MissC

Anyone had 2 consultations with the same surgeon?

Sorry me again!

Have any of you had 2 consultations with the same surgeon? I feel like I need to talk more about sizing and the outcome I want and half an hour just wasn't enough.

I also didn't have anyone with me at my first consultation because I went straight from work. I would have liked my partner to be there to give me someone elses opinion other than my PS.

I did. 

I went in about wanting a lift (I had had implants elsewhere). My redo surgeon told me he never would have done overs and would have done partial unders. I had visible implant edges which bothered me but I didn't expect to find out it was because of my overs placement. 

I went away and thought long and hard then decided if I was going to go through another surgery why not get it right and go with partial unders but of course I had many questions about that placement. 

Every surgeon I spoke to recommended taking some time after the first consult to take it all in and digest the info, then come back and see them with any questions etc

I took my boyfriend with me to my second consult to get a second opinion and also as a second pair of ears!! There's a lot to take in.

The second consult wasn't an additional cost or anything either. I saw my PS a third time for a final sizing closer to my surgery. You're paying a lot of money for a serious decision- take all the time you need and don't be afraid to request a long consult if you know you have a lot of questions and want to do a sizing etc

Good luck! 

Edited by Bella2
Typo

Yes I went once and rebooked as I walked out for a second consult as I knew once I got home and researched and thought about things more I would have more questions to ask. One isn't enough if you ask me and I know if some surgeons who won't book surgery until you've had at least a second consult. 

I wasn't charged for my second consult either, just the first one. 

Yes most definitely !

I had one consult with Dr Dona which was going to be my only one, where we decided 800cc was the size for me.

I started doubting the size leading up to surgery, so I booked another consult, where we changed the sizing to 920cc because I thought 800cc was going to be too small.

& lucky I did because 920cc is still too small haha so I would have hated the 800s! But that was all I could go this time around.

but it's always better to confirm your choices! 

H I had several consults with different sugeon.  But the one I chose gave me his mobile after the consult. I hadn't pick him then or indicated I woukd book. But I have messaged him and spoken to him on the phone at least 4 times since the consult. 

I saw Dr Dash twice (TCI surgeon) because I felt one consultation wasn't enough for me. Seeing him for the second time made me feel a lot more confident in my decision to choose him for the procedure, while also allowing any confusion and unanswered questions to be cleared up. I would definitely recommend it because it gave me the security I needed and put my mind at ease!

I went for 2 - the first with my boyfriend and the second with a close friend. I am sure any good PS will encourage it. It's a massive decision that definitely requires the input of more than one person and a few consults to clarify things 😊.

Great! So excited but definitely need to go back, im not sure what shape the implants he recomended were? I think round? So hard to judge what they will look like. I think ill take my own sports bra and ask to try the sizers on in that next time - the bra he gave me.to try on didnt hold it all up to well so i feel like maybe it wasn't a very good indication of the outcome. He was very nice though, i was super nervous but he put me at ease straight away! I kèep reading about bwd measurements, did he measure this n you?

Yeh I'm pretty sure he said he just uses round mentor? I was exactly the same! He gave me a size 12 sports bra but it was like it had been stretched right out and didn't fit me. I was also nervous then as soon as I sat down at the desk I was fine. Yep bwd I'm pretty sure he measured that and it was 12? I remember him telling me a number 12 but I wasn't paying attention to what it was cause I was more worried about having my boobs out in the open for someone else to see haha