Hey ladies,

I'm now 9.5 weeks post op from my tuberous breast correction and wanted to thank you all for your support and info during my recovery from my BA. As some of you would know my recovery was the PITS, and I have since spoken to Dr M about my whole experience.

I felt like I was being a sook, couldn't handle the pain, there was something wrong, was having a bad BA experience etc etc....but that was all put into perspective last week with Dr M. I told Dr M how disappointed I was in myself that I couldn't 'go out the day after surgery and go shopping and to the movies' like so many ladies around here. He laughed and said there's no WAY I could compare my surgery and recovery to a standard BA procedure, and I finally felt it was OK to have gone through everything, emotionally and physically, that I did. He said that my surgery was even more complicated than a BA and lift, and that I was completely normal in my recovery for my type of surgery. He was so excited to see my results, as he feels that tuberous breasts are a tricky beast and that the before and after are always more incredible and dramatic than a standard BA.

To let you ladies know the whole story (which I didn't even realise until my post op appointment last week), during my surgery I had 390cc tear drop implants placed dual plane, which included an internal bra being stitched into my breast tissue. The stitches from the internal bra are reinforced so much that they may take 10 months to fully dissolve. This was done because of my tuberous breasts, and as a result of this issue I also had behind my nipples scored to release the constricted tissue (and some tissue removed), and I had an areola reduction which means I now have permanent internal stitches around my areola to prevent them stretching again.

So there you go. I wasn't making it up! Lol. I hope this info is helpful to some ladies out there, especially those I may have scared off with my post op stories!:p

Thanks for sharing ! It's hard when we compare to others yet we do it anyways :/ 

i had a internal bra with my last implants and I was in the place where people around me couldn't understand the pain I was in and why it was taking so long for me to do regular things like vacuum the house (im ocd so this was crucial ) they had had ba and bl and would tell me there stories and there recovery and I just couldn't understand why I couldn't do those things or why it hurt so badly when I did ! I did come across a U.S thread on internal bras and I found relief in there :) im glad that you are healing and sharing as this is becoming a more recognised procedure here as with ur situation and with the increase of the larger implants that are now available in aus ,and I'd highly recommend the internal bra for big implants for the long run !

Thanks for sharing ! It's hard when we compare to others yet we do it anyways :/ 

i had a internal bra with my last implants and I was in the place where people around me couldn't understand the pain I was in and why it was taking so long for me to do regular things like vacuum the house (im ocd so this was crucial ) they had had ba and bl and would tell me there stories and there recovery and I just couldn't understand why I couldn't do those things or why it hurt so badly when I did ! I did come across a U.S thread on internal bras and I found relief in there :) im glad that you are healing and sharing as this is becoming a more recognised procedure here as with ur situation and with the increase of the larger implants that are now available in aus ,and I'd highly recommend the internal bra for big implants for the long run !

I had no idea about the recovery times for an internal bra, and yep, I also had people saying 'why do you hurt so much?' and 'You can't do *insert normal activity* yet????' I was in tears not being able to wash or style my hair for 3 weeks! I Lol'd at your vacuum thing...I can completely relate. :) 

I'm excited about the internal bra now after all is said and done, as going braless is a real option...pretty much whenever I want. I've never been able to go braless before - win!

Oh I didnt know all aereola reductions had internal stitches there permananent pr os this just yoir surgeon as when I asked mine about going a little smaller than my ideal soze because they might het bigger again he said thats a good plan hmm might have to ask that tomorrow morning although i'm hoping my recovery isnt as rough as i'm not having a standard BA/BL. Tuberous breast are different to a standard BA or even BL so theres definitely more pain plus youre made to feel a little guilty everytime you go to complain etc since it was your choice to have surgery even with all that 😁😩😠 but atleasy now youre getting to the stage where its all worth it and the worst is behind you ! 😊

Oh I didnt know all aereola reductions had internal stitches there permananent pr os this just yoir surgeon as when I asked mine about going a little smaller than my ideal soze because they might het bigger again he said thats a good plan hmm might have to ask that tomorrow morning although i'm hoping my recovery isnt as rough as i'm not having a standard BA/BL. Tuberous breast are different to a standard BA or even BL so theres definitely more pain plus youre made to feel a little guilty everytime you go to complain etc since it was your choice to have surgery even with all that 😁😩😠 but atleasy now youre getting to the stage where its all worth it and the worst is behind you ! 😊

I didn't know that I needed 'reinforcement' around my nipples either until I spoke with Dr M about whether they'd likely stretch again. So definitely ask your surgeon.

I definitely felt guilty at times complaining even though it was elective surgery! But it's definitely worth it. I just wish I'd done it years go!

Oh MaisieF you've had the works!!! No wonder your recovery has been tough you poor love. But look how worth it it was because your boobs look amazing now don't they??! So despite all the pain it was worth it! Glad you're feeling happier xx

You were never a sook Maisie! Stronger than most of us and went through more than most of us! You now look amazing - it's all worth it! I'm glad you now know all the details why to help you feel better!! 

It's great that you are sharing everything to help others as well - surgery is always a individual case by case basis and we need to share and experience it together so we can help each other as much as we can

Big hugs x

I'm starting to get worried about how my recovery is going to go :S 

I REALLY hope its smooth sailing, but knowing my luck it wont be :p 

I hope you're one of the lucky ones! Got everything crossed for you (otherwise meds will be your best friend, lol).

Oh MaisieF you've had the works!!! No wonder your recovery has been tough you poor love. But look how worth it it was because your boobs look amazing now don't they??! So despite all the pain it was worth it! Glad you're feeling happier xx

Haha, I have had the works right?! I'm very happy now everything is healing. :) 

You were never a sook Maisie! Stronger than most of us and went through more than most of us! You now look amazing - it's all worth it! I'm glad you now know all the details why to help you feel better!! 

It's great that you are sharing everything to help others as well - surgery is always a individual case by case basis and we need to share and experience it together so we can help each other as much as we can

Big hugs x

Thanks SassyB! I hope that most don't have the recovery I had, but if they do, know they're not alone.

Thanks for sharing Masie! This is really great information to have. During my phone consult with Dr M he mentioned that he could 'reinforce' my implants to keep them in place due to having a slight funnel chest. Now I am wondering if that means an internal bra?? I will make sure to question him some more on Monday so I know what to expect for my recovery. It might be necessary - but ouch, it makes me a little nervous!! 

Thanks for sharing Masie! This is really great information to have. During my phone consult with Dr M he mentioned that he could 'reinforce' my implants to keep them in place due to having a slight funnel chest. Now I am wondering if that means an internal bra?? I will make sure to question him some more on Monday so I know what to expect for my recovery. It might be necessary - but ouch, it makes me a little nervous!! 

He could quite possibly mean an internal bra. Ask him and see what he means, for sure. It does suck the big ones during recovery, but the results are worth it, I promise!