stephyjay

P/O blues...depression...normal?

Well, I can honestly say that the recovery is not what I had invisigned. While it has been relatively pain free & no dramas apart from the initial bleeding issue, there is another issue that I was not at all prepared for....

I wish my expectations weren't so high, I had thought 2 weeks on that I'd be jumping into my skinny legs with a new found confidence with a gorgeous flat belly & beautiful belly button..yeah there would be some swelling, but I wouldn't notice because I would be mostly flat...

SO NOT THE CASE...

I am so incredibly swollen that it looks like nothing has been done, well I feel like that anyway, I hate my belly button, I actually feel worse, I than I did to begin with... I feel guilty for spending that amount of money, feel guilty for being away from my husband & kids for 4 nights.

I obviously knew that healing was going to be a process, I just wasn't emotionally prepared for what that would mean. Is this kind of buyers remorse normal? 

Today I have been on the brink of tears & was hoping that I wasn't alone in feeling this way. I have an appointment with my plasric surgeon tomorrow, I will run it past him & see what he says, I'm dreading it actually because I don't want him to think I'm knocking his specialty, he's so lovely...another thing to feel guilty about.

Thanks 

I had a BA and rhinoplasty, not a TT but I can relate. I visited my sister in NZ about 2 weeks post op and felt depressed, regretful and just plain horrible. I just got back from visiting her again and being at her house, all those feelings came flooding back. It is SUCH an emotional process for a lot of us, complicated with anaesthetic, pain, frustration... Don't be too hard on yourself, I promise it gets better! 

these feelings are pretty normal, some people get bad PO depression i did i had it pretty bad. 

I had a BA 10 weeks ago and about 2 weeks in i was totally regretting it, wanted my implants out, was having anxiety, crying all the time and just felt awful for having an unnecessary surgery and wasting money

good news is it goes away once you adjust it just takes time, just hang in there xx

You poor love! I hope that you start to feel better after seeing your plastic surgeon. I'm sure that once the swelling goes down completely you'll start to feel a bit more normal and the lovely results of your TT will shine through.

I also battled with depression following my BA. I had a tuberous breast correction with areola reduction, and I was in so much pain for 2 weeks afterwards I was getting very depressed. I thought, 'when will this pain stop?' Then when the pain finally subsided I still couldn't do normal things like wash my hair, have a shower by myself, sleep properly (I didn't sleep properly for 8 weeks) and was extremely reliant on hubby for around 3-4 weeks. I shed many tears and also thought, 'what have I done?' and 'why did I spend all that money?' 

One day you just turn a corner and start to feel more like yourself. It can be an awful journey to get to that point but you WILL get there. Just give yourself time to heal and know that this process is completely normal. x

PO depression is completely normal and most girls get it at some point. I hope you feel better after talking to your surgeon and remember that you will be swollen and contain lots of fluid. Most girls on here say it takes 2-4 weeks for the swelling to go down properly.

i only had a BA 6 weeks ago and I was swollen and bloated everywhere till about last week. 

Hugs and don't be scared to tell your sure on how you feel. If he does not know then he can't fix it. 

Thanks ladies. Xx

I even felt a little better just writing it.

I have to come back tomorrow & get drained. As they said the swelling is substantially more than last week. Whether that means that there is a seroma or not I'm not quite sure. They said one one of the contributors to know is how I feel & I feel crappy, so looking like it....

I just read that you went with Ian Holten, is that right? Were you happy with him? I never saw him because I was really pleased with Dr Rahdon. Which hospital were you in? I'm crossing my fingers for you stephyjay!!!

Mine is coming up in 37 days!

Yeah I did, yes he is lovely as are his nurses.

Stayed at St John of God, in Geelong, they were also really good. I'm glad I have gone through this with such lovely, supportive & helpful people around me.

Not long to go for you now ms_tummytuck 

Xx ☺

Yep! Totally normal! I still get swollen at the end of the day and look bigger than pre-op and I think .. why did I do this!!!! 

But the first 6 weeks of recovery are up and down. The medication/pain relief will also affect depression and anxiety. Sounds bizarre, but I would recommend taking some probiotics to heal your gut and start from the inside. 

You will eventually fit back in to your skinny jeans don't worry! 

It is still early days and your body is healing from massive surgery. It does truly get better :)

How long has it been for you Kel since you had it done? 

I'm not on any pain meds, haven't been since day 3 or 4. I will definetly get some probiotics though.

Lol, I hope so ☺☺☺ hopefully from this week I will turn a corner.

Also did you find your inscision site really itchy? If so what did you use to stop it?

Well it wasn't a seroma, it was a build up of old blood that hadn't been drained out. I had to have a local & they drained it, he was squishing my stomach and pushing on it to get as much out as he could, it came out like a tap...550 mls, lol, was so grosse. I have a drain in to get it all out until Monday but I'm hoping for tomorrow. So much flatter & alot less pressure.

Just read thread. Im also 2 weeks post tummy and boobs.

Im not depressed but have a fair amount of swelling and look a few months pregnant. Also saddle bags quite swollen. Its horrible. Nothing looks good on me. I gues i knew about swelling etc but didnt give it much actual thought and how it would make me feel. 

How long where you told to take anti inflammatory  meds for. Mine said 5 days but i am going t start taking again as have a lot left. Will check with dr of course. 

Yeah me too ms_tummytuck 😊 

Haha yeah I was mistly tje same, thought about the recovered part not the actual recovery. I only took the medication for 3 days, I found just keeping up my fluids helped me better than the anti inflams did. 

How long has it been for you Kel since you had it done? 

I'm not on any pain meds, haven't been since day 3 or 4. I will definetly get some probiotics though.

Lol, I hope so ☺☺☺ hopefully from this week I will turn a corner.

Also did you find your inscision site really itchy? If so what did you use to stop it?

I am 8 weeks post op now - and its only been this week my scar has been itchy, but nothing unmanageable.

Could your clothes/binder be making the itching worse? 

So glad you could get the old blood drained - I had that too around 4 weeks but only had 90mls! 

I asked my ps about the itchy & he said it was normal just means it is healing, might be irritated though by the garment because it makes me run hot.

Oh really, I wish. I'm still draining, an additional 300 mls ontop of the 550mls in the office, hopefully the drain can come out tomorrow.

Checking in on you StephyJay! I too lost more fluid than expected through my drain. My surgeon was concerned as it wasn't slowing, but he spoke with his peers and decided to take it out. Surely enough, it stopped building up fluid! I had to put manual pressure on the wound for about an hour afterwards but it stopped :)

i hope you're on the up from here XX 

Ok, well. I can't remember where I left off buuuuuut long story short. Ended up back in hospital for 6 and had to have 3 more surgeries in 5 days... infected hematoma & seroma! Ended up being sent hime with 2 drains in & had hospital in the home come out everyday to check them & their output. Lasted 5 days. Then had to go back to hospital for 2 weeks for weekly check ups on the wound... my originally little thin scar is no longer thin in the middle & have ended up putting on weight from not being able to barely do a thing, movement wise, which has devastated me. Have another 2-3 weeks before I'm able to go back to the gym. This experience has been so emotionally draining but I'm still glad I did it. I'm still a bit puffy because of the invasivness of the following 3 surgeries & because they were all so close to eachother, I'm expecting to stay that way for atleast 12 weeks or so.

Thanks for checking in ladies

Steph

Xx