Sign in to follow this  
Boobsafterbubs

Implant rotating? Help!:(

Judging from the pic above i honestly cant tell that the right breast's shape is off like you are stating. The pictured left breast may have slightly dropped before the pictured right one. You actually look really good 1 week post op. Congrats! Relax and dont stress!

I'm two weeks post op and can't shake the feeling my left ( right pictured) is rotating. I did have s slight asymmetry pre op but the shape looks off to me. I got polyurethane covered tear drops. Any thoughts would be appreciated 😓

image.jpg

I also displaced with polyurethane implants - has the incision scar moved away from the crease??  This is how you will know if they are slowly rotating/moving....my left incision scar initially sat right on my crease after surgery  then started slowly moving up my breast over the coming weeks...

My implant moving was way more obvious though - even in the very early days.

Yours still look very good and remember you are still in the very very early stages of healing.

Try not to stress yet - my PS said it was uncommon with these type of implants :) xxx

They look great Only a very very slight difference, but as you said there was a slight difference before.  My changed so much, are your unders coz I know my right side the muscle was so tight it took a while for it to relax over the implant.

If it is stressing you out then call or email your surgeon just to put your mind at ease. Don't be shy to.  I contacted mine so much after surgery. xx

I also displaced with polyurethane implants - has the incision scar moved away from the crease??  This is how you will know if they are slowly rotating/moving....my left incision scar initially sat right on my crease after surgery  then started slowly moving up my breast over the coming weeks...

My implant moving was way more obvious though - even in the very early days.

Yours still look very good and remember you are still in the very very early stages of healing.

Try not to stress yet - my PS said it was uncommon with these type of implants :) xxx

thanks ellymelly! No it hasn't moved not that I can tell . I emailed my surgeon the picture and hopefully he says it's nothing! It was sore yesterday from holding my bub a bit more then I should have! And then when I lay down it felt really tight only on that side. I'll keep an eye on the crease! Thank you! Do you have any pics of your implant that was rotating? ☺️

thanks ellymelly! No it hasn't moved not that I can tell . I emailed my surgeon the picture and hopefully he says it's nothing! It was sore yesterday from holding my bub a bit more then I should have! And then when I lay down it felt really tight only on that side. I'll keep an eye on the crease! Thank you! Do you have any pics of your implant that was rotating? ☺️

no problem :) see attached my poly coated implant displaced and I got DB, I have since changed implants.

This pic is maybe 4 weeks after surgery, it got much worse in proceeding weeks :( 

image.jpg

With your side profile pics, the top one, if it was me, I would check with my PS this coming week! Mine looked a bit lumpy in the first couple of weeks so probably nothing but for peace of mind, if it was me, I'd check with my doctor :) xxx

My surgeon emailed me back and said he think it looks fine but to email him more pictures in 3 days:/ 

Sounds like he is not concerned, but is being thorough to make sure your mind is at ease which is good. Try your best to feel like things are ok in the meantime or you will drive yourself nuts xx

I know exactly how you feel.  I have teardrops and I know that I'm doing more than I should.  I worried too about how one of mine was sitting and I sent a pic to my nurse consultant.  She sent me my pre-op pics and reminded me that the implants can't change the basic asymmetry - I had shocking asymmetry before my op.  My breasts are hugely improved and I love them - but when I compare my before photo to now I can see that some features of the asymmetry are still there.  My right sits a little higher like it always did, and my left is rounder at the bottom like it always was.  Maybe go back to a before photo and see if the difference has always been there.  

Good luck, I'm sure it will all be fine!

I know exactly how you feel.  I have teardrops and I know that I'm doing more than I should.  I worried too about how one of mine was sitting and I sent a pic to my nurse consultant.  She sent me my pre-op pics and reminded me that the implants can't change the basic asymmetry - I had shocking asymmetry before my op.  My breasts are hugely improved and I love them - but when I compare my before photo to now I can see that some features of the asymmetry are still there.  My right sits a little higher like it always did, and my left is rounder at the bottom like it always was.  Maybe go back to a before photo and see if the difference has always been there.  

Good luck, I'm sure it will all be fine!

thank you so much for your reply I feel much more at ease now:) 

I only just realised that you are only two weeks post op.  I know EVERYONE says they change so much in the first weeks and I promise you it is SO true.  I'm 4 weeks now and they still almost look different every single day.

I only just realised that you are only two weeks post op.  I know EVERYONE says they change so much in the first weeks and I promise you it is SO true.  I'm 4 weeks now and they still almost look different every single day.

thank you:) really appreciate the input and I feel a lot better now. I didnt think I'd be such a stress head when I got them 😓

Edited by Boobsafterbubs

I think you'll be fine too.   Brazillians do change less than non-sticky implants, especially when you have little pre-existing breast tissue, but I honestly don't think it's something to worry about....I think you just have residual swelling still and it's is distorting the true shape of your implant xxx