naomi49

No Ice PO

So I was talking to the nurse and apparently I can't ice by new assets for atleast two weeks, i'll confirm it with my surgeon later however I assumed most would be icing not long after. Has anypne else had the same response and how do your recovery go ? 😊

I didn't ice and my recovery is going fine. Swelling has been going down gradually without icing. I'm 2 weeks post op today.

did you have any burning feelings etc from nerves? That doesnt sound too bad I can feel my boobs getting warmer though 😁

did you have any burning feelings etc from nerves? That doesnt sound too bad I can feel my boobs getting warmer though 😁

No burning feelings. Honestly there was nothing out of the ordinary. They obviously felt swollen but that was it. The swelling has gone down heaps now that I'm 2 weeks post op. I don't regret not icing.  

So I was talking to the nurse and apparently I can't ice by new assets for atleast two weeks, i'll confirm it with my surgeon later however I assumed most would be icing not long after. Has anypne else had the same response and how do your recovery go ? 😊

I wouldn't ice at all, it doesn't promote healing, it will actually slow down the healing process for your breasts xxx

I iced heaps for the first few days and then intermittently until about 8 days post op. It is supposed to help with swelling and healing but only for the first couple of days. I did find that it gave me lots of relief when I was achy. But I didn't have drains or fat grafting. Might help with the burning feeling once you're allowed to ice. 

My nurse told me not to use ice or heat packs simply because when your boobs are numb there is a high risk of burning and you won't feel it. I didn't use either and boobs settled fine 😀

My nurse told me not to use ice or heat packs simply because when your boobs are numb there is a high risk of burning and you won't feel it. I didn't use either and boobs settled fine 😀

yeah this is the response I got but tomorrow will be POD3 and so far theyre just moderately warm I thought that sunburn feeling might make them unbearable so i'd need ice but I havent gotten that yet 😊 I just see a lot of girls using ice alot PO thats probably why I assumed I would be.