Alaska

New boobs, post op blues :(

Today is my fist day post op. Im feeling ok..managing the pain ect but i am dissapointed with the size and shape. They seem too small, square-ish and far apart. 

I know its only early days but i cant see them dropping and fluffying much anytime soon.

I started off with nothing - little to no breast tissue... i have read it takes much longer for the implant to settle. 

Will they get bigger and will they come together and be more centered??????? Anyone had a similar experience?

Here are some day one post op pics that i managed.to take. (Sorry about the bad quality)

Hang in there hun. Trust me they will change soooo much in the next 6 weeks.tthey do look square in appearance at 1st but then they get round. Tbh i felt the same way about my size n i did get post op blues (very common apparently) because everything u go through to not be in love with them is pretty fucking frustrating.alot of girls say theres look bigger wen they drop though .x

Hi Alaska, are you only post op day 1? 

Have you looked at other ladie's progress photos? 

I would suggest you don't even look at your new breasts until at least day four.. of course they don't look round, big enough or centered - you've literally just had the surgery. 

Your muscle and tissue needs time to stretch and accommodate the implant, if you have ever seen any pictures of the body's anatomy you will see the pectoral muscle is that square shape.

i haven't seen ANY pics of ladies who actually look good at Post op Day 1.

Don't stress. Looking forward to see how you feel next week  :)

Hey Alaska ! So glad everything went well with surgery:) ,you look great sweets so normal and they don't look that square for the first day so you can expect them to look good in no time ,just wait in a week they will change already and keep on doing that , there's great girls on here that will assure you and back it up as they also are going through this or have gone through it ! Just try and rest and get excited for the changes to come ,I think you look great for one day post op x

I think they look really good for so early on!

i had to wear my post op bra for 6 days straight to start with (no showering etc) so when I first saw them I took a quick glance and then barely looked at them for the next 4 weeks! I knew they wouldn't look exactly right so I figured, why stress myself out? 

Don't worry Alaska they will settle in and look fab! It's totally normal to look like that right after surgery, mine do too. Have a look at some of the galleries where girls have documented their changes post op and most of them started out like that too!

So sorry to hear you're feeling so down Alaska but you are not alone. I'm told it's pretty normal.

Day 5 PO I was miserable. Hated them. Regretted all the money I spent. Thought I'd got the wrong size, shape - everything! Probably had a lot to do with the meds and GA. Try not to worry or even look at them too much in the first week. I know it's easier said than done. You spend months planning and buckets on them but the reality is just like Melba said, nobody walks out of surgery with beautiful, round, perfect  breasts. It takes time. 

I agree with the girls - go check out everyone's progress pics. 

Patience is a virtue. Hang in there!! X

Sending positive vibes ur way alaska! The other wonderful ladies have said it all, still very early days. Im day 3 PO and my husband keeps jokingly calling my boobs my shoulder pads because they are so high he thinks he is real funny my husband 😒 i just tell myself They will drop and i cant wait till they do. 

Sending positive vibes ur way alaska! The other wonderful ladies have said it all, still very early days. Im day 3 PO and my husband keeps jokingly calling my boobs my shoulder pads because they are so high he thinks he is real funny my husband 😒 i just tell myself They will drop and i cant wait till they do. 

You just wait till they drop and look amazing. Then you can make fun of him when he's going gaga over them ^_^

Alaska, they look great for 1 day PO. Plus you went with miroshnik right? He is the boobie god! They will be perfect :)

Hey Alaska, the girls have said it all already, but I wanted to add that I took pics documenting my progress, but you will notice that I didn't take any pics the day of or the day after my surgery - they just looked too terrible. They still weren't good on day 2 & 3... They change so much during the first week and then just keep on getting better. I felt awful seeing how they looked initially (and I was told no bra, so I couldn't avoid looking at them 😕). But they are getting so much better every day. Just give it time and take a look at other's progress pics - just not @Melbba's  - she's a freak because she looked amazing from the beginning lol 😉

It's quite normal to have post op blues. I cried when I looked at my breasts a week post op and it wasn't until 3 months+ that they had settled properly. I've had a couple of issues too and am headed for a revision but all ok. 

