Emxoxo

sad today- when will they soften?

I just got home from the doctor and got more pain killers. I felt really embarrassed and vain when I had to disclose to the doctor I had breast augmentation. For some reason as soon as I got home I've just bursted into tears and feeling so upset and emotional. It's not because of my boobs as I like them this far apart from them feeling like rocks... But something just overcame me like a massive weight and has made me hysterical. I showered for the first time and woke up in immense pain for the first time today. Day 4 has by far been the worst day yet. Makes the last 3 seem so nice and easy. 

I just needed to vent. :( 

Hugs sweets (gentle ones) ,day 4 is rough one ,the pain meds are wearing off ( the ones they put in your iv) and the pain sets in ,it will get better may be a tough few days just let yourself cry and also know this is all totally normal , I felt great for first couple of days and then was like why do I feel like crap ! So I just sooked and slept as much as possible ,put on a good funny dvd and enjoy x

The first week is a roller coaster of emotions. Hang in there, it gets better. I'm 2 weeks post op and still can't do everything I want to and still a bit sore but I'm not as emotionally sensitive and a lot more active. 

Most girls on here will admit to having a bit of the blues but keep thinking positive and take it easy as your body is still recovering. Hugs 

It is a really emotional time... Up, down and around again! But knowing that makes it a bit easier because you can remind yourself this will pass. In terms of softening, mine were pretty much rock hard for about 5-6 weeks and at 10 weeks a bit more squishy but some people see changes much earlier. Just remember it takes months to see the final result and you just have to be patient, hard as it is... 

Your body is doing massive amounts of healing + your emotions are all over the place. As some other ladies have said here, we have been down that track too at the beginning. You won't feel like this forever. Your job is to just rest, sleep and be kind to yourself. In a couple of weeks time, you will not be feeling like this. Hugs to you. x

You poor thing I can totally sympathise. I had to drive to the stupid shops today with three nutty kids. I was exhausted with them and then my boobs were giving me pain and I am still feeling stressed about how differently they're looking. I totally understand that one can drop before the other and one can be more swollen etc but it doesn't change the fact that I look in the mirror get a bit of a shock ?

Also the scars for me are pretty confronting. I had an anchor lift. They're taped up but you can still see incision sites. This morning I stupidly removed one tape and opened the incision. It was bleeding and stung so much I wanted to cry like a baby but I applied Betadine dried with a blow dryer in cold setting and retaped it. Took some more Panadol and I tried to distract myself with my kids. Oh and I ate a bunch of chocolate. I'm missing the gym and I keep eating junk. Ughh 

It is more painful than anticipated really. 

I just got home from the doctor and got more pain killers. I felt really embarrassed and vain when I had to disclose to the doctor I had breast augmentation. For some reason as soon as I got home I've just bursted into tears and feeling so upset and emotional. It's not because of my boobs as I like them this far apart from them feeling like rocks... But something just overcame me like a massive weight and has made me hysterical. I showered for the first time and woke up in immense pain for the first time today. Day 4 has by far been the worst day yet. Makes the last 3 seem so nice and easy. 

I just needed to vent. :( 

hi  em! I'm 3 weeks post op now and feeling great. Like yourself, the first week was awful mentally and emotionally. Once you are past that one week you will def start feeling better. I was having second thoughts about the whole thing, I was constantly googling things to look for reassurance that they will start softening, and the tightness will go. It does feel like the never ending story but you will most definitely will be ok. Btw you look amazing xx

hi  em! I'm 3 weeks post op now and feeling great. Like yourself, the first week was awful mentally and emotionally. Once you are past that one week you will def start feeling better. I was having second thoughts about the whole thing, I was constantly googling things to look for reassurance that they will start softening, and the tightness will go. It does feel like the never ending story but you will most definitely will be ok. Btw you look amazing xx

how long did it take for yours to soften? Is two weeks what to expect? Mine feel like that first day milk comes in with a newborn. Big sore rocks. 

Mine r still firm. I get aches and shooting pain in various spots during the day. They r tender if I bend over for too long. They hurt mostly during the night and I'm the morning. I'm sick of sleeping on my back and I used to do a big back cracking stretch every morning and I'm too scared to go that too. I used to train 5 mornings a week and I haven't now for almost 3  wks. That is depressing me. I'm eating lots of junk And can't stop. So for ur sake and mine, I hope they heal really soon Em bc I'm a bit sad too x I'm now 15 days post op

how long did it take for yours to soften? Is two weeks what to expect? Mine feel like that first day milk comes in with a newborn. Big sore rocks. 

they are still very firm at 3 weeks po, but they feel more like a 'part of me' because tightness is gone. I too felt like my milk came, just tender and very tight. Big sore rocks was also my description of them the first 2 weeks ?

they are still very firm at 3 weeks po, but they feel more like a 'part of me' because tightness is gone. I too felt like my milk came, just tender and very tight. Big sore rocks was also my description of them the first 2 weeks ?

thanks for letting me know I guess patience is key... I am so impatient! 

I'm almost 3 months post op and they have definitely softened up! You just have to diligent in doing your massages everyday; I find that when I don't massage them in the morning or afternoon, they tend to be fairly hard. When I was a week post op, my breasts felt like rocks! They were so hard and whenever I went to hug any of mates, they were really surprised too. 

A few months on, and I feel like my boobs are part of me now but they are still fairly firm. 

I hope it gets better for you soon!

I'm almost 3 months post op and they have definitely softened up! You just have to diligent in doing your massages everyday; I find that when I don't massage them in the morning or afternoon, they tend to be fairly hard. When I was a week post op, my breasts felt like rocks! They were so hard and whenever I went to hug any of mates, they were really surprised too. 

A few months on, and I feel like my boobs are part of me now but they are still fairly firm. 

I hope it gets better for you soon!

I guess every ps post surgery instructions are different but with my type of implants I was told not to massage them at all.

I guess every ps post surgery instructions are different but with my type of implants I was told not to massage them at all.

): oh, I guess you better listen to your surgeon. I guess the only thing you can do is be patient.