LatishaToya

Invisalign

hello! 

So I am actually getting Invisalign. I didn't even think to post it but if anyone else is considering it, maybe I can help.

My aligners are currently in the process of being made. Heaps and heaps of digital images were taken of my teeth which were uploaded onto thee very spiffy computer which works out the length of time it will take to make the corrections on your teeth and how many Alginers you will need. Typically your aligners change every 2 weeks. I am unsure how long my treatment will take yet but as soon as I do know I will update. 

I have a generally very attractive smile I just have hang ups about it and I have decided to finally do something about it. My bottom teeth are crowded and my top are slightly overlapping/ leaning on one side. My bite is good and like I say it not unattractive but those things are something that have bothered me from being a young age.

Before I waffle too much as no one may be even interested please feel free to ask any questions. Xx

Hi hun

ive always wanted to get invisalins but told there really expensive. Can I ask you how much it's costing?? My teeth aren't that bad but just a few slightly overlapping and a bit of crowding. 

Where are you? I'm in Sydney :) 

We've probably got similar issues. Well I'm not going to lie it is expensive however I'm getting it on a 2 year payment plan. So I pay $160 ish a fortnight which totals $8,500. For me it's very affordable for something I've always wanted. 

I'm in SA, so it would likely be cheaper in Sydney I reckon. I had a free consult and I was drawn in.. Do it!!  

Hey LT, I rang for a consult but the lady was a bit rude and I didnt like the idea of going in for a free consultation to hear about it and then going back for the first consult where they do x rays and stuff, they wouldnt book me in back to back consults and i just don't have the time to go on two separate days.

I started a post in here about my goals for invisalign, it sounds like we are similar with our smiles. Can you posts some pictures of what you are starting with. i really want them done but yeah bit turned off the time commitment required to even just get it all started

Yeah sure babe, I'll post some pics later for you. 

The consult was actually really good it just outlined everything, they do X-rays (for me anyway) on the same day, you are recommended to get a check up with your dentist first before the main images get taken. That's because once treatment starts you can't get any fillings are anything as it changes the shape of your teeth.

i agree the time scale scared me and that's why I haven't done it yet, plus I have never liked the look of braces on an adult. One of the nurses had Invisalign that worked there and I honestly wouldn't have know had she not pointed it out, I noticed it then but it was still very discreet. 

I mi kind of figure if start the process you'll be half way before you know. The best part about them is that they can actually send you off with a supply of aligners to change into at 2 week intervals so you don't need to keep going back every two weeks for check ups or braces to be tightened. Plus bonus at the the end of it all they throw in teeth whitening with $500 to make it all fresh. 

Where did you book in?
I tried freedom dental as I have seen their ads all over Facebook but i don't think i would use them purely because the lady on the phone really annoyed me.

Is your treatment plan for 2 years? I am hoping I wont need that long, maybe a year. 

No the treatment plan shouldn't be 2 years, however I'm not sure how long it is yet. I'm hoping at the most 12 months. If it's longer I don't mind. It's worth it. It al depends on the individual. Just the payment plan is 2 years and it's the same cost whether it takes 6 months or 2 years to fix your teeth. Oh and it's interest free too and if you have private health even better. Because of the time period I've started mine I can actually claim for 3 years, so I should get about $2500 I think. Which is nothing to stick your nose up at!!

I went with Duncan's. Booked an appointment online, received a telephone call the next day I think from a receptionist confirming it all, she was very polite and lovely, they sent out a confirmation letter for the appointment in the post even though it was only 5 days away. The customer service has been fantastic, I am very aware of how others treat me in a customer service role and I have been nothing than impressed and happy with their service. Not pushy but very positive and it was hard to walk away and say no. I'll sort those pics out for you shortly. 😘

Edited by LatishaToya
Forgot details

I am well over halfway through my Invisalign treatment, 17 weeks left to go (but who's counting??) 

