, or is the pain really not worth it?

Do you mean I recommend going on holidays at day 7? Personally, no. I was going to travel to Hobart for a holiday 2 weeks PO but I physically couldn't. I wasn't allowed to travel for at least 2 weeks following my BA though as per Dr M's instructions, so maybe also check with your PS?

Update:

6 weeks today!!! Hooray! I'm feeling more normal these days and am doing most things that I could pre-BA. I still have crazy sore morning boob every morning, and have developed red scaly patches on my areolas. Both issues were raised with Dr M and both are completely normal. I'm going for a massage this afternoon (I'll be sitting up so not relaxing exactly!) as my upper back and glutes are killing me from still sleeping at an angle.

I go back to work on Monday and am doing lighter duties for another 2 weeks, which will take me to the 8 week mark. I should feel confident at that point to go back to work as per normal. 

My next PO appointment is around 8 or 9 weeks with Dr M. I'm hoping that at this point I'll be able to get myself some nice bras for all the christmas parties I have already been invited to!!!

Hi @Bobette. So yeah, it's been a while since my last update! I'm now 5 months post op. I'm back at the gym doing everything I was pre-op, but my strength is still not where it was, especially my shoulders. I'm not doing any direct chest work anymore either, besides pushups, and even they are still a struggle. I can run without discomfort now too which is awesome. I'm also back to doing normal duties at work with no issues.

I'm sleeping well now, flat on my back and can sleep on my side, but still can't lie flat on my tummy. It's not sore as such, just feels really weird. I haven't had a massage lying on my stomach yet, but that's next on the cards.

My scars and skin are much better. I still get some weird rash that appears from time to time on my areola, especially on my right side. I've put it down to eating too much sugar at times...:unsure: My scars are looking quite good though IMO. I can still feel the stitches under the skin if I run my finger along it. Eww. They'll take up to 10-12 months to dissolve properly.

They're still dropping, fluffing and getting softer. I still have some pain around my areola incisions which I'm hoping will go by the 12 month mark. I feel that if this pain linger forever it will put a bit of a dampener on my BA.

On the bra front I bought several lovely and EXPENSIVE bras when I got the all clear from Dr M at 8 weeks. I don't wear ANY of them!!! They all have underwire and I bloody hate underwire now!!! So my life mission is finding nice non maternity non wired bras in large cup sizes. That in itself is a full time job! Haha.

I feel like I haven't taken full advantage of my nice new boobs yet. I've bought heaps of bikinis but haven't had a chance to wear them as hubby broke his leg quite badly over christmas so there's been no beach for us. I went to a few Christmas parties but they were all work related and I didn't feel comfortable showing off my new cleavage in low tops/dresses if you know what I mean. So yeah, they're still in hiding! Maybe next summer things will be different. :)