Emi

Richardson vs. Broadhurst for BA?

Hi lovelies! I am brand new to joining this forum, but have been reading everyone's stories for a while now.

I am booked in for a BA consultation with Dr Richardson in December and am considering booking in to see Broadhurst as well. I am super keen to hear everyone's experiences with either of these surgeons, good or bad! And if you saw both of these guys for a consult, is there a reason why you chose one over the other?

I also work in an office with quite senior managers and was wondering if anyone has had any experience of being treated differently by colleagues after your BA?

I'd love to friend request anyone who is comfortable for me to see their BA journey please :)  

Thanks!

Hi Emi! welcome to the site

both are great surgeons - I would do a consult with both and go with who you are most comfortable with.

I got a BA and BL with Dr Richardson 2 months ago and couldn't fault the work and wanted someone that A. had great evidence of work B. qualified PS and C. great service (his staff also fantastic...good luck with your choice and make sure you take a list of questions!

I also work in corporate office with alot of politicians and no one has noticed (that I have noticed) but I am also wearing corporate attire. I thought they would be huge and stick out but in reality you can still fit your normal clothes just slightly fill them better - i'm sure you will be fine!!

Hi Emi! welcome to the site

both are great surgeons - I would do a consult with both and go with who you are most comfortable with.

I got a BA and BL with Dr Richardson 2 months ago and couldn't fault the work and wanted someone that A. had great evidence of work B. qualified PS and C. great service (his staff also fantastic...good luck with your choice and make sure you take a list of questions!

I also work in corporate office with alot of politicians and no one has noticed (that I have noticed) but I am also wearing corporate attire. I thought they would be huge and stick out but in reality you can still fit your normal clothes just slightly fill them better - i'm sure you will be fine!!

Thank you SassyB :) its comforting to know that you can continue to work in the corporate world without it impacting.  Did you find Richardson to be relatively easy to talk to? I have read a few stories about his bedside manner and that he isn't overly forthcoming with information. 

Would you mind if I sent you a FR?

Hi Em 

Welcome 

I am.having my BA at TBI which is both richardson and broadhurst so i could have either of them do my surgery ..i had my consult last week and i saw richardson. .he clearly knows his stuff and very easy to talk to .. im booked in for 19th dec 

Either of these surgeons will be a great choice from what i have read on here x

Hi Em 

Welcome 

I am.having my BA at TBI which is both richardson and broadhurst so i could have either of them do my surgery ..i had my consult last week and i saw richardson. .he clearly knows his stuff and very easy to talk to .. im booked in for 19th dec 

Either of these surgeons will be a great choice from what i have read on here x

you must be so excited! Great date to get them done as well so you can recover over Xmas. I look forward to hearing how it all goes! 

I had heard that at TBI you just get allocated a surgeon (maybe I'm thinking of TCI?), but if the only options are to be allocated Broadhurst or Richardson, and it's cheaper, that seems pretty damn good to me! X

Edited by Emi

Hi Emi welcome!

Im 3 days Post Op with dr Richardson after BL and BA. Feel free to friend me to see my before and after pics so far :) 

At my original consult with dr richardson i went in with about 2-3 pages of questions. When.i left there was only 2 or 3 that he hadnt answered and he happily did so when i asked about them. He also helped me choose my sizing without telling me what to get. He suggested 390cc to get the look i wanted and when i asked his opinion on going bigger he advised he wouldnt go much bigger. I did end up going 420cc at my own choice and he was happy with that but very firm on no bigger than 420cc. I appreciated his bluntness on that as it made me sure I was right in choosing 420cc. He isnt exactly hold ur hand and giggle along with you but he knows his stuff and he is very relaxed and confident :) 

Edited by tinylittlekitty
wasnt finished lol

you must be so excited! Great date to get them done as well so you can recover over Xmas. I look forward to hearing how it all goes! 

I had heard that at TBI you just get allocated a surgeon (maybe I'm thinking of TCI?), but if the only options are to be allocated Broadhurst or Richardson, and it's cheaper, that seems pretty damn good to me! X

thats usually how they do.it at TBI but at the moment and until next year its just the 2 surgeons ..pretty stoked 😄😄

And yes im having 3 weeks off over xmas so its worked.out perfectly xx

Hi Emi welcome!

