Sign in to follow this  
Sjay

Breast width vs breast base width?? Confused!!

looking at my stats my PS gave me and trying to work out which measurement dictates my implant size- do I use the measurements next to 'breast width' or 'breast base width'? They are both different! See pic below 

image.jpg

looking at my stats my PS gave me and trying to work out which measurement dictates my implant size- do I use the measurements next to 'breast width' or 'breast base width'? They are both different! See pic below 

image.jpg

you want to try to match the base width to the width , you have 2 different widths on each breast I had 0.5cm difference aswell , if it's too much of a difference you could use 2 different implants , hope that makes sense if you go look at there other implants in same style you can see there is smaller base widths , it's really up to you and your surgeon to factor these options 

you want to try to match the base width to the width , you have 2 different widths on each breast I had 0.5cm difference aswell , if it's too much of a difference you could use 2 different implants , hope that makes sense if you go look at there other implants in same style you can see there is smaller base widths , it's really up to you and your surgeon to factor these options 

I'm keen to get my head around this too. So do you mean that they have to select something towards the middle of both the 'breast width' and 'breast base width'?

Yep your bwd shows you what implant you can go ! So if you a 12 cm bwd you want to be 1cm difference you could go a 11 up to a 12 cm this is what is recommended , if you go even smaller that will be the gap Between breasts , I went 2 cm smaller as I didn't want big boobs ever again so I chose 12 cm width and I have a 14 bwd 

Ah, so there should be a little room for movement in terms of what Sjay could pick. Her surgeon has only given her options with an 11.5cm width and it doesn't sound like she's keen to go to a higher profile implant, but probably wants more cc than 245cc (mod profile). I recommended that she ask her surgeon if she could go wider - I wasn't too sure. Do you reckon she could go to a 12cm wide implant based on her stats above?

BTW, I was hoping you'd see this post Katewell - you know your stuff 😉

Ah, so there should be a little room for movement in terms of what Sjay could pick. Her surgeon has only given her options with an 11.5cm width and it doesn't sound like she's keen to go to a higher profile implant, but probably wants more cc than 245cc (mod profile). I recommended that she ask her surgeon if she could go wider - I wasn't too sure. Do you reckon she could go to a 12cm wide implant based on her stats above?

BTW, I was hoping you'd see this post Katewell - you know your stuff 😉

she probably could but still it's up to the surgeon I think they don't like to go to wide as u can run into uniboob and that's not pretty at all ! 

Il post pics when I'm not so tight and hunchylol 

she probably could but still it's up to the surgeon I think they don't like to go to wide as u can run into uniboob and that's not pretty at all ! 

Il post pics when I'm not so tight and hunchylol 

Hope your recovery is going well Katewell! Can't wait to see pics. Rest up and take care x

I'm in bed resting :) 

look up uniboob :systima it's not pretty at all ! I was going to say she could go higher then she could have more cc as the base width gets narrower ! But u mentioned that lol

http://www.simplybreastimplants.com/breast_implant_sizes/natrelle_style_410MF.html

i found the implants see I would ask him if you could use the 11.5 and use the 10cm bwd for symmetry ! I don't know how the anatomicals work out but this is another option  is mx , it's good to look into it so when u ho back your surgeon can discuss with you all of it and tell you why he made the desion he did :) it's just good to look at all the options in general for your piece of mind 

http://www.simplybreastimplants.com/breast_implant_sizes/natrelle_style_410MX.html

Or http://www.simplybreastimplants.com/breast_implant_sizes/natrelle_style_410FM.html