Sign in to follow this  
youngbub

Possibly a silly q

So I've read a bit on here about dental issues leading to possible issues with your BA. I am booked for surgery next week and of course I've now got a hole in one of my teeth that I do not have time to get fixed before surgery. Do you think this will be an issue? I have emailed my surgeons office but am yet to hear back. Thanks 

I know I was definitely asked about dental stuff at time of surgery. I think it's to do with the risk of infection. Hopefully it doesn't matter!  They might get you to start anti biotics early or give you some extra or something. Let us know what they say when you hear! 

If it's just a filling that you're getting that should not be a problem :) but of course, double check with both your surgeon and your dentist. Also how soon after surgery will you be getting the filling? That may be an important fact to consider. 

My dentist told me it's only an issue with having major dental surgery like a tooth pulled etc. I was so stressed about this as I had a filling pretty soon post op. I spoke to my surgeon and dentist and girls on this forum. Mixed responses but overall I told my Dentist and I'll only be taking the anti biotics if I have major dental work which I really don't hope to have to ever deal with.