Im 3 days Post Op with dr Richardson after BL and BA. Feel free to friend me to see my before and after pics so far :) 

At my original consult with dr richardson i went in with about 2-3 pages of questions. When.i left there was only 2 or 3 that he hadnt answered and he happily did so when i asked about them. He also helped me choose my sizing without telling me what to get. He suggested 390cc to get the look i wanted and when i asked his opinion on going bigger he advised he wouldnt go much bigger. I did end up going 420cc at my own choice and he was happy with that but very firm on no bigger than 420cc. I appreciated his bluntness on that as it made me sure I was right in choosing 420cc. He isnt exactly hold ur hand and giggle along with you but he knows his stuff and he is very relaxed and confident :) 

thanks so much :) that's great to hear he answered so many of your questions, (I'm the same in that I will go in with a few pages hehe). I hope your recovery is going well, you must be excited for the weeks ahead to see your lovely new assets start to settle xo

thats usually how they do.it at TBI but at the moment and until next year its just the 2 surgeons ..pretty stoked 😄😄

And yes im having 3 weeks off over xmas so its worked.out perfectly xx

that's great! Do you know if there is much of a difference in terms of pre op and post op by seeing them through TBI rather than their other practices? I will call up tomorrow I think. 

Fabtastic, what a great present to yourself. I hope all goes well 😘

I also had mine done by Richardson through TBI. I also second what those above have said. I found him easy to talk to and was impressed with obvious knowledge and skill. I had a couple of issues post op and he texted and called really quickly. One time was a possible serious issue and he booked me for ultrasound in less than an hour. Another time was freak out over something turned out not related to the surgery which he responded to quickly without making me feel like an idiot! I really rated TBI. The support staff are amazing and were awesome with my sizing decisions which took me ages and a few try ons. 

When I had the post op issue that he needed to see me about I went to his private rooms rather than to TBI so it's not an issue getting necessary post op care going through TBI rather than through him privately. 

I have been in contact via email with TBI in regards to their surgeons (as they have no appointments until January next year and I have heard on here that they will be getting different surgeons next year and less of Dr R and Dr B…) because I want to know the likelihood of getting one of them and not another new surgeon and they've maybe not been able to understand what i'm saying but they're not answering my questions very well and saying "they can't guarantee who your surgeon will be hence the affordable price…." but I really don't think it's too much to ask the names of the possible surgeons so I'm getting quite frustrated about this… maybe I should ring but worried they'll think I'm stupid or something now haha

Basically I want to know if I book for january next year and pay the deposit now while they're the 2 surgeons working there will I have one of them even if a new surgeon is hired? They came back with something along the lines of they only ever will has qualified plastic surgeons working for them and again that they can't guarantee who your surgeon will be. I don't know I don't really want to pay a (assuming non-refundable) deposit if a new surgeon comes along and I don't want him…. am I making any sense haha! Not sure what to do now in terms of booking a consult and paying $100 to be disappointed about possible random surgeon in january 

I have been in contact via email with TBI in regards to their surgeons (as they have no appointments until January next year and I have heard on here that they will be getting different surgeons next year and less of Dr R and Dr B…) because I want to know the likelihood of getting one of them and not another new surgeon and they've maybe not been able to understand what i'm saying but they're not answering my questions very well and saying "they can't guarantee who your surgeon will be hence the affordable price…." but I really don't think it's too much to ask the names of the possible surgeons so I'm getting quite frustrated about this… maybe I should ring but worried they'll think I'm stupid or something now haha

Basically I want to know if I book for january next year and pay the deposit now while they're the 2 surgeons working there will I have one of them even if a new surgeon is hired? They came back with something along the lines of they only ever will has qualified plastic surgeons working for them and again that they can't guarantee who your surgeon will be. I don't know I don't really want to pay a (assuming non-refundable) deposit if a new surgeon comes along and I don't want him…. am I making any sense haha! Not sure what to do now in terms of booking a consult and paying $100 to be disappointed about possible random surgeon in january 

if you are 100% set on a surgeon then book with them direct. 

TBI us very affordable and it's luck if you get the 2 owners it's not meant to be for the long term 

if you are 100% set on a surgeon then book with them direct. 

TBI us very affordable and it's luck if you get the 2 owners it's not meant to be for the long term 

I'm not set, I would love to have either of these two surgeons! I just want an answer as to whether I book now while they're the only two there if I'm at risk of having a different one if one is hired in the mean time (as they're booked out until january)

I think it is for that reason that others have chosen to book through the surgeons privately so they have that guarantee of who they will be. If not comfortable with only knowing that it would be a plastic surgeon then that is an issue. Personally I would be happy with either of them or any plastic surgeon they had representing them but it's easy for me to say that as I've had my surgery!! 

Can you ask them what the situation would be if not happy with who it is? I understood that they book in the surgery with whoever you have your consult with?? So maybe ask if they  can guarantee you that at least?? 

I'd give them a call to ask. I rang with lots of stupid questions and they never made me feel like an idiot and its a valid question to be concerned who the surgeon might be. 

