peppy

travel insurance

Hi everyone. I am heading to phuket in march for a breast augmentation procedure and wanting to know what travel insurance is needed and if anyone knows of a good reason al priced company :)

Hi Peppy. I'd really recommend not doing the surgery overseas. We have a lot of well-known PS here. What I'm really concerned about is the post-op. This is a surgery we're talking about and you need to be prepared just in case complications would arise. It would be difficult going/getting in touch to your surgeon. And I wouldn't want the added stress traveling when I just had a surgery. Financial-wise, we have a lot of PS/providers offering payment plans, . I have been researching for months now. I wanted to make an informed decision before booking for a consult. Also, go for the plastic surgeon, not a cosmetic surgeon. PS are more experienced with the right credentials. Good luck on your BA! 

Hey peppy, 

I'm curious about this too. Cosmeditour have a travel guarantee to cover flights and accommodation if you need revision surgery and piac and bkp9 have a separate guarantee for the surgery itself but I don't no if I need additional travel insurance as well? Will look into it. ☺

Hi Peppy, 

You have a few different options to protect yourself and get peace of mind. 

1. There are 2 insurance companies offering complications insurance specifically for medical tourists. One is called Global Protective Solutions and the other is Bordercross. 

https://hybrid.sevencorners.com/insurance/bordercross/HGPTSSN

https://www.globalprotectivesolutions.com/enroll/individual_1.php

2. Some hospitals provide a guarantee but they have terms & conditions that you have to adhere to and it generally doesn't cover things like capsular contracture as it's an expected complication. From what I understand It mostly only covers negligence. 

3. Some agencies also offer a fly back cover for a premium price. 

4. NIB Options also offers some kind of cover. 

Just know that a normal travel insurance company won't cover anything.