Blossom

How long did you wear your post op bra for - and are there any prettier ones or more discreet ones then others??

I've recently found out that my surgeons recommendations for wearing a post op bra is for 3 months!!! I was planning on it being 6 weeks as that's what I've read to be the usual thing, some even less than this... and I was prepared for 6 weeks, but 12 sounds soooo long, particularly as it'll be over the entire summer, so there goes any chance of swimming too I suppose...

I'm a bit annoyed, but guess I have to follow the rules... So - is there a post op bra out there that will be a little more discreet that I can wear normal summer tops with, or am I destined for turtlenecks only this summer?? :( 

I had BL (anchor) and BA and my surgeon said I can wear any soft cup (no underwire) bra as long as it is providing some support and fits properly. 

So ive been wearing these:

https://www.ahhbra.com/i2/index.aspx?&direct=true

he said that was fine. I asked can I wear a prettier bra he said sure just please no underwire. So I've ordered some nicer wire free bra from Bendon. 

Perhaps it is worth checking if you can wear something like this too:

http://www.bendonlingerie.com.au/stella-mccartney-lingerie-florence-fluttering-soft-black-heart-print-s21-224

I couldn't wear underwire for 3 months but only had to wear the post op bra they gave me for the first 2 weeks. After that I was told I could wear any bra as long as it was supportive and didn't have underwire. 

Maybe you could call your surgeons rooms and see what they recommend. 

I'm yet to have my surgery but will definitely be asking if it's negotiable and if I can wear something like suggested above after the initial 6 weeks, just so I can wear singlets and dresses without having big thick giveaway straps showing! 

Yeah, I am a rule follower with this type of thing - I'd hate to possibly ruin them by not doing as I'm told!! However if he will allow me to bend the rules just a little then that's good too ;) I'd only do it if I got the OK though. 

Edited by april6420