boobs4me

How long until your boobs felt like a part of you?

I hope my question makes sense. I am 4 weeks post op as of yesterday and I still don't feel like my boobs are a  normal part of my body. I walk into things (misjudge how wide I need to open doors etc), running just feels odd, I'm forever feeling them to make sure they look and feel right and when I first get up in the morning they feel heavy. Does it get to the point where you feel completely normal and can forget you actually have implants? I love my boobs but I just want to feel normal again. 

In all honesty I would say it was about 3-4 months before I felt as if they were just a part of me... where I didn't think about them at all.

You will feel 'normal' again, meanwhile enjoy them and just give your body time to accept/adjust to something 'different' :)

I think everyone is different. I'm a year and a half post op and never forget I have them. Things like using the chest muscles, running or even removing my bra will make me aware they're there. Anything that makes the muscles 'clamp down' over the implant. Feels kinda blah tbh. The sensation just got less intrusive over time. I envy people who say they're part of them or they forget they're in there. If I place my hand beneath my breast I can feel the implant. It's more of a slight nuisance than anything else. I think in my case, loss of sensation beneath my arm pit on one side also feels annoying. 

Can't say I've misjudged door spaces though! You must have a lot of sideboob? 

Thanks girls. It's typical of me to want everything yesterday so it's not a surprise that I'm obviously being impatient with the process. Every day I notice them less and less and I know there have been some days where I have got to the end of the day and not thought about them until I get into the shower. 

I think everyone is different. I'm a year and a half post op and never forget I have them. Things like using the chest muscles, running or even removing my bra will make me aware they're there. Anything that makes the muscles 'clamp down' over the implant. Feels kinda blah tbh. The sensation just got less intrusive over time. I envy people who say they're part of them or they forget they're in there. If I place my hand beneath my breast I can feel the implant. It's more of a slight nuisance than anything else. I think in my case, loss of sensation beneath my arm pit on one side also feels annoying. 

Can't say I've misjudged door spaces though! You must have a lot of sideboob? 

lol. I don't think I have massive side boob (I had 385cc implants). I'm just really bad at estimating how much space I need in front of me now. ;)

I would say around the 6-8 wek mark which is when they had really settled and dropped and softened too they felt like I'd always had them and definitely felt like a part of me. Initially I was always aware that there was something foreign in me but after a few weeks I couldn't actually imagine there being anything foreign as they felt no normal and real and that I'd always had them 

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow yay and finally they are feeling normal to lay on my side.

Oh goodness, it took 6 weeks for you to be able to lay on your side?  :unsure:

I'm so scared about post op, i love my sleep and i sleep on my stomach/side,...

im nearly 3 years post op now and it took me a good 12 months for mine to feel part of me.... once the nerves repaired themselves it was all good,  that was the most annoying part for me the sharp stinging pains ...

mumO5

im nearly 3 years post op now and it took me a good 12 months for mine to feel part of me.... once the nerves repaired themselves it was all good,  that was the most annoying part for me the sharp stinging pains ...

mumO5

did you have a lift as well @mum05