Alaska

Flying Post Op

How long after your surgery do you have to fly Alaska? I reckon I probably could have dealt with it on day 3....maybe day 2 at a real push, but def not day 1 - I was feeling so terrible after my op (vomiting, loads of pain). You might have an easy recovery, but you never know. do you have someone to help with your bags? I still can't lift much and I'm day 5 post op. 

How long after your surgery do you have to fly Alaska? I reckon I probably could have dealt with it on day 3....maybe day 2 at a real push, but def not day 1 - I was feeling so terrible after my op (vomiting, loads of pain). You might have an easy recovery, but you never know. do you have someone to help with your bags? I still can't lift much and I'm day 5 post op. 

I am hoping to fly on day 3...close to the end of day 3.  My BA is on Friday and I want to be home in my own bed by Monday night.  My mum will be flying with me so i wont have to do any lifting

I had 2 super easy recoveries, I probably could have flown day 2 or 3. 

I stayed longer for the sake of wanting to be comfortable.  

But most will stay to not fly for at least 48 hours. 

Thanks for replying...i hope im lucky like you and have an easier recovery

I flew day 3 post op. The flight was awful and delayed, so much turbulence too - I had waves of nausea, but I kept a packet of Oddfellows with me to suck on and it cured the nauseous feeling. 
Before boarding I had my partner put my compression socks on, make sure you wear these and extremely comfortable clothing. I wore tight jeans and due to post op bloating, I was so uncomfortable and had to unbutton and unzip as soon as I sat down!

I hope this helps :) good luck!

I just changed our flights to 1.15pm. Hopefully this will save me some grief. 

I flew day 3 post op. The flight was awful and delayed, so much turbulence too - I had waves of nausea, but I kept a packet of Oddfellows with me to suck on and it cured the nauseous feeling. 
Before boarding I had my partner put my compression socks on, make sure you wear these and extremely comfortable clothing. I wore tight jeans and due to post op bloating, I was so uncomfortable and had to unbutton and unzip as soon as I sat down!

I hope this helps :) good luck!

Thanks for the tips..will def wear comfy clothing and bring something for nausea. Iv never heard of compression socks...why do we need to wear those? 

Thanks for the tips..will def wear comfy clothing and bring something for nausea. Iv never heard of compression socks...why do we need to wear those? 

I went with TCI and Dr Lee and Concord Private Hospital provide you with compression socks. If you don't get gifted them, buy some prior to getting on a plane, it's to prevent your blood from clotting :) 

Hey @SydGal..thank you!!!! I wish i was excited. Actually the opposite...im so scared lol plus i got my period today and im  freaking out about how everything will go. Being hormonal isnt helping :( 

oh no! You poor thing. Worst timing. Short term pain sexy gain. 

Hope you have lots of help at home...partner might need to turn into Mr. Tampon!

Try to get a good nights sleep tonight easier said than done im sure)

Look forward to hearing how your recovery and results go! All the best