Martina067

Pain inside the bottom/side of boobs

to all the post op girls :)

im 6 days post op, had a very smooth recovery so far with minimal pain but as of last night and all day today it feels as though I'm getting pulling kinda uncomfortable pains in the bottom half of my breast, on the inside, and like up towards to side boob. It's not the scar that hurts, it's inside.

im wondering if it's just all the internal stitching that I'm starting to feel? 

Its so weird, like I can feel the implant at the bottom of my boob pushing and pulling and it sucks!

anyone else get this?

Omg I got a bit excited when I read this thinking maybe someone else is feeling the same as me! I am really sensitive to touch (and when I move) around the bottom of my boob inside, almost exactly where my incision is and around the side. Totally think its my stitching as well.

I asked my PS at my 2 week appt where he cut my muscle to place my implant, and he told me he cut exactly underneath my boob where the incision line is and towards the middle of my boob. I think I have completely sub- muscular implants, not dual plane, and the healing is taking forever- its still sensitive now 😕 I'm very close to ringing my surgeon to inquire about what is happening. I am 4 weeks po now.

Does this sound similar to you?

this is the most tender part for my 3 weeks post op. im pretty sure its just where the most tissue damage and bruising is around incisions/side boob. thats the part of your body thats most likely been interfered with the most 

That makes sense but it seems much more than just the incisions- if that's what you're referring to? 

Im a bit worried thinking my surgeon went completely/entirely under muscle.

Such a relief to hear u girls experience something similar!

i know a lot of simple have painful incisions but it's more inside the actual bottom of the boob that's the sore part for me, and it's a very odd kinda specific pain, the I can just constantly feel my breast tissue or muscle or whatever is in there being pulled irritated by stitches. Not just when I move my arms but like constantly 

hopefully they'll calm down in a few days :) 

Omg I got a bit excited when I read this thinking maybe someone else is feeling the same as me! I am really sensitive to touch (and when I move) around the bottom of my boob inside, almost exactly where my incision is and around the side. Totally think its my stitching as well.

I asked my PS at my 2 week appt where he cut my muscle to place my implant, and he told me he cut exactly underneath my boob where the incision line is and towards the middle of my boob. I think I have completely sub- muscular implants, not dual plane, and the healing is taking forever- its still sensitive now 😕 I'm very close to ringing my surgeon to inquire about what is happening. I am 4 weeks po now.

Does this sound similar to you?

it does sound similar :) the only thing is the bottom half of my boob is completely numb on the skin, so the pain I feel is inside

Such a relief to hear u girls experience something similar!

i know a lot of simple have painful incisions but it's more inside the actual bottom of the boob that's the sore part for me, and it's a very odd kinda specific pain, the I can just constantly feel my breast tissue or muscle or whatever is in there being pulled irritated by stitches. Not just when I move my arms but like constantly 

hopefully they'll calm down in a few days :) 

it does sound similar :) the only thing is the bottom half of my boob is completely numb on the skin, so the pain I feel is inside

yep, I'm numb too on the outside so the pain is totally inside too.

Such a relief I'm not the only one but it sicka you feel this uncomfortable too.

Do you know if you are dual plane or totally under muscle?

Keep me updated with what's happening please x

My implants were dual plane 2 placement with dr miroshnik :)

but i also had radial scoring (and I think my crease was also lowered) so that might add to it too..

im just surprised coz the first few days were so good, and I think now that the feeling is coming back slowly, it hurts inside my boobs 

mI'll definitely keep u updated hayles_1 and I hope u keep me updated too!!

That makes sense but it seems much more than just the incisions- if that's what you're referring to? 

