Countrygirl94

2 weeks until surgery- Final checklist

Hi guys :D 

So surgery is in 2 weeks (EEEEP!) and I've been following posts about peoples pre-op and post op checklst and hoping that ive got EVERYTHING I will need to recover:

Pre-made meals
Bio oil/scar cream/silicon strips (for later on)
Button up/loose tshirts
U-shaped pillow + extra pillows
Some magazines (while waiting for surgery)
Anti-bacterial soap
Dry shampoo
Pear/Prune juice + Coconut wate to help the intestines along (I had a really bad reaction to stool softners once so trying to avoid them :S)
Ice packs/hot water bottle
Under arm wax 
Post op bras

I'm hoping I have everything and if not feel free to let me know :D xx

EDIT: I will also be making the 4 1/2 hour journey home on day 2 or 3, are then an tips to make this a more comfortable ride apart from a pillow between me and the seat belt :p

Edited by Countrygirl94

Would also add straws and baby wipes (any sort of wipes to freshen up when/if you're having trouble showering).

Ohh good idea :D Thank you, they've been added to the list :) 

And some dry crackers like Jatz and some protein shakes/up&go to have with you meds during the night or when you're feeling nauseous. 

And move anything you'll need to a lower level as you won't be able to reach up high straight away. 

Thank you! :D Its amazing what you don't even think about, like moving things down to a lower level- genius 

I also found it hard to reach to my bedside table to get drinks of water, meds, snacks, phone/tablet/book, tv remote etc, so if you have a small stable table or can make a bit of space to put all the essential  things (non-spill water bottle with a straw mouthpiece was essential and so was making sure hubby didn't fill it all the way up as 750ml was too heavy initially), then that helps a lot too. 

I also found it hard to reach to my bedside table to get drinks of water, meds, snacks, phone/tablet/book, tv remote etc, so if you have a small stable table or can make a bit of space to put all the essential  things (non-spill water bottle with a straw mouthpiece was essential and so was making sure hubby didn't fill it all the way up as 750ml was too heavy initially), then that helps a lot too. 

If I corner off a little section on the right hand side of my bed (like where the pillow would be) should I be ok? :p Maybe barricade it off from the cats? And I will keep that in mind for the water bottle too- its really is funny how you dont even think of things like that being an issue! Thanks :D xx

If I corner off a little section on the right hand side of my bed (like where the pillow would be) should I be ok? :p Maybe barricade it off from the cats? And I will keep that in mind for the water bottle too- its really is funny how you dont even think of things like that being an issue! Thanks :D xx

Haha, yeah especially if your cat likes crap shows and tends to hog the remote 😉. Just kidding, my cat didn't leave my side for 2 days straight - then he didn't want to know me (must have thought I was well enough by day 3 lol). I just created a little section right next to my pillows for all those essentials and it was good to be slightly self sufficient - especially as hubby wasn't always reliable with the meds because he was also looking after our little girl. 

Sounds like you're all sorted though - very exciting!!

Haha, yeah especially if your cat likes crap shows and tends to hog the remote 😉. Just kidding, my cat didn't leave my side for 2 days straight - then he didn't want to know me (must have thought I was well enough by day 3 lol). I just created a little section right next to my pillows for all those essentials and it was good to be slightly self sufficient - especially as hubby wasn't always reliable with the meds because he was also looking after our little girl. 

Sounds like you're all sorted though - very exciting!!

hahaha remote hog :p Cat's intuition is really amazing, and that is so sweet that your cat stayed by your side (for the first 2 days :p ).  Unfortunately for me my 2 cats are both old and because of this they tend to fart a lot for no reason 😂 so that will be interesting to deal with!

I'm excited to set up and organise my bed now! 

