Sign in to follow this  
overthinkingit

surgery day?

just reading though my pre op instructions and its says to shower and wash well then not to apply any products to your body.

does anyone know if they mean the whole lot of you or if a small amount of make up and hair product is ok? My curls will look like crusty the clown without at least some leave I'm conditioner.

No make up and I would just plat your hair or tie it up. I wouldn't risk putting any products in your hair or on your body when you have been asked not too. Not worth it and I don't think it will be a priority on the day. I'm just going to tie mine up and leave it in a bun for 4 days lol

No make up, it was the no moisteuriser (and deodorant) that killed me. My skin really itches when dry but it's not for very long. They gave me a hair net thing to cover my hair up for surgery so as Donatella says I think that is perhaps less of a concern than your skin. 

What part are you having surgery on? But really is it worth the risk? For a couple of days of no hair product come on surely not.

You wont care after the surgery anyhow, you will be to drugged up, absolutely not worth the risk. 

I felt so crap after the surgery that I didn't care that I looked like *****, smelt of BO (towards the end of the day because of NO deodorant) and had the skin of a lizards because the surgical body wash was so dehydrating! I was told to put absolutely nothing on - just wash your hair and tie it up in a plait.... Felt awful, but it was short lived - had much more to deal with after that. 

I've been told no make up, fake tan, wash with antibacterial wash in the morning I don't think ive been told yet whether no moisturises hairspray etc but im assuming no or very little, thats probably confirmed the day before hospital calls me, it's probably not going to matter that much anyway in the end. How are you going to wash your make up off at night anyway it's a bit pointless and more stress on the new assets haha :p

OK, I don't have any of this info :huh: When are you supposed to be given all of this? I am still a couple of weeks out from surgery but picked up all my admission forms yesterday, but was told nothing about when I go in, and no make up, deodorant, washing with antibacterial wash... nothing!!!! 

OK, I don't have any of this info :huh: When are you supposed to be given all of this? I am still a couple of weeks out from surgery but picked up all my admission forms yesterday, but was told nothing about when I go in, and no make up, deodorant, washing with antibacterial wash... nothing!!!! 

I wasn't told any of it until the hospital phoned me the day before surgery to confirm time and give instructions. I think most hospitals have the same practice. If going through clinic you might get different instructions at a different time. 

I wasn't told any of it until the hospital phoned me the day before surgery to confirm time and give instructions. I think most hospitals have the same practice. If going through clinic you might get different instructions at a different time. 

Ah, OK. I am going through the hospital, so maybe they will call me a day ahead to let me know, however I am glad I know now so I can be organised and get the proper body wash etc and not be racing around the day before to get it!

Ah, OK. I am going through the hospital, so maybe they will call me a day ahead to let me know, however I am glad I know now so I can be organised and get the proper body wash etc and not be racing around the day before to get it!

I wouldn't worry too much. They asked me if surgeon had given me a wash and I said no so they said to shower with water only. 

Yeah ..well its 1am right now so my BA is today. Cant sleep, slightly freaking out 

im awake as I had major sleep today ! I will be thinking of you and hope you get some rest ! Either way you will rest heaps after and the days to come ! :) can't wait to hear how,it all goes sweets 

hey Alaska how did you go? I have trouble sleeping through an entire night at the moment. I'm day 3 post op now :)

It went well. Better than i expected. Im in shock that i actually have boobs. I slept for a few hours lastnight. Try taking endone it will knock you out. Loved your pics..hope my girls look as good as yours on day 3 x

It went well. Better than i expected. Im in shock that i actually have boobs. I slept for a few hours lastnight. Try taking endone it will knock you out. Loved your pics..hope my girls look as good as yours on day 3 x

great to hear you're doing well! I'm on buprenorphine which is same but dif to endone and the reason I'm not sleeping. Last night i just took panadol though and slept like a baby! I off the heavy stuff now i think :) no real pain!