Wanting boobies

Breast augmentation and lifts?

Hi... I'm wanting to get a ba hopefully end of the year, my question is I've been trying to decide weather to get just a ba or to get a ba with a lift as well. 

Im just a little scared of the extra scaring, not sure weather it is worth it and also read that a risk involved in ba and lift can be 'wound seperation'. Anyone had both at the same time? And problems? I'm wondering if just to get a ba first than maybe a lift in a couple of years if I  feel it is necessary. 

I had a BA and BL done 6 weeks ago, so far no problem.  My two concerns were wound separation (i was actually really worried about that one) and the fact that if i went with large implants they would just make them heavier and sag again.  I have two children  one of them was a heavy feeder and my size D breast did not cope at all, so i was in a desperate need of a lift. 

Scars didn't bother me as i knew if i was going to go ahead i would need a lift for sure so i come to terms with that rather easy.

With all surgeries there is a risk for complications, i guess each person needs to decide to have or not to have surgery themselves. 

I was a 14D to start with, a solid girl.  I have saggy breast but still have a good amount of tissue left, so i had a consult and basically everything the surgeon said confirmed my thoughts.  I just wanted upper pole and to have not to saggy boobs.  I am now a 14DD so went a little bigger which i was happy with,  I had 270cc.  so only a small implant as i did have that breast tissue to support. 

I also had a tummy tuck..... compared to the tummy my breast were a walk in the park.

Any question feel free to ask. good luck with your research xo

I really feel like it depends on the outcome you want & what's bothering you about your breasts now. 

i was really bothered when I was at home with no bra on I hated the sagging & I'm over the moon now at having big perky breasts that just sit there! 

The scars have been an emotional part about it for me, I won't lie. I have very pale skin & at 4 months they are still very very red. I know I have a long way to go with healing & they will fade but it's still a bit of a journey. But I'm very pleased with my surgeons incisions. 

I didn't have wound separation but I started spitting stitches about the 7-8 week mark? & again at 3 months & got an infection. All healed now though. 

BUT if I had my time again I would still absolutely get the lift without a doubt. I just couldn't imagine having boobs this size with sag. 

Good luck with it all 😀

I really feel like it depends on the outcome you want & what's bothering you about your breasts now. 

i was really bothered when I was at home with no bra on I hated the sagging & I'm over the moon now at having big perky breasts that just sit there! 

The scars have been an emotional part about it for me, I won't lie. I have very pale skin & at 4 months they are still very very red. I know I have a long way to go with healing & they will fade but it's still a bit of a journey. But I'm very pleased with my surgeons incisions. 

I didn't have wound separation but I started spitting stitches about the 7-8 week mark? & again at 3 months & got an infection. All healed now though. 

BUT if I had my time again I would still absolutely get the lift without a doubt. I just couldn't imagine having boobs this size with sag. 

Good luck with it all 😀

are you using silicone gel on them? You should really notice a change incorporating something like this 

are you using silicone gel on them? You should really notice a change incorporating something like this 

I was using siltape 24/7 & have just changed to advasil conform tape because I couldn't find any info on siltape being specifically for scars?..dunno maybe I didn't look hard enough & I know surgeons recommend it...anyhow...

Can you recommend a good gel? Think I should use both? 

Kelocote?  I bought it but kept forgetting to use it.  The tape was good because I'd take to off to shower, stick it to the towel rack then put it back on when I was dry.  I've been slack with it following my revision and my scars are red at 9 months, when I used the tape last time they had faded considerably by 6 months.

Win, your scars will be at their worst around 3-4 months PO, they'll get heaps better from now xx

Hi... I'm wanting to get a ba hopefully end of the year, my question is I've been trying to decide weather to get just a ba or to get a ba with a lift as well. 

Im just a little scared of the extra scaring, not sure weather it is worth it and also read that a risk involved in ba and lift can be 'wound seperation'. Anyone had both at the same time? And problems? I'm wondering if just to get a ba first than maybe a lift in a couple of years if I  feel it is necessary. 

I think many times the 'decision' is made FOR you by the medico, not without good reason mind you.

Wound separation? Yes for that reason my PS did it in 2 stages, I do realise not all medico's are of the same opinion, just mine did.

Extra scaring?  NOT a problem and my skin is very old!

Thanks! I'm going to go & get some can't hurt to use both & I know I'm being impatient its hard when I see others at the same stage & their scars are almost non existent & I compare!! 

Thanks everyone! It has put my mind at ease a lot! I found some other threads on here since that helped too.. Now to decide where to go! I've heard very good things about dr boonchai and dr v in Thailand and there's a few others Gold Coast and Brisbane that I'm wanting to research more this afternoon! Thanks ladies!

I have just done BA & BL less than a week ago (in Sydney). I think the healing is progressing well. If you would like to follow my photo progress you are most welcome to send a FR. 

I like the silicone gel Strataderm and the tape I used with my TT scar which is now very hard to see was called Mepitac and my PS supplied this for me but you can easily obtain it online I know, because I bought some recently for my child following a sternotomy. 

Thanks everyone! It has put my mind at ease a lot! I found some other threads on here since that helped too.. Now to decide where to go! I've heard very good things about dr boonchai and dr v in Thailand and there's a few others Gold Coast and Brisbane that I'm wanting to research more this afternoon! Thanks ladies!

I'd rather go for a BA and a lift. Though it's more expensive but its worth it. I don't want to have big boobs yet saggy-looking. Also, my personal advice is not to go overseas.  You'd need to be prepared for post-op or complications, and you wouldn't want to stress yourself on the flight after a BA. We have a lot of accredited PS's here. And don't get a cosmetic surgeon, look for a Plastic surgeon. There should be either FRACS or ASPS attached to their name. II'm still researching though. I'm taking my time. Pays to be informed before booking anything. 

I know you have updated this thread but thought I would chime in. 

I don't regret my lift at all. I'm actually having another lift and replacing my implants because pregnancy really took a toll. 

I haven't mentioned it before for fear of judgement but what the hell here goes - I used to be an exotic dancer and with make up over my scars not one person noticed them apart from early on when they were raised which make up wouldn't cover. 

My redo surgeon has limited me to 420 - 480cc rounds or 450 - 550cc anatomicals because he said any bigger with a full anchor lift and you end up with issues healing the wounds. 

I had 360cc anatomicals with a full anchor lift and had no healing issues.