Fibre supplement such as metamucil 

Strepsils etc for post op as the tube down your throat from GA can make it sore 
Eyedrops just incase you get dry eyes post op 
Pads as it is a possibility you can have a little bleeding etc from all the stuff going on as some women can get it post op 
St lucas paw paw deffs get dry lips from hudson mask right after surgery 
Facial wipes and baby wipes to freshen up post op 
Mouthwash just incase its a struggle to properly brush your teeth 
Comfortable underwear like those seamless undies post op as it can be a struggle to slowly get them off when hoing bathroom 
Peppermint tea and any others for bloating etc 
Arnica for bruising 
Straws!! Although lifting small glass of water has been fine so far but I only had surgery yesterday morning 
Rice crackers are good for if youre not hungry but prefer having some food with meds but also the seeds in it for fibre etc 😊

Also on the pre prepped meals side I have bought chobani smalls tubs of yogurt or you can get the sqeazable packs are really good for digestion and good source of nutrients post op too 😊

Will be posting a full list etc soon in a new post soon aswell but goodluck with surgery 😊😊

Fibre supplement such as metamucil 

Strepsils etc for post op as the tube down your throat from GA can make it sore 
Eyedrops just incase you get dry eyes post op 
Pads as it is a possibility you can have a little bleeding etc from all the stuff going on as some women can get it post op 
St lucas paw paw deffs get dry lips from hudson mask right after surgery 
Facial wipes and baby wipes to freshen up post op 
Mouthwash just incase its a struggle to properly brush your teeth 
Comfortable underwear like those seamless undies post op as it can be a struggle to slowly get them off when hoing bathroom 
Peppermint tea and any others for bloating etc 
Arnica for bruising 
Straws!! Although lifting small glass of water has been fine so far but I only had surgery yesterday morning 
Rice crackers are good for if youre not hungry but prefer having some food with meds but also the seeds in it for fibre etc 😊

Also on the pre prepped meals side I have bought chobani smalls tubs of yogurt or you can get the sqeazable packs are really good for digestion and good source of nutrients post op too 😊

Will be posting a full list etc soon in a new post soon aswell but goodluck with surgery 😊😊

WOW! Thank you Naomiaa :D

@Countrygirl94 no worries its fresh in my head as i'm only on POD2 so I know whats worth it but also make sure you hairyies dont have metal in them sometimes they make you take it out also expect not to wash you hair for a while haha 😳😁

Oh how exciting! How are you feeling? :) I'm planning on washing my hair in the morning, getting my sister to do fishtail braids with it and then leave it like that for as long as I can get away with it, luckily my hair only needs to be washed once a week- saying that I have dry shampoo just incase :p 

Oh how exciting! How are you feeling? :) I'm planning on washing my hair in the morning, getting my sister to do fishtail braids with it and then leave it like that for as long as I can get away with it, luckily my hair only needs to be washed once a week- saying that I have dry shampoo just incase :p 

good plan yeah my sisters done a braid in my hair but moving around on a pillow messes it up again hahah i've accepted im going to look feral now haha well not too bad keeping up on my meds etc and I can get off the couch and stuff and now i'm trying to drink a lot more water and fibre but I think i've been a little lucky and have had a good recovery so far and no constipation or nausea from endone or much bloating at all don't look pregnant yet! , still pretty swollen as expected and I can feed myself now, I had an overnight hospital stay but luckily im a short cab ride from hosp as i'm staying in southbank so far so good 😊

good plan yeah my sisters done a braid in my hair but moving around on a pillow messes it up again hahah i've accepted im going to look feral now haha well not too bad keeping up on my meds etc and I can get off the couch and stuff and now i'm trying to drink a lot more water and fibre but I think i've been a little lucky and have had a good recovery so far and no constipation or nausea from endone or much bloating at all don't look pregnant yet! , still pretty swollen as expected and I can feed myself now, I had an overnight hospital stay but luckily im a short cab ride from hosp as i'm staying in southbank so far so good 😊

Damn I had a felling that could happen to my hair :p That's great new to hear your recovery is going so well, (especially with the no constipation and nausea!) wishing you the best of luck for further recovering :D I will follow your progress!