Countrygirl94

Has anyone used the Lipoelastic PI Special Recovery Compression Bra ??

Hi guys, sorry for another question! :p

I was just wondering if anyone has used the "Lipoelastic PI Special Recovery Compression Bra"? If so how is it? :)

(it looks like this http://breastcarewa.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=153)

It was the one recommended by my surgeon and its $77.50! His rooms also said I could use the carefix anna but now I'm starting to think I should just stick with what he originally suggested?

Thanks again! xx

I ordered the Anna bras instead but now I'm worried I maybe shoulda gone with what the PS said?! 😩

Was also put off by the fact it is $15 postage!

I was about to buy the anna bras yesterday then I had a little panick attack and decided not too at the last minute, now I dont know what to do :( I didn't see the postage but was going to go across to breast care in burswood and try them on :)

I must admit I'm anxious about it too but I'm too far from Burswood so would have to pay 😩

My thoughts are if Jennie said they are ok, then you should be all good :) I tend to worry about thinks just for the sake of it :p And thats a shame that you were too far away from them because $15 postage is ridiculous! 

Yea I can't understand how they justify that amount for a surgical bra!! Cost me $3 for the Anna bras to have it delivered quick, otherwise it was free. When r u going to go try them, please let me know how you go? Worried maybe the Anna bra is not supportive enough or something, must be a reason for dr Connell to be so specific on that one surely 

Yea I can't understand how they justify that amount for a surgical bra!! Cost me $3 for the Anna bras to have it delivered quick, otherwise it was free. When r u going to go try them, please let me know how you go? Worried maybe the Anna bra is not supportive enough or something, must be a reason for dr Connell to be so specific on that one surely 

I was thinking either this thursday or next saturday- they are the only days I can go unfortunately :/ I will let you know how I get on :) I'm sure the anna bra will be supportive enough, I know a lot of girls have used them or their recoveries :)

Girls Dr Connell doesn't like you to have compressive bras. The 2128 that he used to use is really basic with no support at all. The Anna is a little more supportive and much nicer to wear under  clothes. $15 for postage is crazy.

Thats a bit strange, why would his assistant tell me to get that bra then? She recommended two I could get and that was one of them? The picture is of the pamphlet jennie (I think) gave me and she ticked off th3 two I should buy :/ 

20151110_141406.jpg

I'm sure he is happy for you to have any of these bras - 2128, Anna or the Lipoelastic one. Just giving you more choice I guess. None of these bras are anywhere near as compressive as eg Marena bras.

Luckily my sister is lending me her marena bra! :D still not sure what second one to get!

I used the lipoelastic and found it to be great, the compression really helped and the support was very comfortable. I  wore the anna when i was going out and outfits wouldn't hide the PI but other than that I really needed the compression it provided. Dr Connell told me the main thing the bra needed to do was to prevent any movement and keep them as still possible

Edited by violett

I used the lipoelastic and found it to be great, the compression really helped and the support was very comfortable. I  wore the anna when i was going out and outfits wouldn't hide the PI but other than that I really needed the compression it provided. Dr Connell told me the main thing the bra needed to do was to prevent any movement and keep them as still possible

Awesome! Thank you violett :) I think I will ddefinitely invest in one now :)

I ended up buying the PI in the 75C. I tried on the small in the 2128 and it was far too big. I also ordered 2 Anna bras as well as I was worried about hiding the straps under my work outfits but I think it's ok 

Hey Stillundecided :) Did they do a fitting when you got your PI bra or did you just try sizes on until you found the right one? :)

The wonderful lady at Breastcare fitted me. I could've gone with the 70 as my under bust measurement is borderline but the 75 felt more comfortable. It only has 2 hooks and the zip so it's much easier to get on and off. My friend who had her BA last year recommended getting 4 or so bras as we have to wear them for 6 weeks and even now she sometimes still wears hers to bed. My Anna ones arrived this morning but I can't try them until I get home tonight. 

The wonderful lady at Breastcare fitted me. I could've gone with the 70 as my under bust measurement is borderline but the 75 felt more comfortable. It only has 2 hooks and the zip so it's much easier to get on and off. My friend who had her BA last year recommended getting 4 or so bras as we have to wear them for 6 weeks and even now she sometimes still wears hers to bed. My Anna ones arrived this morning but I can't try them until I get home tonight. 

oh good :) I was worried I would have to pick the size myself. I think I might get this one and then an anna one as well :) 

How do the two bras compare? I ordered the Anna bras due to the cost mostly of the lipoelastic one but have been worrying ever since I will hinder my recovery for ordering the wrong bra, stressing me big time! Are they similar in any way, material?? Is the lipoelastic better and worth the extra $$?

I've attaced a photo of me in each. The lipoelsatic has more material but the anna certainly stretches to cover a lot more skin that I thought. When I opened the bag it looks ridiculously tiny. The material is basically the same but the lipoelsatic has a thicker band at the bottom-not sure how that'll go with incisions. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Gosh I love hbf - it makes being tuberous not too bad after all. 

I just tried my anna bra on and they're a little tighter than the lipoelsatic but still very comfy. At least I have several options now too. 

The only pay off for living with such crappy breasts! The fact that HBF and medicare help out a bit :)

I've attaced a photo of me in each. The lipoelsatic has more material but the anna certainly stretches to cover a lot more skin that I thought. When I opened the bag it looks ridiculously tiny. The material is basically the same but the lipoelsatic has a thicker band at the bottom-not sure how that'll go with incisions. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

hmmmm the lipoelastic is quite bulking compared to the anna isn't it :/ maybe I'll get an anna too...