Sign in to follow this  
Emxoxo

Uni Students & BA

Hey,

Just wondering if any girls who have had there BA were still in there semester of uni?

I will be getting mine done and missing 4 x classes in the process (2 weeks off - but luckily most of my subjects finish in September)

I will have assignments to do during my time off- would you recommend I do them early? Or would I be able to still concentrate and be comfortable within those 2 weeks to get them done?

I really just don't know what im signing myself up for in terms of recovery period!

p.s I will also be doing a teaching presentation about 20 days after my surgery! Im assuming they will still be sitting up high so any advice on what to wear to cover them up? As I will be presenting infront of an entire class. Haha...

I was at uni when I had my done. I was also studying law at the time so we didnt have much 'prac' work to do.

I had mine done over the easter break so all of my mid semester assessments were already due before the surgery. I think if you give yourself a week or so to unfog your brain you will be fine.

I agree with Mycosmeticjourney though, you will be fine earlier. I was even studying for my exams in the hospital, but I had an overnight stay so had to keep myself occupied. 

I'd probably recommend having the bulk of your assessments done probably even if theyre way before being due just to probably ease the stress if your recovery doesn't go as well or if you feel like relaxing a little more just so you have that peace of mind to know where youre at :)

I would definitely get all your assignments done beforehand, just incase your recovery is a little slower than expected :) 

I must say I'm a little jealous that you girls were allowed to have yours done during a study break, my doctor told me I had to wait until uni was over for the year before I could get surgery done, so I've booked it for 3 days after my exams are finished :p 

Edited by Countrygirl94

Hi, I'm a psych student (part time) and I also work full time. I got my BA done during the semester (4 weeks in) and I found it took me a couple of weeks to catch up. It was lucky that most of my assessments and exams are at the end of the semester :) 

I was at uni when I had my done. I was also studying law at the time so we didnt have much 'prac' work to do.

I had mine done over the easter break so all of my mid semester assessments were already due before the surgery. I think if you give yourself a week or so to unfog your brain you will be fine.

I agree with Mycosmeticjourney though, you will be fine earlier. I was even studying for my exams in the hospital, but I had an overnight stay so had to keep myself occupied. 

Haha how funny I had mine over the easter break too...however my assignments were all due after the surgery :\

There's lot of high necked, turtle neck tops around at the moment that would probably work. There's baggy ones, tight ones, thick/thin, sleeveless, long sleeved. I have a few that I've been wearing out when I need to hide how high my boobs still are & the post op bras.

I also still have the slightest bit of belly bloat hanging around, so factor that in.

Depending on what outfit you choose, you might also like to have some nipple covers on hand. I personally get pretty cold in air con rooms and the post op bra does not hide that!