Brookelle

What cream do you use to apply to breasts post op?

I was recommended a cream called Stratamark but I've been to every chemist near where I live and they either have never heard of it or tell me it's discontinued! 

I purchased Palmers Pregnacy Stretch Mark cream but not sure if it's correct, what cream have you or do you use or recommend? 

Also happy 1 week post op to me 😀🎉

I have used Strataderm on my nip scar since 3 weeks post, I've found it good for scar treatment.. It's available online at most chemists, ranges from $20-$50 ish.. depending on the size you order.

For stretchmarks I didn't find the palmers helpful at all. It just blocked my skin and made it all red and lumpy.

I just use a high potency Vitamin E cream, sometimes Vit E oil.

Happy 1 week post op Brokelle! I'm 1 week too! 

My surgeon hasn't recommended anything in particular so just going off what I've read on here I have a stupidly large collection! I used Bio Oil for 2 months pre op so I'm still using that. I also have Palmers cocoa butter with vitamin E, and pure vitamin E serum.

For the first few days I was just using Arnica cream for swelling and brushing though.

Yes - it looks like chemist warehouse in my bedroom!

I've been using Bio Oil on my scars and all over my breasts as per my post op instructions. I saw my surgeon yesterday who said to  continue with this and also incorporate a LIGHT moisturising cream, such as Vitamin E, Dove etc, especially coming into summer otherwise anything heavier will probably cause you to break out.

I was recommended a cream called Stratamark but I've been to every chemist near where I live and they either have never heard of it or tell me it's discontinued! 

I purchased Palmers Pregnacy Stretch Mark cream but not sure if it's correct, what cream have you or do you use or recommend? 

Also happy 1 week post op to me 😀🎉

hey @Brookelle,

In my post op info pack it says not to use and oil as an oil can leave a film which may cause irritation. I Was advised to use a vitamin E cream for the weeks leading up to surgery and for at least 3 months after surgery after every shower.

This is the cream I have been using the whole time and have found it quite good.  It's lightweight,  has a tiny bit of primrose oil in it but doesn't leave a film.

Ps - happy one week post op to me too ;-)

DSC_1985.JPG

Edited by October29TCIba

I use it on my face as I have pretty bad rosacea and spider veins and it actually cleared it up and fading it !its not a beauty products it's more a health vitamin product ,the ingredients are very minimal and I can't see why you couldn't use it on breasts time will tell 

I use it on my face as I have pretty bad rosacea and spider veins and it actually cleared it up and fading it !its not a beauty products it's more a health vitamin product ,the ingredients are very minimal and I can't see why you couldn't use it on breasts time will tell 

wow, that's impressive! Rosacea is a hard skin problem to improve. I might have to get some and try it out. If you remember, I would love to hear what you think about it in a few weeks once it's had a chance to work it's wonders. Minimal ingredients sounds good too - I get worried with those products with a million unknown substances. 

I've been researching that Bio Oil is terrible with all of the chemicals it has in it...

My friend is a Nutrimetics consultant and a few of her clients have used one of the serums for skin and scar repair with good results.

Any chemical-free suggestions? My skin is very sensitive.

hey @Brookelle,

In my post op info pack it says not to use and oil as an oil can leave a film which may cause irritation. I Was advised to use a vitamin E cream for the weeks leading up to surgery and for at least 3 months after surgery after every shower.

This is the cream I have been using the whole time and have found it quite good.  It's lightweight,  has a tiny bit of primrose oil in it but doesn't leave a film.

Ps - happy one week post op to me too ;-)

DSC_1985.JPG

Hey lovely!

Thank you so much! Yes, my information pack said no oil - which I think I was getting confused with oil and anything that contained oil as an ingredient. I think I'm partially paranoid because I don't want to do anything wrong. 

Thank you again though, this really helps :) 

Hey lovely!
Thank you so much! Yes, my information pack said no oil - which I think I was getting confused with oil and anything that contained oil as an ingredient. I think I'm partially paranoid because I don't want to do anything wrong. 

Thank you again though, this really helps :) 

no problem at all :-) 

I just use it religiously and have had no Issues at all :-)