Blossom

Packing for overnight hospital stay

My surgery is still a couple of weeks away, but I'm trying to be prepared. I'm having a GA with an overnight stay in hospital but have no idea what to pack! 

I don't even know if I'll be allowed to shower as I didn't think to ask.

Anyone want to share their list with me?? 

you cant shower for the first 48 hours after surgery. I would pack pjs that button up down the front and easy shoes to slip on plus music earphones, magazines! You will probably be out of it from the medication anyway. :)

Button up pjs

ear plugs and eye mask

entertainment - book, iPad etc

button up or loose clothes to wear home

very basic toiletries - including wet wipes and flushable wipes. I was allowed to shower but many aren't. 

I also took some plain Jatz crackers and they saved my life! You need something in your stomach to have pain meds and I couldn't face anything they gave me. I also took a zip up shirt, water, and a really soft hand towel to place between myself and he seatbelt on my ride home. I also took a pillow to place on my lap - it was more comfortable having my arms resting on the pillow rather than in my lap. 

All the best with your surgery day!

Strepsils etc for after GA, neck pillow, eye mask, basic clothes you came in (tracksuit, thongs, loose top, zip up or button up jumper), ipod +headphones, basic toiletries such as wipes, mouthwashe, toothbrush, toothpaste, moisturiser, Strepsils etc for after GA, neck pillow, eye mask, basic clothes you came in (tracksuit, thongs, loose top, zip up or button up jumper), straws, small towel for car ride home or wherever you are going after :) , theres also a good post with some things of things to take post op I think on psf blog as well, also good tip is to write a list of the things you need to take like a week in advance so that way youre not thinking to hard and forgetting something instead just writing it on the list and having all the things you need without worrying about forgetting something ( although thats ore if youre travelling interstate/staying in hotel like me :) ) good luck !