TTaa

Occupation and how long you are taking off work

I was just curious to know what kind of work people do and how much time they are taking off after their BA.

im a freight handler so that means some heavy lifting (up to 20kg) and wrapping pallets as well as pulling myself up onto forklifts etc.

im having 4 weeks off and my surgeon said after 4 weeks I can't really hurt anything but I'm still a bit worried that 4 weeks may not be long enough.

I work in the packing/shipping area of an aluminium extrusion plant, my job involves heavy lifting, pushing, pulling and basically manual handling all shift long which I like but not so great for taking it easy lol.

I had to really push to get 3 weeks sick leave from my surgeon, I do have long service and annual leave I could use but don't really want to. So 3 weeks all up and my return to work lands on a wed so I figured I will try to avoid anything extreme for wed,Thursday,Friday bringing up to nearly 4 weeks.

i am 12 days PO today and I am back do doing most things vacuuming, mopping, making beds, washing, dog walking and all that fun stuff lol.

i am worried if I'm going to be all weak when I go back to work and if I am going to be able to keep up

Rattlie that's kind of comforting as I have only come accross ladies with "low impact " jobs like office jobs etc.

im not really worried about the pain as I have a pretty high pain threshold but I don't want to cause any problems with healing or the way they settle etc (I'm spending $9,000 so I don't want to stuff up the end result for the sake of an extra week off) 

like I said, the surgeon said I won't hurt anything after 4 weeks but I still need more conformation that it will be ok.

I am a nurse and I took 4 weeks off and I am really glad I did. I don't think I could have gone back earlier than that. Even this past Friday (which was the 5 week mark) I was in a bit of pain after pushing the shopping trolley around the supermarket (you know how you always have to navigate corners and around idiots who just stop in the aisle!) Today I did some cleaning and vacuuming and I can manage that but I take it slowly and sometimes rest after about 20mins. Mind you, I did also have a rhinoplasty with rib cartilage grafting at the same time. My recovery has been pretty slow. I still can't lie flat in bed.

I am a nurse and I took 4 weeks off and I am really glad I did. I don't think I could have gone back earlier than that. Even this past Friday (which was the 5 week mark) I was in a bit of pain after pushing the shopping trolley around the supermarket (you know how you always have to navigate corners and around idiots who just stop in the aisle!) Today I did some cleaning and vacuuming and I can manage that but I take it slowly and sometimes rest after about 20mins. Mind you, I did also have a rhinoplasty with rib cartilage grafting at the same time. My recovery has been pretty slow. I still can't lie flat in bed.

I'm only 3 days PO but I just know I'll need a longer recovery time like Lou. I've got 6 weeks off in total (4 sick, 2 annual). I'm a police officer but work in crime scene so move lots of heavy dead bodies & tote a very heavy camera kit.

Imperfect _lou

even though you had pain, were you ever worried that you might ruin your boobs?

Yes definitely... I am being pretty cautious. I know in my mind that the pockets have pretty much healed but I am conscious of not reaching too far or lifting anything too heavy for risk of stretching the pocket or disrupting the internal sutures (which I can still feel tugging a little on my right side). I can slowly drag heavy things (e.g. my suitcase on wheels when I went to visit my sister a few weeks ago). The other day when I brought in the shopping I did 4 trips for a small shop. I'm pretty paranoid to be honest

Rattlie that's kind of comforting as I have only come accross ladies with "low impact " jobs like office jobs etc.

im not really worried about the pain as I have a pretty high pain threshold but I don't want to cause any problems with healing or the way they settle etc (I'm spending $9,000 so I don't want to stuff up the end result for the sake of an extra week off) 

like I said, the surgeon said I won't hurt anything after 4 weeks but I still need more conformation that it will be ok.

Yeah I didn't really understand the fact that I was told to be careful for 6 weeks and then still be careful for another 6 after that bringing it to 3 months of being careful, but going back to a physical job was ok at 3 weeks.

when I go back to work I won't be using brute force like I used to for a while I plan on asking for help where I need it until at least 6 weeks is up