melbba

Dr Richard Rahdon Geelong

Hi all, 

so I am currently booked in with Dr Lee at TCI Bondi and with what has been happening as of late, am seriously reconsidering my surgery booked for next month.

Really wanted to be away from home (melbourne) for the surgery as I am currently living with my in-laws and aren't keen on telling them until it's all done.

ive been madly searching for an alternative to possibly still keep my dates in October (both my partner and I have leave with work booked) and have booked in for a consultation with Dr Rahdon in Geelong. 

Ive read every post that came up with his name using the PSF search function but still looking for more info from anyone who has gone with Rahdon and has feedback, positive or negative - before and after photos, what implant you got, the brand, size etc., how you found him, the staff, the hosp etc.?

Also, are any TCI girls now reconsidering?

or been successful cancelling, how did you go with the refund etc.?

Hey melbba!

I went with Richard (as you've probably seen) and coming up to 4 weeks post surgery now. I have found Richard and his team incredibly professional, friendly and happy to hear from me whenever I've called in asking them various questions. My surgery went through without any issues and I honestly can't think of a single thing to complain about the service I have received. The clinic and the hospital were very clean and modern and I was very comfortable. 

You are welcome to view all my photos and ask as many questions as you like, I'm happy to help!  I got 550cc moderate plus overs and the brand of implant is mentor. I am very very very happy with the size (as recommended by Richard!).

There is another girl called JennaB89 on the forum who went with Richard a week after me that you could also message and ask about.

From my research I found that Richard has the best aftercare and even gives you laser treatment to rid your scars after 6 weeks. 

I would 100% recommend Richard and his team and I would go back to him for any treatment I might consider in future.

I will write a longer and in depth review later tonight ☺ and like I say, feel free to ask anything xx

Hey Melbba! Wow you sound so much like me! I was strongly considering Dr Lee at TCI before I decided to go to with Richard. I didn't wanna risk a CS when I could afford a PS! I too live with my in laws & was petrified of them finding out. But the whole surgery was so smooth & seamless, the anaesthetic didn't leave me groggy or nauseous and I went home that night and ate dinner with the inlaws. I was my usual bubbly self & they were none the wiser that I'd just had a BA lol (the compression bra does a good job at holding down the girls!!) ;)  My recovery was so smooth too that no one in the family raise an eyelid, gotta love over-the-muscle recovery! I have found the whole team to be amazing & my results are great! Although at 2.5 weeks post op I'm still a long way from the final result but I'm extremely happy so far :) feel free to FR & PM with any questions!! I honestly could not recommend Richard & his team highly enough. I got 400cc mod plus textured Mentor overs xx

Hey Melbba! Wow you sound so much like me! I was strongly considering Dr Lee at TCI before I decided to go to with Richard. I didn't wanna risk a CS when I could afford a PS! I too live with my in laws & was petrified of them finding out. But the whole surgery was so smooth & seamless, the anaesthetic didn't leave me groggy or nauseous and I went home that night and ate dinner with the inlaws. I was my usual bubbly self & they were none the wiser that I'd just had a BA lol (the compression bra does a good job at holding down the girls!!) ;)  My recovery was so smooth too that no one in the family raise an eyelid, gotta love over-the-muscle recovery! I have found the whole team to be amazing & my results are great! Although at 2.5 weeks post op I'm still a long way from the final result but I'm extremely happy so far :) feel free to FR & PM with any questions!! I honestly could not recommend Richard & his team highly enough. I got 400cc mod plus textured Mentor overs xx

How was your post op appt JennaB89? How nice is it to have the dressings off and tape instead! When can you start massaging? I start this Thursday and I'm worried I'm going to do it wrong haha! Xx

Thank you EmilyCharlotte, you're so sweet! I have checked out your photos and gosh they look so fantastic so early. 

Cant wait I read your in-depth review.

Jenna, when I read your posts it was like I was reading something I had typed myself. Except that I don't really get along so well with my in-laws so it's a little harder. 

Sounds like you're both very happy with Dr Rahdon so far. 

Did he use the Keller funnel and how long are your incisions?

Re: TCI The lack of aftercare, attached equipped hospital in case of emergency and the recent bad cases really have me second guessing TCI, I'm less than six weeks out and it's all getting so stressful having doubts. 

With Dr Rahdon obviously being a plastic surgeon is a positive and I really like the fact that all the consults pre and post op are with the surgeon himself. 

ive just booked a consult the earliest I could squeeze in and the lovely Ange at reception said she could squeeze me in for surgery in October if I decide to go ahead so I have some decisions to make! And quickly!

So I've written my review but I must warn it's pretty long! I could go on all day about my boobies now!! Richard used Keller funnel on me yeah, I think it reduces chance of CC and he said my incisions would be up to 5cm because I was getting such a large implant. I would say they're around 3cm but I actually can't really see them that well so I will post a picture below for you to see yourself. I thought they would be huge red marks when I got my dressings off but I was very pleasantly surprised and bonus is that you don't need any stitches removed as he uses dissolvable ones (plus you get laser treatment anyway) ! I've seen some awful stitch jobs on here!! Xx

image.jpg

Your incisions look so good. 

I feel like the bigger the implant you get obviously the better it will hide the incision. 

Because im going so small, I won't have a lot of 'hang' where the Breast falls over the incision to hide it. 

I really want the smallest incision possible!

How was your post op appt JennaB89? How nice is it to have the dressings off and tape instead! When can you start massaging? I start this Thursday and I'm worried I'm going to do it wrong haha! Xx

It was good thanks lovely, although Richard was at the snow so I saw a nurse & not him?? :S She said I'm healing well etc but she didn't mention anything about massaging so I emailed them yesterday asking about massaging, exercise etc as the nurse was nice but not that informative. The lovely receptionist Di  replied within half an hour (as always! She's amazing) & said Richard will let me know about massaging at my next appt at the end of September. So we will see!! The nurse said I can make an appt to see Richard at any time because he wasn't available for my follow up appt but I'm happy to wait til the next appt. Was a tad strange but maybe he decided to go on a last minute trip lol. Your incisions look amazing!!!! :D xx

*bump*

I'm booked to see Richard next week for a consult for breast reduction/lift.  I did want to see Niamh Corduff but her Melbourne rooms told me she is no longer doing surgery in Geelong???  Anywho, seeing Richard but also will consider my TT surgeon, Anthony McDonald, who shares the same rooms with Richard anyway and I can't see there being a massive price difference, right?  The quote I had from Niamh 3 years ago was just under $8000.

Will report back following my consult.