soph

Time off work for BA

Hey Girls, I was wondering how much time you all took off work for under the muscle BA.

I'm a beauty therapist and I took 2 weeks off because everything is all upper body movement and for the 1st couple of days back they got pretty sore.

My boss and a lot of clients at work think its strange that I took so much time off and saying that its unusual and that its not the experience their friends had but I find the entire time off necessary.

My boss is giving me ***** so now I feel like a sook. Was it weird that it took me that long to be back at work?

For my first BA I took 2 weeks off, 

second BA I'm taking a month off.

I only have a desk job, so not physical at all.

but I wouldn't be taking less than 2 weeks. 

Is the recovery period longer for replacement? just for future reference :p

Is the recovery period longer for replacement? just for future reference :p

No I don't think so, I'm probably just being lazy lol.

I had 920ccs though so my surgeon recommend taking as long as I can off just for it being a decent size implant. :) 

I don't see any issue with having 2 weeks off though, from most girls I know who have a BA that's the standard time they take :) 

I'm a stay at home mum so I can't tell you from my experience, however my friend is a beauty therapist she went back after a month and ended up doing damage as its repetative movements doing waxing etc she had to have another lot of surgery as she did some damage and had to have 6 weeks off work the second time

No I don't think so, I'm probably just being lazy lol.

I had 920ccs though so my surgeon recommend taking as long as I can off just for it being a decent size implant. :) 

I don't see any issue with having 2 weeks off though, from most girls I know who have a BA that's the standard time they take :) 

I'd need a year to recover if I had that size haha!

Thanks that's reassuring :)

I'm a stay at home mum so I can't tell you from my experience, however my friend is a beauty therapist she went back after a month and ended up doing damage as its repetative movements doing waxing etc she had to have another lot of surgery as she did some damage and had to have 6 weeks off work the second tim

Your poor friend! That's exactly right,its repetitive movement! and make no mistake even though you mite be using your arms you use your pec muscles 100% ..ahhh makes me so mad that my boss doesn't get that

Your poor friend! That's exactly right,its repetitive movement! and make no mistake even though you mite be using your arms you use your pec muscles 100% ..ahhh makes me so mad that my boss doesn't get that

yeh she ended up getting a certificate from the doctor that she could go to work but it would be light desk duties (which there are none at a beauty therapist) her boss was the same and not very understanding at all... Then her boss  was wen more made when she had to have another 6 weeks off after her revision surgery... Maybe ask the doctor to write a medical certificate for you... I doubt they will clear you to go bak to work after a week or two 

I have unders and I got a certificate for 4 weeks, then took another 2 weeks as annual leave, plus have another 2 weeks on light duties. My recovery has been very slow though.

I was talking to a hairdresser recently who had unders 2 years ago and she said she had 3 weeks off and struggled back at work the first week. I assume beauty therapy would be similar?

My boss and a lot of clients at work think its strange that I took so much time off and saying that its unusual and that its not the experience their friends had but I find the entire time off necessary.

My boss is giving me ***** so now I feel like a sook. Was it weird that it took me that long to be back at work?

Um, have they had a BA?! If they had they'd completely understand - it's major surgery?! :/

i took 3 weeks off i work in a factory doing manual handling all day, some repetitive movements depending on what job i am doing. I was really sore for the first week my back and neck were so painful i wished i had taken at least a month

even now at 8 weeks i go home sore some days,  i took some panadol last nite after a hard day of work, i think people dont realize it is major surgery i was certainly not prepared for how long and hard recovery was/is

I have unders and I got a certificate for 4 weeks, then took another 2 weeks as annual leave, plus have another 2 weeks on light duties. My recovery has been very slow though.

I was talking to a hairdresser recently who had unders 2 years ago and she said she had 3 weeks off and struggled back at work the first week. I assume beauty therapy would be similar?

Um, have they had a BA?! If they had they'd completely understand - it's major surgery?! :/

Exactly!!

yeh she ended up getting a certificate from the doctor that she could go to work but it would be light desk duties (which there are none at a beauty therapist) her boss was the same and not very understanding at all... Then her boss  was wen more made when she had to have another 6 weeks off after her revision surgery... Maybe ask the doctor to write a medical certificate for you... I doubt they will clear you to go bak to work after a week or two 

I got the same cert but I've gone straight back into waxing and everything (the receptionist at TCI told me I could only get a cert for  2 weeks )and I'm actually a little bit worried now that you have told me about your friend coz my boobs feel tight and sore at the end of the day, hope its not CC :/

Bosses in Beauty therapy are always assholes I'm sure you friend can concur lol

I have a desk job and have 2 weeks. 1st week back was uncomfortable but tolerable. Couldn't of gone back any sooner, so glad I ended booking in two weeks instead of the 1 I was going to. Everyone's different and you're definitely not a sook!