arahia

Forehead lines / botox

18 posts in this topic

Hi everyone ! I am starting really faint horizontal lines on forehead and have considered botox but I'm afraid of droopy eyebrows!! Does any one have ideas how it can be avoided?? I been doing some research and it looks like it may be common with forehead injections and that scares me off!! Thanks in advance x

Yes I have been having it for a few years now,and have suffered the droopy eye when it is placed all over forehead ! When I've had it placed in the middle of forehead from in between brows and up I've been fine , also avoid having your brows done as I've found it relaxed it in wrong area ,if I do the start of eyebrow it raises it ,hope that helps 

arahia likes this

Hi everyone ! I am starting really faint horizontal lines on forehead and have considered botox but I'm afraid of droopy eyebrows!! Does any one have ideas how it can be avoided?? I been doing some research and it looks like it may be common with forehead injections and that scares me off!! Thanks in advance x

hi, I have been using Botox for 10 years and never experienced that, as a matter of fact I have been using Botox to lift eyebrows a little bit as well as for frown lines and horizontal lines on top of the forehead. You just have to choose  a good place to do it at. If you are in Sydney I can let you know of some places you can go 😉

arahia likes this

Super keen for a bit of botox. How much for what you get done @Vic and @Katewell?  And how often do you have it done? 

I get mine every 4-6 months in st kilda ,I in between brows and forehead going to be trying my jaw as I grind see if it gives relief ,cost is just under 400 

Hayles_1 likes this

hi, I have been using Botox for 10 years and never experienced that, as a matter of fact I have been using Botox to lift eyebrows a little bit as well as for frown lines and horizontal lines on top of the forehead. You just have to choose  a good place to do it at. If you are in Sydney I can let you know of some places you can go 😉

thanx vice have sent u a pm and fr :)

Meeks likes this

Super keen for a bit of botox. How much for what you get done @Vic and @Katewell?  And how often do you have it done? 

hi hayles! I get Botox every 4 months, I get frown lines, along the top of eyebrows for a lift horizontal lines and what's left in crows feet and I pay around 450 😀

Hayles_1 likes this

hello, i got my first muscle relaxant injection for my brow lines and the crease between my brows nearly 3 months ago and it's only starting to fade off now. i think it actually relaxed one brow which was often held a bit higher than the other one giving a slight asymmetrical look. and i love it because it got rid of the nasty crease in between my brows that i would get whenever i squinted from the sun. also i am easily amused and made a lot of inappropriate expressions at work which would get me into strife so it has seemed to have helped with that. im in brisbane and went to bclinic but ill be going to laser clinics australia for the next treatment as they seem to be a better client focused business and more consistent with their staff. 

Fi Fi and Hayles_1 like this

Hi Vic, could you please tell me where you would recommend in Sydney. I'm living in Liverpool, but am willing to travel. Thanks :)

This is why it is so important to go to a good injector. The anatomy of the forehead is quite complex. Some of the nerves encourage to muscles to lift whereas others to drop so injecting into the wrong nerve area can cause the opposite outcome from what you want. And some people have weird anatomy too! I've had a droopy eye (ptosis) twice and my lovely injector and I realised one of my muscles seems to have a certain laxity that isn't normal and can only be injected from one side but not the other. So now I get my forehead, crows feet but not between my eyebrows done. 

For me, it lasts 3 to 4 months depending on how much exercise I've been doing. My body metabolises it fast so I get quite a high dose. 

Arghhh I really try stay away from these threads because I can't handle all the bad information 😭😭

The forehead anatomy is very basic but the frontalis (forehead) muscle is one of the most advanced to treat. It is responsible for pulling your brows up and must always be treated conservatively first go. Ptosis of droopy lids can happen from poor injection (the toxin must be at least 1cm above the orbital rim), poor product choice (dysport spreads further then Botox and is not suitable for natural ptosis Or older people with weak frontalis muscles). Staying well away from the mid pupillary line will also help avoid this. 

There are a few things I can't stress enough:

1. You cannot have no lines and a brow lift if you have natural ptosis or heavy lids. People with heavy lids need their frontalis to keep their brows open 

2. Toxin into your frontalis will drop it, that's how it works, on a muscle that naturally lifts of course it's going to go the opposite with a relaxant 

3. I won't treat frontlalis without glabellar (frown). When you knock frontalis out (paper thin unstable muscle) it is going to relax down, flatten your brows and potentially make you look older. Treating forehead without frown also puts you at higher risk of ptosis as this muscle is unstable. Think of your frown as the cement needed to hold the roof up (forehead). 

4. Find someone who knows what they are doing and is happy to educate

😭😭😭😭

^^^ Exactly why it is important to get someone with good knowledge and experience. Too many girls graduating from nursing and doing a short course in injectables and them getting let loose without enough experience. 

Unfortunately not always the case, it's actually a hard industry to get into and most require min 2 years nursing first. The most rogue injector I know of has been doing it 10 years. Get a good recommendation whether they have been doing it for 1 year or 15. 

So I will have to get 11 s done as well?? I don't have any lunes there but if I need to do it for a good result I will I soooo don't want droopy eye lol