It's happening... how are you???  Can't wait to hear how things went yesterday and to know that you're ok and didn't get the gastro

The anaesthetist canceled my surgery when I got to the hospital. Because I have had hayfever and a bit of a funny throat he said I wasn t 100% and it wasn t a good idea to operate also because I may get gastro. Nothing yet everything is crossed I don t get it. 

So so now I have to be completely ship shape for three weeks time. New date pencilled for 5th Nov. 

Omg such a roller coaster I felt so relieved when he cancelled it but this morning I felt like crying. 

The anaesthetist canceled my surgery when I got to the hospital. Because I have had hayfever and a bit of a funny throat he said I wasn t 100% and it wasn t a good idea to operate also because I may get gastro. Nothing yet everything is crossed I don t get it. 

So so now I have to be completely ship shape for three weeks time. New date pencilled for 5th Nov. 

Omg such a roller coaster I felt so relieved when he cancelled it but this morning I felt like crying. 

Oh gosh I would have been so heartbroken!!! How are you doing? Are you ok about it being postponed?.... Glad to hear that you haven't gotten the gastro as yet though!!

Oh gosh I would have been so heartbroken!!! How are you doing? Are you ok about it being postponed?.... Glad to hear that you haven't gotten the gastro as yet though!!

it's put doubt in my mind now. I'm so worried about having the surgery mainly due to the antibiotics and the reactions I have to them. But I desperately want to have it done. 

it's put doubt in my mind now. I'm so worried about having the surgery mainly due to the antibiotics and the reactions I have to them. But I desperately want to have it done. 

Oh no, that's hard isn't it. What kind of reaction do you get? Hopefully nothing too terrible and maybe the benefits will outway the awfulness.  It would be really difficult to be in two minds about something like this x

Oh no, that's hard isn't it. What kind of reaction do you get? Hopefully nothing too terrible and maybe the benefits will outway the awfulness.  It would be really difficult to be in two minds about something like this x

Hives with everything these days :(

I'm so sad for you It's Happening. I know what it's like to get so psyched up about something and have it not happen!

So onto plan B.  5th November is only 3 weeks away.  When you look back on this hun, the 3 weeks won't matter. But what WILL matter is that when you have the surgery you are in the best possible health, you don't have any complications and you heal and get back to normal as fast  as possible. Absolutely no point in taking any risks and finding yourself sick as a dog on the other side.

I know it's hard and you're bitterly disappointed, I would be too!!!  But please try and hold on to the fact that this is the safest and best option in the long run.  At least when you go into surgery in 3 weeks you won't be s*** scared that you're going to wake up with gastro or some other bug, you'll be fit, healthy and strong.

Re your reaction to antibiotics, have you discussed this with your PS?  There are so many different drugs and combinations of drugs these days, perhaps they can pinpoint what reacts with you and give you something else??? I would definitely suggest looking  into that if you haven't already done so.  Personally, I can't take anything with codeine, it makes me really sick, so I told my PS  and he prescribed different painkillers without codeine.  (As an aside, I spent $120 on having all the scripts filled and in the end I haven't used any of them other than the antibiotics and celebrex (anti-inflammatory) as I didn't want to risk getting sick from the painkillers.) So  I just had a couple of panadol.

I understand that you're feeling so bummed out right now and are now questioning everything. Try and hold on to the reasons why you wanted to do this in the first place. They're still there, nothing's changed.  Yes, you've had a set-back, had the rug pulled out from under you by circumstances you can't control, but it's okay.... it will all be okay.

This journey is often not all smooth sailing, there are inevitably bumps in the road. I went in for a replacement of 16 year old implants at the end of May this year, the new ones were hideous, had them pulled out and relaced again a month later in June, also disastrous, now a 3rd time with a new surgeon 3 days ago.  My point is, I expected to be all healed and happy as a sand boy by the end of June and here I am in the 2nd half of October 3 days post op with drains in. We do what we have to do and we get there in the end.

Sorry for the novel sweetie, just trying to put some perspective on it for you and to let you know that it will all work out for you in the end.  BLT....Believe, Love, Trust.  Thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts xx

I'm so sad for you It's Happening. I know what it's like to get so psyched up about something and have it not happen!

So onto plan B.  5th November is only 3 weeks away.  When you look back on this hun, the 3 weeks won't matter. But what WILL matter is that when you have the surgery you are in the best possible health, you don't have any complications and you heal and get back to normal as fast  as possible. Absolutely no point in taking any risks and finding yourself sick as a dog on the other side.

I know it's hard and you're bitterly disappointed, I would be too!!!  But please try and hold on to the fact that this is the safest and best option in the long run.  At least when you go into surgery in 3 weeks you won't be s*** scared that you're going to wake up with gastro or some other bug, you'll be fit, healthy and strong.

Re your reaction to antibiotics, have you discussed this with your PS?  There are so many different drugs and combinations of drugs these days, perhaps they can pinpoint what reacts with you and give you something else??? I would definitely suggest looking  into that if you haven't already done so.  Personally, I can't take anything with codeine, it makes me really sick, so I told my PS  and he prescribed different painkillers without codeine.  (As an aside, I spent $120 on having all the scripts filled and in the end I haven't used any of them other than the antibiotics and celebrex (anti-inflammatory) as I didn't want to risk getting sick from the painkillers.) So  I just had a couple of panadol.

I understand that you're feeling so bummed out right now and are now questioning everything. Try and hold on to the reasons why you wanted to do this in the first place. They're still there, nothing's changed.  Yes, you've had a set-back, had the rug pulled out from under you by circumstances you can't control, but it's okay.... it will all be okay.

This journey is often not all smooth sailing, there are inevitably bumps in the road. I went in for a replacement of 16 year old implants at the end of May this year, the new ones were hideous, had them pulled out and relaced again a month later in June, also disastrous, now a 3rd time with a new surgeon 3 days ago.  My point is, I expected to be all healed and happy as a sand boy by the end of June and here I am in the 2nd half of October 3 days post op with drains in. We do what we have to do and we get there in the end.

Sorry for the novel sweetie, just trying to put some perspective on it for you and to let you know that it will all work out for you in the end.  BLT....Believe, Love, Trust.  Thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts xx

Thanks Cathy I really appreciate you taking the time to write this means a lot. I just have to keep positive. 

How are you feeling I hope it all works out for you this time xx

Yep, that's so true, just keep positive!

I'm doing okay thanks... went back to PS this morning hoping to get drains out after 5 days but no, I'm still losing blood so they're in until it stops.  Also they've now put me in a cupless bra as well as my surgery bra to try and separate them a bit.  **Sigh***

Looks like I need to take my own advice and stay positive!  ;)