brianna_mm

Should I get rhinoplasty? Weighing it all up

Hello everyone, 
I am 26 years old and based in Melbourne. I've been weighing up for the past few years if I should get rhinoplasty or not. Everyone I speak to about it says I am being ridiculous. I used to model, have always got comments about how stunning I am etc but realistically I just don't see it. All I see is this massive nose that I absolutely hate and have hated for such a long time. It's not so much front on that's the issue, I see little imperfections on it but that's okay as we aren't perfect, it's my profile that I despise. I refuse to get photos side on as I just feel its so disproportion from the rest of my face. I had to get a jaw operation when I was 15 years old as it was too far set back, I remember the difference that gave me. Though it did take 2 years to go down in swelling. But it still isn't a very defined jaw which I think is the reason I struggle with my side profile so much. 

My issue is, do I risk it? Do I pay all this money to get it fixed but only make it worse? The main areas I would want to address would be thinning out my nose (specifically the tip of my nose) and reducing the size of it so its more in proportion with the rest of my face. 

I'm looking at booking a consultation with Dr Andrew Greensmith as I've read amazing reviews of him. The other area I am looking at is getting breast augmentation. I have literally no boobs and I feel so unlady like. Is it worth getting those done at the same time? Can that occur having two surgeons work on you at the same time? Or should I wait to have breast augmentation after I have kids? I don't want it to affect my ability to breast feed which is the concern.

I have attached photos from my weddings (no longer married but anyways) it gives you an idea of what I am talking about. It isn't a clear profile shot but I guess its something to go by. Any comments would be so greatly appreciated. 

MET_0089.jpg

IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg

No matter how much we can tell you that you are beautiful (which you are!), if you're not happy with your nose, you're not happy with your nose. And if you want it 'fixed' to feel better about yourself, why not? Same goes with your breast augmentation. Just do your research and choose reputable and suitably qualified plastic surgeons for your procedures.

You're a gorgeous girl but as Maisie said, if you aren't happy it is completely your decision whether to have surgery. I had both rhinoplasty and BA done at the same time s I picked a surgeon who was capable of both. Difficult recovery but I got through it in the end! Feel free to ask me any questions 

You are gorgeous and your smile makes you more gorgeous.

You don't really HAVE to have it done, you could get away with not doing it but i know that you probably look in the mirror and just see nose from what you are saying as thats what i used to do before my surgery (even though i still look at my nose a lot).

If you pick a good surgeon you won't be disappointed, just do your research because once you do it you cant go back. Me personally am glad i had my nose done and dont know why i was stressing, but i researched for almost a year for a good surgeon.

Do whats right for you, something i noticed for me is when i got mine done it made my face/head look smaller so this you might like? Not sure.

Thanks everyone for your honest opinions. I have certainly been thinking about it long and hard, will continue doing so I imagine! I think i'll go in for a consultation and just see what can be done. I'm not sure more worried about the front on view, though maybe making a little bit thinner would be nice, but i'd nice to see if perhaps they can just make the profile not as prominent. 

As stated above I am also looking at getting rhinoplasty but looking at a different surgeon for that. If I go with a different surgeon does that mean two separate operations? 

If you want a different surgeon doing your nose and another doing your boobs you will most likely have two separate surgeries. You are absolutely beautiful! I can see that your nose could be improved on, most people have minor flaws in regards to their nose. I don't think yours warrants a surgery though. I've read that rhinoplasty has the highest percentage of unsatisfied patients because it is so difficult to achieve everyones idea of perfection. Would you take the risk to spend the money only to be just as unhappy? I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but it is a real possibility. There is also the possibility that you love your new nose...
In regards to your breasts, you look like you have a decent amount of boobage in those pics :) How long before you are planning on having kids? If it's in the next couple of years I would wait!