Emxoxo

Feeling chubba

Okay so it's period week next week and every single time it's around that time of the month I swear I gain 3kg and want to eat everything in sight. The week the crazy p lady comes will be 1-2 weeks pre op and I know I'll be feeling really puffy and uncomfortable...  If where honest will I feel even worse post op? I'm worried if I'm already feeling puffy and water retention I'll only feel miserable after surgery! I sorta wanna prepare myself If that's the case. Does anyone have any tips to feel a little less bloated and uncomfortable within 2 weeks? Any food or diet supplements etc would be great as I'm feeling really down about it!  I'm really off meat at the moment  (I'm not a vegetarian I just don't like it lol) and I've been having bread with spreads and eating so bad lately because I don't know what to replace it with so just grabbing whatever I can! Does anyone have lunch ideas that don't involve meat or cooking lol? X 

fruit smoothies, i like 1 banana, half punnet strawberries, 1 cup milk (i use almond), and a scoop vanilla protien powder.

eggs and advocado on wholegrain, i know eggs require cooking but its super easy to fry a couple eggs. 

ryvitas with cheese and tomato (get pre-sliced cheese lol)

those microwave brown rice packets with a small tin of salmon, a quarter advo diced and lemon juice.

fruit and yougurt

these are the things i have in my cupboard for quick easy meals, the day before my surgery i made a bit pot of pumkin soup and ate that for a few days with toast

fruit smoothies, i like 1 banana, half punnet strawberries, 1 cup milk (i use almond), and a scoop vanilla protien powder.

eggs and advocado on wholegrain, i know eggs require cooking but its super easy to fry a couple eggs. 

ryvitas with cheese and tomato (get pre-sliced cheese lol)

those microwave brown rice packets with a small tin of salmon, a quarter advo diced and lemon juice.

fruit and yougurt

these are the things i have in my cupboard for quick easy meals, the day before my surgery i made a bit pot of pumkin soup and ate that for a few days with toast

thanks babe they actually are great ideas! I need a new protein powder! I want one that has no taste haha (I hate how they taste!) 

I buy protein powder from venom protein online and I really like it. Its cheap compared to other brands and they have so many flavours. I normally get unflavoured but I bought vanilla last time and its sickly sweet so I wouldn't recommend that flavour. Also adding a little bit of honey to your smoothies can help sweeten it up a little without being too sickly.

In all honesty you are going to gain weight after your BA. the worst will be the first 2 weeks because you are bloated. I found the only thing that helped was drinking lots of water and I ended up taking movicol. Also of course time helped.
Its important to be aware you will put some weight on. After the first few weeks you can cut down what you eat a little to try to control it but at this point I've just accepted that i'm putting on weight and I can lose it once i'm cleared for exercise. I was feeling really down about it because I used to have abs and really toned legs and its amazing how much muscle I've lost from not exercising for 5 weeks. I thought everyone was going to notice but last night when I went out all my friends saw was that I had new boobs haha.

Those are some really good recipes rattlie gave you. If you like having bread with spreads have you thought of making your own? Home made hummus and tatziki are super easy to make and are quite healthy so long as you are using herbs to flavour rather than sugar and salt. If you have with a wholegrain bread or rye its delicious :)

I agree with this. I'm extremely body conscious. I couldn't shower for a week which helped. I just accepted the bloating and chose to ignore it, didn't look I'm the mirror and focused on drinking heaps of water, taking coloxyl and just prayed it would pass. Now I'm 6 weeks post op, I let myself go a bit too much these past 6 weeks with my eating , I've gained probably 2 to 3kg but surprisingly I'm not too stressed. I'll be cleared for exercise this week and I'll be fine.... You just kinda have to let it go a bit... 

Your going to be bloated after your BA it just happens. I looked 6 months pregnant and I hated it. I drank a lot of water and had Metamucil, it went away after about 3 weeks.

Before surgery, I cooked some different soups and froze them in plastic cups, so they were in individual portions and easy to defrost. (don't defrost in the cup, hold under hot water to pop it out & heat in a bowl)

It was just what I felt like eating after surgery.

I am 3 days post surgery, and have put on 4kg since my weighing at the hospital just before going into theatre.  I got 440cc implants, so I am dearly hoping that the rest is just fluid and swelling related - I am feeling frumpy and quite gross actually.