Blossom

Adelaide Surgeon Recommendations

Hi all,

I'm brand new to this site so please forgive me while I try and learn all the lingo! 

I've been looking into BA for a number of years now, and its finally time for me to bite the bullet and go through with it once and for all.

My beautician recently had hers done with Michael Higgs from Parkside and has been really happy, and an associate also had hers done with him about 7 years ago and also was very happy - so he is definitely on my list of those to see.

Another friend of mine had hers done about 3 years ago at APSA with Dr Sylidis (sp?) and has been really happy with them also, and she is so set against me going to a CS and is very insistent that I only use a PS. 

So, now I am very confused. I just want someone who will do the best job for me, and to look as natural as possible, and am interested in hearing which surgeons I should add to my list to have a consult with and those who are best avoided. 

Hi April6420

im currently looking into having a BA as well.

I have had a couple of consultations to ensure I'm happy with the recommendations. My two preferences are Dr Kollias and Dr Cooter.

I am currently waiting for my quotes which will somewhat determine who I go with.

I had Dr Sylaidis on my list also but as Rattlie mentions, he is no longer performing this procedure.

Thanks girls. 

Rattlie, by friend had hers done about 3 years ago by Dr Sylaidis too and was very happy with him also shame he is no longer doing the surgery as he was on my list to contact before making a decision. 

I have had a couple of consultations to ensure I'm happy with the recommendations. My two preferences are Dr Kollias and Dr Cooter.

Yay, we can compare notes :) I haven't heard of Dr Cooter before so will look him up, and I was planning to see Dr Kollias for a consult after reading how happy L is with how her surgery went - and I also liked the fact that he ONLY deals in boobs, not 100 other things as well. Did you get to see any of his before & after pics? I'm finding it hard to find anything much about him online, and couldn't find a website for his work either. 

Dr Tony Moore APSA (North Tce) - Plastic surgeon did two friend on mine..both are very happy with the results........

Thanks Spottydog, perhaps I'll consult with Dr Moore there now that Dr Sylaidis is no longer consulting for BA's. 

Add me as a friend if you like, I had surgery with Dr Kollias 2 weeks ago and am over the moon with my results.

He has done about 4 of my friends boobs as well and they are all very happy.

Have added you L, would love to hear more about your surgery and recovery too! I have 3 kids at home, so hoping that it won't be too unbearable :/ 

Following! I had a consult with Tim Edwards but haven't heard any reviews on him or any other PS in Adelaide for that matter. Also why is implant surgery so much more expensive in Adelaide? My quote was over $13,000.

L I have just sent you a friend request too, hope that's ok. :-)

Thanks girls. 

Rattlie, by friend had hers done about 3 years ago by Dr Sylaidis too and was very happy with him also shame he is no longer doing the surgery as he was on my list to contact before making a decision. 

Yay, we can compare notes :) I haven't heard of Dr Cooter before so will look him up, and I was planning to see Dr Kollias for a consult after reading how happy L is with how her surgery went - and I also liked the fact that he ONLY deals in boobs, not 100 other things as well. Did you get to see any of his before & after pics? I'm finding it hard to find anything much about him online, and couldn't find a website for his work either. 

Dr Tony Moore APSA (North Tce) - Plastic surgeon did two friend on mine..both are very happy with the results........

Thanks Spottydog, perhaps I'll consult with Dr Moore there now that Dr Sylaidis is no longer consulting for BA's. 

Add me as a friend if you like, I had surgery with Dr Kollias 2 weeks ago and am over the moon with my results.

He has done about 4 of my friends boobs as well and they are all very happy.

Have added you L, would love to hear more about your surgery and recovery too! I have 3 kids at home, so hoping that it won't be too unbearable :/ 

hi April6420

yes there's hardly any info out there on Adelaide surgeons, but as I said previously my two preferences are Kollias and Cooter. Both are highly regarded surgeons who actually do a lot of breast cancer related surgeries as well as breast augmentations.

i found both very similar. The only differences were:

sizing - cooter has a bra and top you use to try on the sizers . This gave me a rea good understanding of what the different sizes would look like in clothes.

measurements - cooter dos many more breast measurements.

implants - the surgeons use different brands (both equally as good from my understanding . One surgeon recommend high profile, the other moderate profile.

consultation - consultation price between the two is different. But I think it was well worth the second opinion .

aftercare - aftercare was much the same, however Kollias' surgery is one night's stay in a hospital.

I was very happy with both. They both had images to look at however I felt cooter's images overalls showed the type of outcome I would be happy with. My decision will made at the end of next week, with surgery end of this month/early October.

Following! I had a consult with Tim Edwards but haven't heard any reviews on him or any other PS in Adelaide for that matter. Also why is implant surgery so much more expensive in Adelaide? My quote was over $13,000.

L I have just sent you a friend request too, hope that's ok. :-)

Hi Lilgirl

i had my nose done by Tim Edwards some 10 years ago and requiresd a second operation two years later because he didn't do it properly and I was left with a big "hook" at the end of my nose (He didn't shave the bone properly and when my nose dropped my bone created this big lump). This is not to say he's not a good surgeon and of course this relates to a different surgery and 10 years is a long time ago, however that was my personal experience with Dr Edwards.

regardless of who you see, I've found seeking a second opinion for peace of mind and reassurance is essential.

hi April6420

yes there's hardly any info out there on Adelaide surgeons, but as I said previously my two preferences are Kollias and Cooter. Both are highly regarded surgeons who actually do a lot of breast cancer related surgeries as well as breast augmentations.

i found both very similar. The only differences were:

sizing - cooter has a bra and top you use to try on the sizers . This gave me a rea good understanding of what the different sizes would look like in clothes.

measurements - cooter dos many more breast measurements.

implants - the surgeons use different brands (both equally as good from my understanding . One surgeon recommend high profile, the other moderate profile.

consultation - consultation price between the two is different. But I think it was well worth the second opinion .

aftercare - aftercare was much the same, however Kollias' surgery is one night's stay in a hospital.

I was very happy with both. They both had images to look at however I felt cooter's images overalls showed the type of outcome I would be happy with. My decision will made at the end of next week, with surgery end of this month/early October.

Tim Edwards did my fat transfer - total waste of money ZERO improvement

The my pal got a neck lift- she had to get Edwards to rework it..........

Hi Lilgirl

i had my nose done by Tim Edwards some 10 years ago and requiresd a second operation two years later because he didn't do it properly and I was left with a big "hook" at the end of my nose (He didn't shave the bone properly and when my nose dropped my bone created this big lump). This is not to say he's not a good surgeon and of course this relates to a different surgery and 10 years is a long time ago, however that was my personal experience with Dr Edwards.

regardless of who you see, I've found seeking a second opinion for peace of mind and reassurance is essential.

I've been seeing dr kollias for lumps and lesions in my breasts and I'm very happy with him. I know it's not a BA but I know he does lots of breast cancer ops etc.

however he is about to go on 6 weeks leave 

good luck :)

eeep!!! I better call tomorrow and see when I can get in to see him then!!! 

His rooms are on Angus Street in the City and he operates in St Andrews hospital. L had her BA with Dr Kollias a few weeks ago, if you look her up and FR her she has some photos up too. They look great also :) 

His rooms are on Angus Street in the City and he operates in St Andrews hospital. L had her BA with Dr Kollias a few weeks ago, if you look her up and FR her she has some photos up too. They look great also :) 

@moolicius i'll fr you xxx