Michelle13

Piercing

Does anyone know if you can keep in a nipple piercing after getting an augmentation? 

I currently have one nipple pierced and have a plastic bar through it. 

I have had no consults or anything so far so I was just seeing if anyone else has had theirs pierced and kept it?

Hi Michelle,

I don't have a nipple piercing but yesterday I was on a website where a women had inverted nipples, and also had piercings in both that also became inverted with the nipple. She had a breast augmentation and the surgeon corrected the inverted nipples at the same time during the surgery. In her after pictures she still had her nipple piercings in, so I am sure having a piercing would not affect the procedure at all, since they really aren't doing anything with the nipple itself during surgery. 

I wish I could remember what website I saw this so I could direct you there but I can't...sorry.

Go for some consults and I'm sure everything will be good news for you :) 

I think it depends on the surgeon's policies and the incision site. Will definitely need to go if you get periariola for instance :p

My friend had a crease incision and had to remove hers though, so be wary that it might occur. I'm really hoping that with plastic bars I'll be able to keep mine in.

Hey chick, you may not check this as it was a few weeks ago but if you do.. 

I had my consult on the 21st Oct and my surgery is on Wednesday.  I have both nipples pierced AND im having an areola incision. My surgeon said he won't even need to take them out but if he does he will put them in again. 

I guess all surgeons are different but I did make it a point to ask at consult as should you otherwise when you get to surgery you won't know what to expect. 

Best of luck x

I was allowed to keep mine in, but after my BA it got very angry and ended up infected.  I'd had it for a couple of years, but I think that after my BA the implant pushed/pulled the piercing and irritated it.  I also got CC in both breasts really early, and really think that might have been why?  But really, who knows, could have had nothing to do with it!