I also go to Duncan Orthodontics in Adelaide and see Dr Duncan who I think is the best! 

I have to admit when I first got mine, I did think to myself OMG, what have I signed up for. They were annoying, they were tight, I hated having to keep taking them in and out to eat or drink anything other than water, plus I also had to have attachments and elastics too, so they made me feel quite self conscious, and I also felt like I was talking with a lisp for a little while too while I was getting used to them!

Now, I think they are worth every single penny!!! I have noticed MASSIVE changes in my teeth and despite still having another 17 retainers to get through (I change weekly), I am already so, so happy with how good they look now. Cannot wait to get through these last weeks and have the attachments removed and then whitened. I've also decided once they're all done, I am going to get my lips enhanced to draw attention to my amazing new teeth ;) 

I will have to have a retainer once my treatment is finished, which I believe all clients need?? Anyway, I was given the option of either a plastic one that will be removable and worn each night while sleeping, or a permanent wire which is fitted behind your teeth so it remains unseen, which is what I think I am leaning towards as I don't want to have to worry about using a retainer every night for the rest of my life!

If anyone is considering it I would say go for it, a good set of teeth do a lot in the self confidence stakes :D

So for anyone following this post, I apologise that I haven't put a before pic up yet. Life gets in the way sometimes.

i would like to update that I now have my first aligners as of yesterday. I have been advised that o will change them weekly at the same time each week, Monday evenings for me and the treatment time total is 35 weeks, which I am super happy about as technically I should be all done and no more Invisalign and straight teeth by June 2016. Basically the length of a pregnancy. 

They are are very comfortable, feel like wearing gum shields but aren't obtrusive. Mum and dad didn't notice last night until I told them and even when I did they found it difficult to notice.

No one has mentioned anything at work yet even though they knew I was getting them, so interested to see if/ when they do notice. I will add pics of them in for you. 

As you can see my teeth are slanted predominantly on one side and you can't see from the photo but my bottom teeth are crowded and not straight. I will update as we go along. 

April I also go to the same place as you! 

😘😘

image.jpg

Also apologies, my lips are dry this morning and not responding to my paw paw 😠

Hi ladies!

Just chipping in to say I had Invisalign Lite last year (the 6 month version with 1 refinement if needed).

Latisha, or won't know yourself when the treatment is complete! Not that I think your teeth are bad to start with, they're actually relatively good, but they will B perfect when you're done :)

i literally have strangers compliment me on my teeth all the time. Little do they know how much time and effort I've put in! A great smile makes such a huge difference in how you look!!

Cost was about $4000 be discounted as I paid upfront. That's the 'Lite' version (from memory!) and I believe the 'Full' is about $6000?

Went with Freedom Dental in South Melbourne, they are always very busy but they do know what they're doing and really flexible with appointments etc which was important to me. I now know a few of the dentists working there (can't keep track of the receptionists though) and they're all lovely.

After the end of your treatment they also give you free Philips At-homewhitening. I've used other professional whitening  products before, but this one is good, strong, and doesnt make the teeth too sensitive. I finished my Invisalign treatment about a year ago now, and have been back to Freedom for my last two six-month check up and clean, because I've grown to like it. They also only charge $70 for whitening refills which will Last a good 6-12 months and you just use the gel with your Invisalign aligned or retainers.

If you're still thinking about it The Fox, I'd recommend you go in for the free consult and just see what you think. I've gotten two other ladies at work on to them with Invisalign now! LOL

Hi ladies!

Just chipping in to say I had Invisalign Lite last year (the 6 month version with 1 refinement if needed).

Latisha, or won't know yourself when the treatment is complete! Not that I think your teeth are bad to start with, they're actually relatively good, but they will B perfect when you're done :)

i literally have strangers compliment me on my teeth all the time. Little do they know how much time and effort I've put in! A great smile makes such a huge difference in how you look!!

