imperfectly_lou

Fake tan and incisions

Hi girls,

How long after your surgery did you use fake tan? I'm nearly 6 weeks, looking super white and summer is looming! I think if I cover the incisions with a bit of micropore tape while I let the tan dry it should be ok? I'm concerned about staining the incisions. I am seeing my surgeon next week so I won't do it before then.

I spray tanned a week after surgery but used pantyliners on the incisions for the tan 😳 I wouldn't want the tan anywhere need them but covered up is fine 👍

Haha I had panty liners stuffed into my compression bra to stop it from rubbing on my incisions the first few weeks.... very handy things those panty liners

Great advice guys! I'm super pale and I was worried that I would have to be ghost white for November-December. Not looking forward to stopping the tanning before my BA though!

I've been wondering the same thing! I usually tan weekly but I'm day 15 now and have been avoiding it for fear of colouring and staining my incisions. I will have to give the panty liners a go 😂

I had a spray tan at 4 months ad have to say that I absolutely loved that my BA/BL scars blended in sooooooooo well... the only reason I didn't use protection ;) was because the operator was 8 months post op after her own BA and new her stuff.

Bottom line... no adverse effect what so ever!

OMG sorry guy's... spelling and grammer, back to school for me!