Wondering what peoples experiences were of how hungry and what they felt like the week following surgery. I'm going to be staying in a hotel for 5 days after my overnight stay but i'm not too sure how much food I will require. As i am into bodybuilding i do have a rough plan of what I will be eating after the week of surgery including pre prepared meals however i'm not sure how much of it i'll feel like eating or how much to take, although I will have my sister bring me dinner and i'm not stressed just curious because I am an overplanner and I also don't wan tto over pack just to lighten the load :) I have had GA in the past when i've had all 4 wisdom teeth removed and I was fine and was eating perfectly normal first day but obviously due to surgery on my mouth and the swelling etc I wasnt very hungry etc ( so can't compare that to BA/BL) so I'm not sure how hungry I will be in the days following and what to expect there :)

I may be a bit of an anomaly but I was ravenous after surgery and ate a lot more than usual which really surprised me as I thought that without training I wouldn't need the fuel and not eat as much. Some of it I think was boredom eating but I also think my body wanted it to heal. I'm five weeks post op now and weigh 2kg less than I did prior to surgery which means I also lost weight of implants. Still not allowed to do more than walk on a treadmill so not training yet. 

well I think I might be somewhere in the middle for this then from the looks of it, as I lost my appetite due to the pain and trouble from eating during wisdom teeth but I guess i'll just have to see, though staying in southbank for a week without being able to eat a lot might be a little tortorous haha  but worth it !

My diet was the same as normal. I went with Mark Ashton, was first on the theatre list and back in my room by 1030am. I ate normal lunch, dinner and breakfast the following day before being discharged And then ate like normal at home.... I didn't take any pain killers other than paracetamol though and from previous experience the stronger pain killers do make me loose my appetite. 

I also do bodybuilding & my appetite was all over the place the first week after my BA. Some days I wasn't hungry, others I would eat from when I woke up to when I went to bed! I'm assuming it's all related to the meds I was on (I took all my meds incl endone & Valium as I was in a fair amount of pain). 

Dont even stress over it. Have a few meals pre prepared, a few snacks, heaps of tea/drinks etc, esp if your sister can help out. And interestingly no matter what I did or didn't eat I was still super bloated each night with an anaesthetic hangover...

I had my wisdom teeth out plus sinus lift & bone graft under GA. I lost weight as I couldn't eat solids for about 3 weeks. This time is much different!

I also do bodybuilding & my appetite was all over the place the first week after my BA. Some days I wasn't hungry, others I would eat from when I woke up to when I went to bed! I'm assuming it's all related to the meds I was on (I took all my meds incl endone & Valium as I was in a fair amount of pain). 

Dont even stress over it. Have a few meals pre prepared, a few snacks, heaps of tea/drinks etc, esp if your sister can help out. And interestingly no matter what I did or didn't eat I was still super bloated each night with an anaesthetic hangover...

I had my wisdom teeth out plus sinus lift & bone graft under GA. I lost weight as I couldn't eat solids for about 3 weeks. This time is much different!

Yeah i'm not too fussed with losing weight and all that i'm going to be lowering my cals and I have a few supplements which i'll double check but theyll help with bloat and recovery after surgery anyway I just don't want to pack too much but I think comparing my recovery in terms of GA wise I think I might be fine but i'm glad to have my sister helping me 😊 

My diet was the same as normal. I went with Mark Ashton, was first on the theatre list and back in my room by 1030am. I ate normal lunch, dinner and breakfast the following day before being discharged And then ate like normal at home.... I didn't take any pain killers other than paracetamol though and from previous experience the stronger pain killers do make me loose my appetite. 

I think i might have a little more pain as i'll be having a lift but i'm first in as well on the monday but how was the hospital food, did you pack any other food for the stay ? 😊

I wasn't really hungry and mostly ate fruits or crackers for the first few days. I also did lose a bid of weight. I'm 16 days post op & my appetite is back to normal 

was that from the medications? Did it make you feel sick at all? I think i'll be packing in lots of snacks 😊

Omg I have not stopped eating since hospital 3 weeks ago! Like an animal 😂😂😂😂 I neeeeeed to get back to the gym asap!!!!!

you must have been having a really good recovery, so many different reviews 😂😂

Yeah my recovery was pretty speedy ive been very lucky! Just the no gym, stuck at home eating thing isnt great hahah!!!

haha yeah thats gonna suck but ill probably be doing some beach walking and whatnot when im alright to do that, no rush because I havent had time off in a long time so itll be good having a break but im sure i'll be itching to get back after the 8 weeks im off as i'll be taking 2 weeks extra or so off. 😊😳

The hospital food was fine...just a sandwich for lunch after my op, they only ordered me a light ward diet for dinner which was a sandwich again, pumpkin soup, jelly and ice cream... It all tasted fine and the sandwiches were actually decent not like those awful four corner ones with all the pickled things that hospitals usually have...  The nurse brings you an order form that night for breakfast the following morning and you can tick all the boxes you want; there was fruit, cereals, porridge, toast, hot breakfast - heaps to choose from.

The hospital food was fine...just a sandwich for lunch after my op, they only ordered me a light ward diet for dinner which was a sandwich again, pumpkin soup, jelly and ice cream... It all tasted fine and the sandwiches were actually decent not like those awful four corner ones with all the pickled things that hospitals usually have...  The nurse brings you an order form that night for breakfast the following morning and you can tick all the boxes you want; there was fruit, cereals, porridge, toast, hot breakfast - heaps to choose from.

Ah awesome although can't tell how hungry i'll be but I just didnt want to be stuck with bland food if i'm starving  😊

I am on post op day 2 and my appetite has also been all over the place! Day of surgery I didn't eat anything until dinner time which is when I smashed down a whole fried rice and a bowl of icecream with peaches and jelly to myself :unsure:

Yesterday was also pretty okay food wise except I wasn't really wanting breakfast so I had jatz with my morning meds.

Today I've almost had that hangover feeling where you think you are really hungry and feel like something particular but when you start eating you realise you don't really feel like what you are eating and start to feel sick. Think I'm going to have some fruit for dinner and see how I go.