December_boobs

Unsupportive People

I am 21 years old; some may look at this number and think I am too young to be drastically changing my physical appearance while others might not care.

My decision to go ahead with surgery has not faltered although I have had several doubts over the past year.

Why? Because those around me are judgemental, unsupportive and do not understand why I want to alter a part of my body.

I have spent a lot of time justifying my reasons for this procedure to loved ones without any success. Rifts have formed between myself and family members and there has been general frustration around this topic.

But you know what? I don't care because this procedure will be empowering; this is for me and ME only.

Obviously I would love for close family and friends to support me but realistically this is not going to happen and I've had to accept that.

Surgery is now a month away and the excitement within me is building! I can't wait to gain a new found confidence within myself. Bring on the 14th of December!

I feel for you. That is precisely why I haven't told any family members - only my hubby and 2 very close friends. Its nobody's decision except yours and if you've made your mind up, then don't let them get you down - just be super excited for the very, very near future! 1 month will fly by!!

That's terrible that you have that to deal with at the same time as going through the surgery.    I hope you have some support for your recovery even if not from all friends and family.

I got mine done at 38 and my only regret is not doing it at 18 when I first wanted to! I was  also less brave than you as I dealt with the possible judgement issue by simply not telling anyone! 

At least you have your forum family to share your experience with and help you through it!! 

Congrats and good luck for your upcoming surgery! 

Good luck and don't worry about everyone else! You are always going to have people that knock you, but it's your body and your life and if it makes you happy then to hell with everyone else! :)

People will do this to you regardless of what youre doing, it happens and it's ***** but just rememebr these people don't have to deal with the things you do, live the life you do theyre not their non stop and dont go through all the crap you do so if you want it done then eventually hopefully you learn to ignore them no matter how annoying it is and it can bring down some excitement of what youre doing 😊

I have not told any family about my surgery yet as I dont want to have to justify myself to anyone. It's my body and Iv wanted it done since I was 15. I had my husbands support and that's all that mattered to me. Some people just dont understand what it's like and personally I dont think they deserve the right to an opinion unless they know what it's like to have little to no boobs. I love my new boobs and I'm not going to let anyone take this feeling away from me. 

When they eventually find out they will be advised that if they don't have something nice to say then Don't say it. 

Good luck on your surgery and keep positive. 😀

@Naomiaa I've been doing my best to ignore them. I'm yet to even have surgery and the thought alone makes me feel good! I can't even imagine what it will be like post op.

@Heather86 I have a similar attitude to you and definitely agree 100% with everything you've said.

The only mistake I've made is sharing such exciting news with the wrong people.

I have told no one yet , my partner and i decided after years of being flat chested , its time to get my confidence back .

Its so hard buying clothes when you have no boobs .we are booth looking forward to having surgery in may 2016 and the new wardrobe to follow . Cant wait to buy new bikinis that i can fill out . 

Dont worry about anybodies negative comments , as i bet they have boobs and just dont understand. 

Cheers Dani 

I love this post. I am so depressed emotionally about my appearance and had the whole world against me with my choice to have a BA. You can never explain to someone how sad it is to be flat chested and no one bothers to empathasize. Its really really sad that everyone - especially our LOVED ones are against us in a time when we need the most love and support through a major surgery that will change us. Love to all the girls on this forum:wub:

Edited by love and glitter xo

If you are doing it for yourself, then you don't have to explain your decisions to others. I am sorry that they are being inconsiderate of your journey. Some people like to criticise things they do not understand. Just let the positive people walk beside during this time. All the very best with everything. x

@December_boobs yeah it's shitty, women basically get judged/told what to do with their bodies their whole life and even females are judgy so just as long as you want to do it then that enough it does help not telling people because they wont even notice, if you said your getting them done it's all sorts of issues 😂 but best of luck though😊😊

I haven't told me parents :/ amd now they think something up ,like im upset with them but I've kept it from them and now im scared of there response ! Im a adult but this makes me feel like a child , love them but they over stress me in everything and i wanted a smooth recovery 

Out of everyone my mum was the most unsupportive out of everyone. At first it really upset me, but after awhile i just thought, you know what, say what you want but its not going to make a difference. She always tends to think of the negative in everything whereas i am more of an optimist. Im 28 so this was something i have wanted since i was about 17, since i realised my boobs just aint gonna get any bigger! Haha. And if she only knew all the times i had cried because of how unhappy with myself i was she would be alot more supportive, but she didnt even know the half of it.