I went through the same thing but they said those surgoens won't be there in january which is when i want to have my consult so i have booked with broadhurst direct. id just give them   a ring! they won't think your stupid -its good to feel comfortable with were your going

Edited by EvieY2
pressed enter to quick

I also had mine done by Richardson through TBI. I also second what those above have said. I found him easy to talk to and was impressed with obvious knowledge and skill. I had a couple of issues post op and he texted and called really quickly. One time was a possible serious issue and he booked me for ultrasound in less than an hour. Another time was freak out over something turned out not related to the surgery which he responded to quickly without making me feel like an idiot! I really rated TBI. The support staff are amazing and were awesome with my sizing decisions which took me ages and a few try ons. 

When I had the post op issue that he needed to see me about I went to his private rooms rather than to TBI so it's not an issue getting necessary post op care going through TBI rather than through him privately. 

thank you so much, this has been so helpful! X

I'm not set, I would love to have either of these two surgeons! I just want an answer as to whether I book now while they're the only two there if I'm at risk of having a different one if one is hired in the mean time (as they're booked out until january)

yes I agree! If they can't guarantee it would be Dr R or Dr B next year I think I'd rather pay the extra to see them privately... Hm...

Good idea ladies, I think we should give TBI a call and question them to death about it. Someone will have to cave and tell us what they really know RE surgeons next year 😉

thank you so much, this has been so helpful! X

yes I agree! If they can't guarantee it would be Dr R or Dr B next year I think I'd rather pay the extra to see them privately... Hm...

Good idea ladies, I think we should give TBI a call and question them to death about it. Someone will have to cave and tell us what they really know RE surgeons next year 😉

I sort of don't want to pay the extra if there are good odds of getting them at TBI like there seems to be for everyone right now, like they asked if I want to book a consult and I'm sort of like why should I pay $100 consult or whatever it is for a surgery where I don't even know who the possible surgeons will be at the time of the surgery it's not exactly fair to ask that of us! 

The consult is the cost and time of the surgeon and most places have a fee. Some people pay it 3 and 4 times with varying surgeons just to get different opinions :)

Yep, I paid for a couple and had a couple of no-fee consults just to make sure I found the right person... Took me 4 consults to get the right PS.

The consult is the cost and time of the surgeon and most places have a fee. Some people pay it 3 and 4 times with varying surgeons just to get different opinions :)

Of course I understand that :) but why pay for a consult with a surgeon who may not even be operating by the time the surgery date comes around at that institute is what I mean haha I just want them to tell me if I have a chance of having them next year 

Hi Emi welcome!

yay you have had them done ms tinylittlekitty! looking forward to hearing your updates - hope you are happy with Dr R's work so far :)

I had a consult with both Richardson and Broadhurst, i ultimately went with Andrew for a few reasons: 1. i felt more comfortable with him - he was happy to answer all questions without me feeling stupid 2. Richardson wanted to put the same size implants in each breast which he advised would leave me with slight asymmetry where as broadhurst put in two slightly different sizes. 3. i preferred broadhursts' after pictures over richardsons'. 4. i preferred the assistance and quick response from enhance receptionists which helped to put my mind at ease.

I am stoked with my results - i had a minor freak out at 5 weeks po and enhance fitted me in straight away and although it was nothing and i felt like a complete idiot - andrew was amazing, reassured me and advised it was better for me to be safe than sorry. Mt only wish is i had of gotten a bigger implant (although both surgeons agreed even though i could fit a bigger implant neither of them would recommend it as they thought it may have made me look top heavy) i really cannot fault Andrew or his staff in anyway. Feel free to add me if you wish to see my photos :)

Of course I understand that :) but why pay for a consult with a surgeon who may not even be operating by the time the surgery date comes around at that institute is what I mean haha I just want them to tell me if I have a chance of having them next year 

I would definitely book with them directly. I think they are only doing surgeries until they hire someone new and that would most likely be January as they are still running their own practices at the same time. I don't think guaranteeing a surgeon is part of their policy. I did have a consult with TBI before booking with Dr R direcrty as I decided it was really him I wanted. If cost is an issue then Dr R is a fair bit cheaper than Dr B.

Thanks youngbub that's really helpful feedback :) I have sent you a FR. It's great to hear that you had such s positive experience with Broadhurdt.

thanks JJ, I have a consult booked with Richardson in the 2nd which can't come around quick enough! I guess spending a few $k more to see them privately really isn't much of a deal breaker for me. 

Does anyone have any questions they feel I should definitely ask at the consult, other than the obvious? For example where there any questions you asked that helped in your decision making?

thank  you all for being so helpful! Xx