Cost was about $4000 be discounted as I paid upfront. That's the 'Lite' version (from memory!) and I believe the 'Full' is about $6000?

Went with Freedom Dental in South Melbourne, they are always very busy but they do know what they're doing and really flexible with appointments etc which was important to me. I now know a few of the dentists working there (can't keep track of the receptionists though) and they're all lovely.

After the end of your treatment they also give you free Philips At-homewhitening. I've used other professional whitening  products before, but this one is good, strong, and doesnt make the teeth too sensitive. I finished my Invisalign treatment about a year ago now, and have been back to Freedom for my last two six-month check up and clean, because I've grown to like it. They also only charge $70 for whitening refills which will Last a good 6-12 months and you just use the gel with your Invisalign aligned or retainers.

If you're still thinking about it The Fox, I'd recommend you go in for the free consult and just see what you think. I've gotten two other ladies at work on to them with Invisalign now! LOL

Thanks for your feedback i am glad to hear that you had a good experience with them, i think i will just bite the bullet and go for it

Yay LatishaToya!! I find Dr Duncan to be great :D You're lucky that you can't notice yours at all. I had to have attachments on my K9 (?) teeth which make mine a lot more obvious, however a lot of people have said they would've never known if I hadn't said anything. 

I change weekly also - but 55 weeks for me!!!! I've got 14 left, cannot wait to be free of them, with perfectly straight teeth. 

TheFox, Maybe shop around a little bit? The place I went to did the consult and the x-rays all on the same day in the same time slot - so I chatted to the nurse, then was taken off with another nurse to have x-rays, then came back to the initial nurse for her to get all my images up on the computer, then booked in and went back to have the scanning done of each individual tooth to have the aligners made. I am having the full version, and paid around $8,500 however am paying it off in instalments, which is $120 per fortnight after the initial deposit then when I have them off I am getting them whitened as part of the deal, and then a permanent retainer (there is a choice of permanent or removable) which they said would be around $300 extra. My private health covered a portion of the invisalign and will also cover a portion of my retainer too. 

Do it - I wish I did this years ago and can already see how amazing they will look once I've finished the treatment. 

Sorry for the slow replies on this this topic. I have been so busy.

Anyway, to the point, I'm on aligner number 3 now and I've just had the attachments added too now like you April6420. I've had 14 attachments put on and they are a little uncomfortable but I know it will just be something that I get used to. Mainly behind my top lip, I may try some bonjela, but I figure it's like wearing in a new pair of shoes, your skin eventually hardens to it a little and you're good.

ive been sent off with 10 new aligners, so my next appointment isn't for another 10 weeks. I just change them on a weekly basis at the same time until I go back in for more and a check up.

I am so happy I have them. 8 months and I'll have perfectly straight teeth. That's amazing! It does make kissing feel weird at first, especially with the attachments but you get used to it. Also if you like to lick lollypops (metaphor going on there if you didn't realise) no issues at all. 😜

Update picture of teeth with attachments for you to see. ✌️❤️

As you can see on inspection, it is slightly more obvious and as told last night while on a date, "looks like I have pimples on me teeth" hahahahaha! Guys are so funny sometimes 😕😂 (the emojis were basically my reaction!) 

image.jpeg

Edited by LatishaToya

You will love the end result @LatishaToya, I found the biggest adjustment for me was taking them in and out all the time to eat and drink - and I am a huge snacker, but you do get used to it. 

I had my second to last appt this week, and have 6 aligners left to go but am unhappy with a small gap that I've been left with so am having some 'refinements' done afterwards, which they've estimated will add on an extra 10 weeks (plus another 4-5 for them to rescan my teeth then send all the data off for my new retainers to be made). I'm a little disappointed, but figure I've come this far now and am SO happy with the results I can already see, but I want them to be absolutely perfect for the $$ I've spent on them! 

I was told when I started not to fixate on the end date, but of course I did anyway... but it will be worth the extra few weeks in the end ;)