Im a bit worried thinking my surgeon went completely/entirely under muscle.

well the lower half of my breast has less feeling than the rest, and my incisions under the crease right around to like my 'side boob' as in under my armpit and all along the side of my boob is really tender still. it also felt more swollen and harder around the incisions and sideboob than anywhere else, still does a bit. i read somewhere that its pretty hard to go completely under the muscle as most people dont have enough muscle to cover the implant and most under muscles are actually dual planes. were you getting dual plane or under muscle? 

i woudnt stress about it just yet, im sure everything is just sorting itself out :) 

well the lower half of my breast has less feeling than the rest, and my incisions under the crease right around to like my 'side boob' as in under my armpit and all along the side of my boob is really tender still. it also felt more swollen and harder around the incisions and sideboob than anywhere else, still does a bit. i read somewhere that its pretty hard to go completely under the muscle as most people dont have enough muscle to cover the implant and most under muscles are actually dual planes. were you getting dual plane or under muscle? 

i woudnt stress about it just yet, im sure everything is just sorting itself out.

I did ask if he was choosing dual plane and he said, 'no, cause dual plane is used to lift the nipple and you don't need that'.

At the time I wasn't too concerned and in hindsight I just blindly trusted him so I didn't question further. But doing research now, (too late I know), it says completely under the muscle stops the implant dropping. I'm thinking I'm just over thinking it. Thanks lovely x

im pretty sure you will find its al the nerves healing after surgery , i had this up to around 10 to 12 month mark but ask your surgeons to double check ...

mumO5

Thanks, i hope so 

Bump

Feeling this pain today on my dominant side. It felt like i over stretched during the night and am now paying for it. The twinges are definitely worse for me than the first few days after my op (I'm 2 weeks PO). Hopefully it goes away soon but glad to know others have been through it too.

Add me to the list as well. I get the twinge, ache etc when I sit up in the morning or move the wrong way in bed. It's always the right side. I put it down to bruising, muscle and nerve repair, stitches etc . Good to see that's it's seems at this stage to be all part of the process

I still have pain EVERY day when I wake up, and intermittently along my incisions, along my internal bra stitches, around my areola stitches or if I move/stretch the wrong way. I'm 10 weeks post op. I checked that I wasn't healing abnormally, but it's all part of the healing process according to my surgeon. And some of my internal stitches are in place and don't dissolve for around 10 months, so I'd imagine I could potentially have some type of pain the whole time.

So glad I found this all day my left breast in side boob is in pain Iike it's sliding and implant pushing itself outwards to my back ! If I touch it it hurts bad in inside ?! Don't know this was my good side I dislike  this pain it's intense and only relief is to hold the side of boob quite firmly and it's freaky as scared I will create a big pocket 

How long has it been since your op katewell??

im 5 weeks now and although my random pains went away after about 2 weeks, I stillhave random days where one is a bit sore :)

if u think about all the stitches and stuff that's going on inside the boob, it's not surprising :)

i found a lot of comfort wearing my compression bra and just lying down and taking it easy :) 

Add me to the list as well. I get the twinge, ache etc when I sit up in the morning or move the wrong way in bed. It's always the right side. I put it down to bruising, muscle and nerve repair, stitches etc . Good to see that's it's seems at this stage to be all part of the process

I have this exact same thing hate getting up in the morning because of the pain in my left side. I have to apply pressure to it and after I move around for a while it goes. I'm 9 days post op. 

13 days nearly 2 weeks ,,it's not my incions its literally my side boob it hurts,just out of the implant edge ,it feels like intense pushing of like the implant trying hard to escape and feeling bruised ! Like someone hit me really hard with a lot of force  that the pain 

How long has it been since your op katewell??

im 5 weeks now and although my random pains went away after about 2 weeks, I stillhave random days where one is a bit sore :)

if u think about all the stitches and stuff that's going on inside the boob, it's not surprising :)

i found a lot of comfort wearing my compression bra and just lying down and taking it easy :) 

im in a compression bra it's a xs I can't get smaller it's still a tad loose the bra I have nothing smaller and don't think they make smaller than I have i have 3 types of bras ,all of them not adding comfort at moment just my hand does ,tight firm pressure 

What cc did u get??

yeah that sounds just like my pains :) my incisions were never sore, it was like inside the side boob, kinda like dull but also sharp pains, but they will go away :)

maybe try taking some anti inflammatories as well as wearing your bras?