Look, cry, take photos, whatever you need to do but just know that what you see now is not the end result x 

Hi Alaska,

I think most people experience what you are experiencing in the first week. You are in a lot of discomfort, wondering if you made the right decisions and whether it was all worth it. Plus they look really small the first few days cos they're still compressed. Like everyone else said, there is a lot of change to come over the next few months. Here's one of my pics. I'm 2 weeks post op now and started taking photos of my progress from day two. It's really encouraging because even though they are still high, hard and square at the bottom, I can see they are changing bit by bit everyday.large.image.jpeg.8110be81a13d56f6239342e

Hi Alaska

Have been thinking of you and hoping you are starting to feel a little better one week on??  I am booked with Dr M on Tuesday .. Very nervous about the outcome & already anticipating a little post-op blues while they settle and soften... :unsure:  If only we had a crystal ball to peak 3-6 months down the track, I think it would be easier to get through the 'awkward' phase.

Sending positive thoughts your way..

Hey @curvesplease , and each and everyone one of you that replied <3 

Iv been meaning to do an update and thank everyone for their kind words. Iv come back several times to this thread and re-read everyones messages. My phone was stuffing up and i couldnt reply so i could only like everyone's posts. 

Im one week PO and im feeling better. The pre op was emotionally draining ..i was scheduled late in the afternoon, had to fast for so long plus i had my period plus nerves plus my mum was freaking out even more than i was so i was mainly consoling her. Then everything  hit me hard day one post op. I had been waiting for so long to have this done and have spent my entire life hiding/camouflaging my chest that when i saw them i thought "oh god what have i done im now still going to have to hide them". Having been flat chested my entire life and having tiny squared boobs was shocking. I am a.very logical and level headed.person usually and my emotions, pms, general a, drugs ect all took over.

The entire process with dealing with Dr M...he was great...very personable but i was just like a deer in headlights. 

My advice to you is dont be nervous, be open and enjoy the process. 

I still wish i went bigger...Dr M gave me 295 ccs. I am 45kg and 165cm tall...so im quiet thin Im guessing thats why he didnt want to go bigger. I have not seen or spoken to Dr M since pre op. 

They look less square-ish and are still hard. Left breast has slightly dropped and appears to be larger (which im happy about, hope the right one does the same)

They also seem still far apart but in the info the nurse gave me it states that if you start off with minimal breast tissue that this is common and that they will come together eventually as skin stretches. 

Once again thank you all the ladies for replying i literally read your replies 10x whilst havin several cries during my post op blue moments. 

Edited by Alaska

I'm about 22 days post op and still suffering the BLUES :unsure:

me too 😭 I'm 3 weeks PO today. My boobs are still really tender and I'm feeling a lot of muscular type pain, especially on the right side (I got 345 dual plane). Still sitting very square/high/small. The look I thought a 345 would achieve when trying on sizers etc is actually way smaller than what I had in my head, so that's been frustrating. I know I'm torturing myself but I can't help wishing I'd gone to a bigger size because right now they are just what my padded bra used to look like and it feels so disappointing, I was looking forward to feeling better in my body not worse 

Alaska it's okay to be depressed after your BA. I know everyone's saying you'll be fine and it's okay but it's not always like that. I'm upset about my size and I'm going in for a revisional as soon as I'm cleared as surgically ready. I feel crappy for ever getting this BA in the first place as it just looks like me before with lots of padding. Sometimes the post op blues feeling never goes away and that's okay, don't force yourself to love them as you'll only be more upset. I'm feeling sooo much better knowing I'm getting them done bigger. I know 100% the look that I want now and know this second BA won't be a mistake. :D 

Alaska it's okay to be depressed after your BA. I know everyone's saying you'll be fine and it's okay but it's not always like that. I'm upset about my size and I'm going in for a revisional as soon as I'm cleared as surgically ready. I feel crappy for ever getting this BA in the first place as it just looks like me before with lots of padding. Sometimes the post op blues feeling never goes away and that's okay, don't force yourself to love them as you'll only be more upset. I'm feeling sooo much better knowing I'm getting them done bigger. I know 100% the look that I want now and know this second BA won't be a mistake. :D 

when are physically allowed to get them revised? Like time wise?