MissAnn

Period and the Pill

Can someone help me!? I had last taken the pill 2 days before I had my surgery. I haven't bothered taking it because being in meds and antibiotics it will be ineffective anyways. I'm actually due in a few days or so but no signs of getting it yet even though I have skipped it being on the meds. I'm so bloated right now and it's scaring me lol. When will my period come? After I stop taking the meds or should it come now? I doubt that I'm pregnant but I'm starting to worry!! 

It could be that your body is just out of whack from the surgery in addition to not taking the pills as you normally would. Your period symptoms might be masked by all the meds you're taking. I'd wait until you're actually late before panicking! 

It could be that your body is just out of whack from the surgery in addition to not taking the pills as you normally would. Your period symptoms might be masked by all the meds you're taking. I'd wait until you're actually late before panicking! 

yes true, i just know how my body is before I get my period. I'll see in a few days 

You need to continue taking the pill being on antibiotics doesn't render it ineffective but there are warnings about being careful using the 2 

mm oh great I've stopped it for a few days I guess I'll just start taking it till I get to the sugar pills and see.. I see the Dr next week to change the steri-strips I might mention it then 

Crappy timing for your period though... Hope it's late enough so that you're feeling much better before it comes (as long as it doesn't make you panic about being pregnant of course 😳)

bad timing! 😞

It doesn't stop working with antibiotics. Sometimes the efficacy can be affected by certain drugs (ie abs) but you should still take it and use a back up method just in case, not because it stops working. My guess in your situation it's the GA affecting your body and cycle (normal) but I'd be getting your man to double glove now you've stopped taking a few days 

It doesn't stop working with antibiotics. Sometimes the efficacy can be affected by certain drugs (ie abs) but you should still take it and use a back up method just in case, not because it stops working. My guess in your situation it's the GA affecting your body and cycle (normal) but I'd be getting your man to double glove now you've stopped taking a few days 

thanks donatella

The anaesthetic, pain killers and antibiotics should not be directly responsible for preventing your period from coming if you have stopped taking the contraceptive pill. It may just be a few days late by chance, if your concerned I would take a pregnancy test to rule that out. 

This may be a stupid question but i just got my period 1 day before my BA. I dont wear tampons..i was wondering if we are allowed to keep our underwear on during the surgery? Its logical that we are because the surgery is on the top part of our bodiea but google has thrown me off with different answers.

This may be a stupid question but i just got my period 1 day before my BA. I dont wear tampons..i was wondering if we are allowed to keep our underwear on during the surgery? Its logical that we are because the surgery is on the top part of our bodiea but google has thrown me off with different answers.

I was allowed to keep mine on and they didn't even ask if I was having my period. Might be worth a phone call just to suss out the situation. They might just tell you not to use tampons which you don't anyway. I imagine that it could be a little tricky using them immediately after a BA anyway, so a pad would def be the go. 

hey Alaska 

I'm one week post op today. I didn't have my period  during surgery but they did go through a check list before I went in asking if I was wearing a pad or tampon. 

My pre surgery information says: "if you have your period, please where a sanitary pad. No tampons."

I was expecting disposable underwear and was surprised when they told me to leave my own underwear on. 

Hope that helps :-)

hey Alaska 

I'm one week post op today. I didn't have my period  during surgery but they did go through a check list before I went in asking if I was wearing a pad or tampon. 

My pre surgery information says: "if you have your period, please where a sanitary pad. No tampons."

I was expecting disposable underwear and was surprised when they told me to leave my own underwear on. 

Hope that helps :-)

Thank u. Helps a lot..glad i can keep my own undies on haha