So just remember when people are negative they dont even know what you have been through before making the decision

I had one friend who made a couple shitty comments about my choice to get a BA..mainly reasons why she wouldn't do it. 5 weeks after a different friend and I had them done, her hubby told a friend they are now trying to get the money together so she can get hers done. I think jealously plays a bit part sometimes...

I didn't have anyone supportive of my decision (not my fiancé, nor my sister, etc) but I went ahead and got it done anyway. I'm glad I did not let anyone get to me. It's for you and you shouldn't worry about how others perceive it. Do it to make yourself happy and that's it. 

That's so terrible that family isn't supporting your decision. I'm sure that they only have your best interests at heart, but sometimes family and friends forget that you're an adult and can make your own decision. You're not asking for approval, just want to let them know what's going on in your life, right?

I've been through things before that caused distance with myself and family, but it all worked itself out when they realised that its MY life and if they want to be in it, will accept it for what it is.

I'm very lucky that I've had no criticism or disapproval from anyone about my BA, but I am in my thirties so that may be what's different to your case.

Chin up girl - getting a BA is exciting and an amazing time in life. x

That's so terrible that family isn't supporting your decision. I'm sure that they only have your best interests at heart, but sometimes family and friends forget that you're an adult and can make your own decision. You're not asking for approval, just want to let them know what's going on in your life, right?

I've been through things before that caused distance with myself and family, but it all worked itself out when they realised that its MY life and if they want to be in it, will accept it for what it is.

I'm very lucky that I've had no criticism or disapproval from anyone about my BA, but I am in my thirties so that may be what's different to your case.

Chin up girl - getting a BA is exciting and an amazing time in life. x

I had quite a horrible experience with telling my mum but you will be happy to know that once she realised i wasn't going dolly parton style she calmed down. She said some pretty hurtful things to me but in the end she's my mum and she was just worried about me having surgery. 

In the end as long as your intentions are right and that you are doing this for yourself, everyone will either support you, not mind either way, or they can get stuffed. Your opinion is the only one that matters as this is your body and good on you for making this decision ☺

I didn't tell anyone except my partner obviously and my sister I can understand why parents would be against their child having a cosmetic surgery, the thought of putting worry and stress onto my parents made me feel guilty so I decided I wouldn't tell them, no one at my workplace or any of my friends know either I just don't think people need to know. I'm 38 so I maybe being older has helped me 

I am 21 years old; some may look at this number and think I am too young to be drastically changing my physical appearance while others might not care.

My decision to go ahead with surgery has not faltered although I have had several doubts over the past year.

Why? Because those around me are judgemental, unsupportive and do not understand why I want to alter a part of my body.

I have spent a lot of time justifying my reasons for this procedure to loved ones without any success. Rifts have formed between myself and family members and there has been general frustration around this topic.

But you know what? I don't care because this procedure will be empowering; this is for me and ME only.

Obviously I would love for close family and friends to support me but realistically this is not going to happen and I've had to accept that.

Surgery is now a month away and the excitement within me is building! I can't wait to gain a new found confidence within myself. Bring on the 14th of December!

My surgeon describes himself as having the best job in the world because his work changes the way women feel about themselves. I'm having my BA next sat and can't wait to look in the mirror and see a sexy woman. I'm 37 married with 2 kids and have lost nearly 30kgs so this is my final transformation to the body confidence I've never had.

Good on you for recognizing your needs as a woman at a young age. Haters gonna hate so stuff them!