Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum but it seems like a great way to get some advice so I can do my own research. 

I've been looking into BA for years and have only just been able to afford it. I've been looking into TCI only because I like their work but with the recent media storm regarding some of their practices I am a little bit scared. Anyone have any recommendations on any cosmetic or plastic surgeons in the Brisbane/ Gold Coast area? I am willing to travel for a good surgeon. 

Basically a little bit of guidance is needed, obviously I will research the s*^t out of this myself but I have no idea where to look first.

I'm in the same boat, I'm looking at the breast institute in Brisbane, cosmeditours in Queensland and esteem cosmetics in Brisbane, their all about the same price as TCI but they are plastic surgeons not cosmetic surgeons, dnt know too much about them yet tho. 

I went through the Breast Institute and very happy with the result. The before and after care has been amazing. Costs $500 more than TCI. Currently all plastic surgeons and done in hospital under GA. 

Esteem cosmetics is a cosnetic surgeon for same price as TCI but you'll have procedure in day hospital under GA. 

Phil Richardson who did mine also has a private practice and has dropped price down to $8,500 which is great for a plastic surgeon. I highly recommend him.  

I'm also having a look at Esteem and the Breast Institute. I know looking at B's & A's on FB aren't always the best, but I'm just a little worried about the "unprofessionalism" after the TCI scandal, etc. 

I would love to go Ashbury, but they're $12k! :(

I spoke to a representative from Cosmeditour on the Gold Coast and the honesty (in relation to having BA done before or after kids) from her was refreshing especially in this industry. I am going to get consults at a few places but I have ruled out TCI basically because I am scared of something bad happening. I'd rather go to a plastic surgeon and be placed under GA than risk being under twilight from a cosmetic doctor. 

But that's just my opinion :)

I went through cosmedi tour in Thailand. But they also offer surgery on the gold coast. my friend had hers done on the gold coast she said they were amazing too. were both really happy with them if your looking for a good company to go through 

Can I ask which Surgeon your friend had on the Goldy??

I spoke to a representative from Cosmeditour on the Gold Coast and the honesty (in relation to having BA done before or after kids) from her was refreshing especially in this industry. I am going to get consults at a few places but I have ruled out TCI basically because I am scared of something bad happening. I'd rather go to a plastic surgeon and be placed under GA than risk being under twilight from a cosmetic doctor. 

But that's just my opinion :)

I spoke to a friend of a friend as her two daughters have had BA's - one with TCI Bondi and the other with Ashbury (I think?). She said TCI were cheap, and got the job done... but they had very snooty staff and accused her daughter of "abusing" the meds they gave her - which doesn't seem very professional to me.

If you decide on any consults with Esteem/TBI let me know! I'm in the same boat. :)

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum but it seems like a great way to get some advice so I can do my own research. 

I've been looking into BA for years and have only just been able to afford it. I've been looking into TCI only because I like their work but with the recent media storm regarding some of their practices I am a little bit scared. Anyone have any recommendations on any cosmetic or plastic surgeons in the Brisbane/ Gold Coast area? I am willing to travel for a good surgeon. 

Basically a little bit of guidance is needed, obviously I will research the s*^t out of this myself but I have no idea where to look first.

I went same as Pepper9... Ended up having BA and BL with dr Richardson on Friday (11 sept) but through private practice. Was amazing. I thought would only need BA but after consult needed a lift so check with a few surgeons to see what is best for you! 

I went same as Pepper9... Ended up having BA and BL with dr Richardson on Friday (11 sept) but through private practice. Was amazing. I thought would only need BA but after consult needed a lift so check with a few surgeons to see what is best for you!

hey sassyb, im looking around for a BA and BL, do you like ur results from dr richardson? Do you have any pics? I saw dr scamp on the gold coast for a consult but am thinking maybe i need to have a second consult just to make sure before i book.

hey sassyb, im looking around for a BA and BL, do you like ur results from dr richardson? Do you have any pics? I saw dr scamp on the gold coast for a consult but am thinking maybe i need to have a second consult just to make sure before i book.

hey tinylittlekitty

i am trying to get my pics up today - technology probs so you can see. bandages off yesterday and they look better than expected to be honest! 

Hopefully will have up today!

hey tinylittlekitty

i am trying to get my pics up today - technology probs so you can see. bandages off yesterday and they look better than expected to be honest! 

Hopefully will have up today!

i literally saw ur post, decided i needed another consult to be sure and just called up and booked a consult with dr richardson lol ill be seeing him tuesday morning :) 

Can i send u a fr so thst i can follow ur recovery and results?? And is there a reason you went with dr richardson? Already his staff over the phone impressed me, she let me ramble excitedly and chatted nicely :)

i literally saw ur post, decided i needed another consult to be sure and just called up and booked a consult with dr richardson lol ill be seeing him tuesday morning :) 

Can i send u a fr so thst i can follow ur recovery and results?? And is there a reason you went with dr richardson? Already his staff over the phone impressed me, she let me ramble excitedly and chatted nicely :)

hey miss tinylittlekitty!

Sorry for delay only just saw this now....

Good to get another consult to put mind at ease and get as much info as you can. I agree with you - the staff are lovely and impressed me too...just as nice in person (i'm of the belief if you have nice people working for you, you are a nice person)

Send me a FR :) I have to update more pics...each day is different with recovery, i'm currently going through boob greed and impatience to  just do normal thinks (ie lifting a handbag) but otherwise happy with how i am travelling!

Happy to chat - let me know how you went :)

Edited by SassyB

I'm booked in with Dr Scamp at the GC next month and he has been great - not the hand-holding type, but he really seems to know what he's doing. Took a load off my mind in terms of decisions re sizing etc. his staff have been really great also (and not pushy at all). Hopefully he lives up to the reputation 😄