TheFox

12 week challenge

So I know this isn't weight loss surgery but I have signed up to do Michelle Bridges 12wbt.
Anyone care to join me? You dont have to be doing Michelles program but I thought we could al start and finish together. I know I do so much better when I have people that I am doing it with.

I am about 6kgs to lose so I am aiming for 0.5kg per week. My program has me doing exercise 6 days per week and 1500 cals per day.

It starts Monday, so nervous but excited too.

Yay I am not alone :)
I am very excited mummaboobs. I did 12bt a few years ago with some great success but it is funny how easily the weight slowly creeps on over time.

Good luck with your tummy tuck, which surgeon are you thinking about?

Yay, MONDAY it is :) ive seen some awesome before and afters from BBG 

I know unreal huh! hope I'm one of them lol I've done a bit of it already its hard (for me anyway :p) but so good that I can do it all at home.

Michelle Bridges had the BEST recipes I have a few of her books so easy to follow most of her recipes being 300-400cals each. 

Hey TheFox not sure what you full stats are but roughly having 1500 calories a day is probably just a little bit too low, not trying to sound negative at all I just have a nutrition/exercise science background but you BMR should be about that and your normal diet probably around 1800cals, just after the 12 week challenge you weight might fluctuate again once you go back to a general workout etc :)   But good luck for your program though i'm trying to make the most of lifting weights till November when I have surgery eek :)

I know unreal huh! hope I'm one of them lol I've done a bit of it already its hard (for me anyway :p) but so good that I can do it all at home.

Michelle Bridges had the BEST recipes I have a few of her books so easy to follow most of her recipes being 300-400cals each. 

I know thats why i am so excited, i am looking forward to not having to think about it :)

Hey TheFox not sure what you full stats are but roughly having 1500 calories a day is probably just a little bit too low, not trying to sound negative at all I just have a nutrition/exercise science background but you BMR should be about that and your normal diet probably around 1800cals, just after the 12 week challenge you weight might fluctuate again once you go back to a general workout etc :)   But good luck for your program though i'm trying to make the most of lifting weights till November when I have surgery eek :)

Hi naomiaa, i appreciate your input, if it was a few months ago I would have said the exact same thing. 
I have done fitness comps before so I am pretty in touch with my 
maintenance calories which are around 1800 for me, so spot on with what you said. I will be sure to reverse diet really slowly out of this but i think for me the problem will be reversing out of all that cardio that is on the program.
I just want to shift about 6 kilos and then maintain. I  definitely do not want to yoyo

Yeah no worries i just was thinking about how if you do a 12 week challenge what happens after and the affects of it because you don't keep doing them over and over haha :) Hmm maybe do different type of cardio or plyos ? Yeah i'll probably be lowering my cals slightly closer to surgery, can you PM me what you experience with Mark was as I am going with him as well ! :)

no i really do appreciate it. I wish I had all of that information a few years ago, it would have helped a lot :)

I am limiting her cardio sessions to only three per week, the other three sessions i will be doing my normal weights sessions. I am hoping i wont need the entire 12 weeks to lose the 6kgs so I can start adding calories back in before it finishes. probably wishful thinking though lol

YAy for going with Mark, I have nothing but good things to say about him and his team. I have written about my experience with him on his clinician profile, feel free to have a read and then PM any questions you might have

I really need to lose around 6kgs too. Recovering from shoulder bursitis at the moment so finding training a bit harder.

My diet is what I struggle with the most. I have a major sweet tooth and I also struggle to eat more calories. Most of the meals plans I find aren't over 1200 calories.

Edited by ab1990

I really need to lose around 6kgs too. Recovering from shoulder bursitis at the moment so finding training a bit harder.

My diet is what I struggle with the most. I have a major sweet tooth.

HI ab1990, ive been talking to mummaboobs, she just had back surgery so high the in a similar position. 
Could you do some walking as your exercise :)

I am hearing you on the sweet tooth, its my biggest downfall. I have had a look at a lot of micelles recipes and they look great. I will be sure to share any amazing sweet recipes 

HI ab1990, ive been talking to mummaboobs, she just had back surgery so high the in a similar position. 
Could you do some walking as your exercise :)

I am hearing you on the sweet tooth, its my biggest downfall. I have had a look at a lot of micelles recipes and they look great. I will be sure to share any amazing sweet recipes 

Oh I'm able to run and do most exercises just not push ups etc. Still training 5 days a week.

Ok Day Two!! I have the worst cold ever!! Good thing is I am not hungry. Bad thing I can't exercise!!

I feel strange tho no coffee for two days and no soft drink!!

Oh I'm able to run and do most exercises just not push ups etc. Still training 5 days a week.

I have just had major back surgery..but just trying to move. Walking is the only thing I can really do. Lots of small walks!!

waaaaah I am so HANGRY - I hope my appetite settles down otherwise I am going to have to increase calories as I don't think I can go on like this lol - bit dramatic i know ahhahaha

I cheated today, i had three extra almonds and about 50grams of grilled chicken and i don't even care lol

only 11.5 weeks to go 

How's everyone going??

I'm sore everyday but feel good! My little 2 year old stands there and says REEEEEADY... GO MUMMY!! & gives me hi fives after my sets lol best workout buddy ever :lol:

Going good with my eating although I cheated on the weekend & had a few drinks ooops!!