EJ1980

Uneven breast size following breast augmentation

Posting for my close friend who is very distressed about the outcome of her surgery. She had insignificant assymetry to begin with and now has very obvious size difference and it has been 9 months since surgery. She has been placed on medication to "relax the capsule" and help it to drop but it isnt helping. She has now been told that he doesnt need to see her for another 6 months and that it could take 2 years total to settle. I myself have had a very succesful breast augmentation and don't know what to suggest for her. She would love opinions on how you would handle this and if anyone else has experienced it and if so did it improve on its own. Thanks!

received_1636686333283473.jpeg

Nope same size implants because the difference in size preop was really minimal do not worth doing different sizes. 

It is a medication used for asthma and it doesnt seem to be doing anything and has been nearly 3 months of daily use.

I really feel for her and hoping someone has had anything similar happen or ideas about what to do

There is no medication to relax the capsule whoever spun this is being completely dishonest.

aside from the assymetry her breasts are beautiful!

assymety needs to be approached with the right eye and skill.  What is this magic pill? 

i agree they are beautiful but look like 2 completely different breasts. I thought the same about the medication. Im no expert but I had my implants removed and replaced in october following capsular contracture and was advised surgery was the only way to treat any capsule

She doesnt want to mention him as she is hoping to somehow resolve the issue

Do you have any ideas as to what could be contributing to the size difference or what to do to fix it?

I hadnt heard of it either. I had capsular contracture and wasnt prescribed anything. Just had aurgery which was smooth and uncomplicated with great outcome. What would he be buying time for? Warranty perio

Hi ladies, these are mine

The singulair has definately helped loosen my left side. Apparantly the capsule had hardened but wasnt at capsular contracture and the singulair was given to try stop it going further. I believe it has worked to a small degree but not enough to be satisfactory.

My surgeon wants to give it another 6 months to see how it goes and if gravity will stretch it out as he said himself that the assymetry was there but insignificant pre op. 

Im not here to name names or bag my surgeon out as thats not what im about, im just after anyone whose had similar experiences and what the outcome was x

Edited by Jaz

I took it for a month and had a break and been on it for just over 2 months now with a few weeks to go then i stop. I am experiencing a lot of side effects that my gp said will be from the singulair and had a blood test last week which im pretty sure included checking my liver which was all fine. Thanks for your concern. I am definately counting down the days until i stop!

Jaz have you gotten a second opinion at all? Personally I would make an appointment for a consult with a reputable plastic surgeon in your city. A second opinion can't hurt, especially when you are experiencing side effects from the medication you have been prescribed.

Another surgeon may provide you with some new options to consider, or put your mind at ease by reassuring you that your current treatment will work. Either way you will get some questions answered. 

Does anyone know if Jaz could be in her rights t expect them fixed by him? Is there such a thing as a warranty period? Has anyone known anyone with a similar outcome?

different surgeons have different policies on this, some will do a revision free of charge, some will have a discounted price and some will charge like normal. What city do you guys live in? I respect that you want to keep the name of the surgeon private but it will be difficult for us to give specific advise without knowing who he/she is. 

No I havent got a 2nd opinion. I have trusted my surgeon right from the start so i feel like id be going behind his back if i didnt wait out the time frame he has given but it will definately be on the cards if hes not willing to fix them if need be. 

I didnt go overseas or to any cheap clinics. I paid top dollar and did lots of research on him and also had seen his work on friends so im a little devastated this is my outcome after 9 months. Had i have been made aware i may have not got them done as i am having more trouble with them now than before I had them done. I am completely restricted with what I can wear as most things make the assymetry stand out to the point i need to hide them, and coming up to summer is going to be even more difficult to hide the assymetry. I cant get bathers or bras to fit properly on both breasts. So frustrating! I trying to be patient!

Jaz I underwent a breast augmentation almost 4 years ago now and developed complications that gradually worsened over the years post op. It was nothing too severe but it was enough to bother me.

I made an appointment back with my original surgeon who told me that I still had a 'fairly good' result, said he could operate to fix it but that he didn't see the point. Then he said to come back in twelve months and if it had gotten worse then he would consider operating (just to make if worse he told me her charges the same for revisions).. I waited a few months before I joined this forum and then decided to make a consultation with a plastic surgeon who a lot of girls seemed to rate very highly. I felt awkward about it too particularly because I actually work with my original surgeon so it felt like a bit of a betrayal but I decided my happiness was more important.  

My new surgeon examined me and immediately identified my problems without me even having to tell him, he explained what he would like to do to resolve them and underwent a revision. I'm now 18 days post op and I couldn't be happier. My only regret is not doing is sooner. 

Aljen can i ask what your complications were? And did you pay a full breast augment price ?

your welcome to add me to have a look at my pre and post photos... I don't have any pics up after my new BA yet but I do have before and after a from my first op.

I developed visible rippling in the cleavage area and underneath my left breast, my nipples were uneven and my implants sat very close together.

my new surgeon did give me a discount ( I'm not sure if this is his standard practice or not) and was able to give me item numbers so I could claim back through Medicare and my private insurance. My private health insurance completely covered my implants and the hospital fee. It was still a considerable cost to me including the anaesthetist though, however my new surgeon does have a policy so if I need another revision with him it's free of charge for me.

Hey Jaz, could you please just specify if your surgeon is located in Sydney and the where abouts without naming him?

I am very close to getting mine done- but to be honest saving the money for them in the first place as a uni student has NOT been easy.  I would really hate to have something like this happen to me - meaning a revision that I probably wont be able to afford without a few months of saving! I understand you don't want to name names but details like this on a forum is really helpful- especially where a surgeon is not willing to fix a quite obvious unjust is definitely not someone I would want to be seeing! p.s Your breasts r actually amazing! it is such a shame about the size difference and im really sorry that has happened to you. You are handling it really well- I would not be so forgiving! x

I doubt singular can fix this - sorry to say...

I had a cousin use it in Canada with fairly negative results....it didn't improve her assymetry at all (similar to yours) and elevated her liver enzymes and effected her liver functioning....honestly I don't believe it works...

You have great looking boobs, I would just bite the bullet and go back for a revision, I really doubt it is going to improve enough to where your boobs even up in size.....good luck with it x

My cousin was off and on it for 1.5 years - did absolutely nothing to improve her assymetry...