Wantniceboobs

Care fix Anna bra - is it a compression bra?

sorry girls this has probably been asked heaps!!

my surgeon recommends the berlei post op bra, but I wasn't really a fan of them. He approved me buying the target post op bras, but was wondering if the Anna bras are compression because I was thinking of getting a couple for when I go back to work, are they padded, so you don't see nipples?? (I work with heaps of guys)

gee the things us girls think of!! 😂

I have to say that the best bra to hide the nipples I found was the berlei one and also the marena one the surgeon gave me. The Carefix Anna and Alice ones could definitely see nipples. (I went a bit nuts and bought quite a few different ones to decide which I liked). The berlei also has more compression than the Anna. I wouldn't call the Anna a compression bra at all - just a comfy post op bra. 

Thanks for the feedback pepper9!!

maybe I should look into the berlei one again, just would have preferred a black bra!

yeah the colour sucks but I did find it was cut so it was easier to hide under most clothes than some of the others too. One downside of the berlei was though that initially before my boobs dropped the berlei sat right on incisions so it wasn't comfortable until about three weeks post op. My incisions were initially quite a lot lower than boobs so I guess it depends on placement?? The Anna etc so light I had no issue with incision (another reason I bought one of everything was didn't know if any would irritate incision). 

yeah the colour sucks but I did find it was cut so it was easier to hide under most clothes than some of the others too. One downside of the berlei was though that initially before my boobs dropped the berlei sat right on incisions so it wasn't comfortable until about three weeks post op. My incisions were initially quite a lot lower than boobs so I guess it depends on placement?? The Anna etc so light I had no issue with incision (another reason I bought one of everything was didn't know if any would irritate incision). 

so glad to have found someone who has used these bras pepper9!

my incisions won't be underneath the crease, he is doing an aerola reduction as well so it will be around the aerola & straight down (forget the term he used lol!)

what is the sizing like, pretty standard?

i have found them on undie warehouse website for $47 each??!!

Nice one, you should be fine with the band then!  I am now 3 months post op and wearing a 10DD in new "normal" bras I am buying including other berlei ones. I bought a 10D in the berlei post op and it still fits now so not sure what that means. I had medium in the carefix ones. I was a flat chested 10 pre op and got 360cc if that helps at all. I can't remember how I decided what size to get. Think I went to the charts and guessed!! 

Nice one, you should be fine with the band then!  I am now 3 months post op and wearing a 10DD in new "normal" bras I am buying including other berlei ones. I bought a 10D in the berlei post op and it still fits now so not sure what that means. I had medium in the carefix ones. I was a flat chested 10 pre op and got 360cc if that helps at all. I can't remember how I decided what size to get. Think I went to the charts and guessed!! 

thanks heaps pepper9, think I should have just listened to the surgeon from the start and brought that bra and not all the other ones I have brought so far lol!!!!!

husband is gonna kill me, oh well 😂

@Sjayi found my first week I didn't need anything compressive so the Anna was good ,at day 9 with swelling reducing but movement and pain in other areas that a bit more compression needed so im wearing my Veronique amd berlie bra ,helps take tension of back because u go into protect mode  , I've also felt more movement these past couple of days and breasts are still very tender so compression good and bedtime I can put Anna back on ,,this is just me though and my experiences with bas, so what I guess I'm saying is have both as a back up and if you don't wear one you can't return it 

Edited by Katewell

It totally depends on your surgeon. Mine wanted me in a tight compression bra 24/7 so I wasn't allowed to shower for the first week. The silly nurses in recovery put it on the tightest hooks and didn't adjust the straps so by Day 2 I was crying in agony and was having troubles breathing properly. The fact I had rib grafting probably didn't help. Once my husband realised the straps were the problem and I undid one hook it was better. I had a black and nude Marena and highly recommend. 

I'm feeling like I should give these bras a go, but my PS has said no bras other than perhaps a sports crop for as long as I can.... Do you think that it makes a big difference? Even if you have small implants? I have 280cc, so maybe I don't need the support....?

I'm feeling like I should give these bras a go, but my PS has said no bras other than perhaps a sports crop for as long as I can.... Do you think that it makes a big difference? Even if you have small implants? I have 280cc, so maybe I don't need the support....?

maybe your surgeon says that to encourage them to drop???  

I wish the surgeons all said the same thing so it wasn't so confusing:( the bra mine recommends is just under $80 and then $15 for postage, so I haven't ended up going with that one due to the cost but I'm now worrying everyday I should've just gone with it and paid the money, but then others say no bra at all! Sooooo confusing 😩😫

It would be very nice if they all gave the same recommendations - or explained when it's suitable for one person but not for another. Makes it a bit confusing. 

I have no idea why mine doesn't want a PO bra - they just tell me not to and aren't really forthcoming with any further advice. 

I just hear how much people love their PO bras and wonder if it would make these early weeks more comfortable...sigh. 

I wish the surgeons all said the same thing so it wasn't so confusing:( the bra mine recommends is just under $80 and then $15 for postage, so I haven't ended up going with that one due to the cost but I'm now worrying everyday I should've just gone with it and paid the money, but then others say no bra at all! Sooooo confusing 😩😫

maybe your surgeon says that to encourage them to drop???  

It would be very nice if they all gave the same recommendations - or explained when it's suitable for one person but not for another. Makes it a bit confusing. 

I have no idea why mine doesn't want a PO bra - they just tell me not to and aren't really forthcoming with any further advice. 

I just hear how much people love their PO bras and wonder if it would make these early weeks more comfortable...sigh. 

how are you finding it without a bra ? Are they moving around ? Can u feel them moving ? Yes lot of qs lol 

how are you finding it without a bra ? Are they moving around ? Can u feel them moving ? Yes lot of qs lol 

Thanks Pepper, I have seen that one but wasn't sure if it was suitable for after BA as well :) My surgery is in 9 days so still trying to work out which are the best PO bras to get!

i was actually put into this bra straight after surgery,  hated it at first cuz of all the swelling but now love it and put it on as soon as i get home from work lol

My PS told me no bra as well if it's any consolation ittybittyk. But now that I'm back at work it's just not possible! I've been wearing a bra when I'm out of the house and taking it off at home. Sometimes I sleep in a soft crop and sometimes I don't.

If nothing else, I've learnt just how varied PS recommendations are on everything from stretching, recovery, exercises, icing, scar treatment, when and how to exercise again, post-op bras!!!! It's all so subjective. What a head f@ck!!

I guess you just have to trust your surgeon and listen to your body.