Hello everyone,
New on this forum; Just wanted to ask what are the best chances for me on getting septoplasty done in Sydney and not spending lots of money? I'm a overseas student with a hospital cover(Insurance - BUPA) if that says something.. I will go to a public hospital tomorrow to ask someone on what is the best way for me to get septoplasty done and not spending thousands of dollars since money is really a problem at the moment and I'm suffering from this deviated septum thing for almost a year or a bit more and decided that i cant continue on suffering like this anymore, worst thing is sleep problems not to mention all the other stuff..
P.S I've already seen GP for 7times in a short period of time, tried various of things including: antibiotics, nasal steroids, oral steroids, allergy medicines etc. Nothing worked. Got a CT Scan done and it shows that i have a bow on my septum on left side of the nose. I've been to ENT recently(again spent lots of money) and he got me a regular check including going inside the nostrils with camera thingie and he could not pass through my left nostril since i have deviated septum and it is kinda obstructed so i think septoplasty should get things sorted for me.
Thank you very much guys!
Cheers!
18 years old

Thanks for replying guys!

Yeah I'm living in Sydney and today planning to go visit public hospital to ask whats the best possible options..

And yeah 3000$ is hella expensive for me as a student but i dont know if it can get any cheaper than that..? 

P.S In my opinion it is not pre existing since it started getting worse since i came to Sydney and has now came to a point where i cant sleep at all or breath through my nose properly for around 2months.. its driving me crazyyy:(

Edited by mantq

Sorry for double post;
So i've went to a public hospital and had a chat with receptionist. All she told me was to ring to emergency if it is really urgent or if i could wait for a longer period, get a refferal from doctor and ask him to get a referral to this(public)hospital.  Seems fair and clear but what i wanted to know and what is the biggest issue is money. How much would it cost in a public hospital? Approximately? Im really lost and dont know what to do, but one thing i know is that i cant live with this problem anymore, sleep is becoming a pain(waking up a night, restless sleep, waking up like feeling like sh*t..)
Any ideas guys? Much appreciated!

I've got my septoplasty and turbinate reduction done 1 week ago and got splints removed yesterday, feeling fine but tired(poor sleep because of breathing).

Still have very little bleeding inside the nostrils, no pain etc., just the stuffyness inside caused by blood, mucous and crust.. any idea how to clear my nose without blowing it?(i blew my nose a few times buy very gently, nasty stuff comes out).

Thank you!

Yes, I used Neil Med Sinus Rise Neti Pot with saline solutions, is that ok for the nasal mucosa?

It gave me little relief, but you want to blow your nose afterwards since there are water trapped after rinsing,

So should i keep on using neti pot? And how often can you use it without doing actual harm? I would love to get all this dried up blood and crusts out of my nose, because its kinda obstructing the breathing and i have read that you cannot blow your nose for 2weeks post op and it has been 1 week only, so.. :)

Thank you very much!!

Edited by mantq