boobalicious_melb

Surgery in 5 days!!

Today i booked in my surgery day and it was supposed to be November 18th but 3hrs ago they called and said they have a cancelation on the 21st of October 😉😊 

So because its such short notice. .. which doesn't bother me at all , what do i need or have to prepare? Should i get scar creams now or after the ba? Clothes to pack for hospital? I dont know what else do i need? I cant think , im too excited!!

Omg soo much to process not much time urghhh

I've been recommended to wear/ bring comfy clothes to the hospital. Zip up hoodies or a loose button up shirt might be easy after the op. I've been moisturising with invite e cream to reduce the chance of stretch marks. I don't think you can use scar creams for a few weeks after (someone else might know more) but there is a list of tips that I copied off a previous thread (thank you to whoever put this together btw :) )

Pre-BA

*Join a forum & make BA buddies near your surgery date.

*Pick a surgeon that you would be confident enough to phone and ask random questions.

*Shopping supplies for 3weeks if possible as dog food and groceries are heavy

*Comfortable Clothes and with button fronts a must as its awkward for minimum one week.

*Pre-Cooked meals and stored supplies for 3 weeks or youfoodz etc

*A Massage service days prior for the coming back ache from sleeping upright.

*Your favorite natural Moisturiser (Vit E) to rub into pre- boobies - prevent Stretchmarks.

*Underarm Waxing / suggest legs too- awkward to do for 2 weeks

*Cardigan - as waiting is chilly in those day surgeries, specially when nervousness kicks in/and after in recovery room

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Post-BA

*Your Surgeons Mobile Number in your Phone and your carers.

*Reclining Arm chair - helps aid upright sleeping and resting.

* Buy one of these - http://www.target.com.au/p/posture-support-pillow/48573030

*Wheat Bag / stick on heat pack - for your back as sitting & sleeping upright and the extra weight may cause a backache.

*Frozen peas Or soft ice packs - for the boob swelling 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off

*2 Diffrent styled post op bras - so they don't sit at the same position if irritating.

*Lots of DVDS Movies/ book but vision may be affected for 2 days.

*Room Service - if away from home

*Button up blouse's - they will be required minimum a week after surgery

*Moist towelettes - for self washing / freshening up

*A small pillow - for the seat belt sash going over your new delicate boobs for the car journey home.

*Dry shampoo or a mobile hairdresser service/appointment - washing for the first 3 days awkward

*Boomerang pillow, neck pillow or lots or pillows. Suggesting minimum 6 standards- for sitting & sleeping

*Panadol Forte ( pharmacy) grab it early and have it at home incase the pain relief that your surgeon provides makes you nausea

*Jatz or dry crackers in cupboard for nibbles with your 2 hrly or 4 hrly medications

*Get hair plaited/braided or a headband for putting your hair up as a self-ponytail is difficult due to arms up after surgery.

*Plastic outdoor chair for in the shower, so you can sit and hose down the lower extremities day 1 day 2.

(if you do or don't have a bath tub, it might be easier for a self wash as a partner will be required to help you in & out the bath. Chair is ideal for your partner to wash your hair & dry it too )

*Throat lozenges with numbing- anethatist breathing tubes going in and/or removal gives you a dry sore throat for 24 hrs postoperative

oh and good luck for your op :) so exciting!!

Im having mine done on 21st as well, if my gastro clears up! Very anxious & keep thinking wtf am i doing???!!! We might be boobie sisters lol 😆. I will send u a friend request x

how exciting whos your ps, boobie twins ;) omg im so excited x fr request excepted :) 

Thanx October 2015, i needed that list ;) now I have to get organized asap :( 

Def meals to freeze and whatever housework you can't imagine leaving for a couple of weeks. Grab some arnika cream/pilules, and it's probably worth checking the list of things to avoid 2 weeks before surgery (basically anything that thins your blood: nurophen, aspirin, vitamin a, fish oil, red wine.... And a few others)

Oh and shave and wash your hair the morning of your surgery as you won't get to do it again for a few days. 

Someone posted about some zip-up t-shirts at Coles - they looked pretty good and were cheap if you need something for the first couple of days. 

Super exciting for you!!!

Def meals to freeze and whatever housework you can't imagine leaving for a couple of weeks. Grab some arnika cream/pilules, and it's probably worth checking the list of things to avoid 2 weeks before surgery (basically anything that thins your blood: nurophen, aspirin, vitamin a, fish oil, red wine.... And a few others)

Oh and shave and wash your hair the morning of your surgery as you won't get to do it again for a few days. 

Someone posted about some zip-up t-shirts at Coles - they looked pretty good and were cheap if you need something for the first couple of days. 

Super exciting for you!!!

thanx heaps for the suggestions :) funny thing is after i paid my booking deposit for November i thought i better by some of those zip tops from coles... which i did on the way home and some button up pjs ;) s clothes wise im all set ;) 

Boobalicious I'm in on Tuesday!  that worked out nice for you. Did you decide on your size yet?

Today i booked in my surgery day and it was supposed to be November 18th but 3hrs ago they called and said they have a cancelation on the 21st of October 😉😊 

So because its such short notice. .. which doesn't bother me at all , what do i need or have to prepare? Should i get scar creams now or after the ba? Clothes to pack for hospital? I dont know what else do i need? I cant think , im too excited!!

Omg soo much to process not much time urghhh

So awesome. Congrats babe I'm excited for you 😄

thanx jinx, i cant believe after such along time its happening soo quickly

Boobalicious I'm in on Tuesday!  that worked out nice for you. Did you decide on your size yet?

oohlala i have decided on 465cc but i have my last consult on tuesday because if i go up a size i have to go to a different implant brand and its alot firmer so i have to wait till then :(