overthinkingit

did anyone feel rushed into making their size decision

morning ladies

I am booked for BA on the 26th and I have my sizing appointment the morning of the 25th.

The receptionist who booked my appointment said I needed to have my sizing appointment early because she needs to get the implants to the hospital as early as possible so I guess that means I need to make my decision on the spot.

if you had your sizing appointment one day and surgery the next did you feel rushed and unsure about your size choice?

Morning

i had my choices given to me 2 weeks before surgery. I had 2 to choose between, and didn't actually get to try any on (he didn't have any samples on hand, only a 265cc) he recommended either 295cc or 325cc. He ordered both and said we would just choose the day of surgery. I was so nervous of the sizes without being able to try them, you really need to put your faith in your surgeon and their expertise, make sure they know exactly what look you are after and you should be ok. 

I had my surgery yesterday and I think I'm happy with them so far, I chose 295cc. 

Yeah i did. Mine was day before surgery too. They were running an hr late,I was tge the last appointment before close n i was a bit over it by the time i got in because we drove up frm Canberra to sydney.  I also felt like they spent more time going over the complications and covering their bum than picking the implant. I felt like saying dude i dont give a ***** ive already researched all this! Lol

I had intially chosen 330R and 360L. As I was being marked up the Dr re measured me and said he'd like to change my implants to 375 for both. I trusted his judgement so said yes then walked into the operating theatre. I'm 9 weeks PO now and have no regrets, I love my boobs!

I  had my appointment the day before but I was given the choice of 295 or 330. I couldn't decide on the spot so Dr M just ordered both and I told him the day of surgery when he was drawing on me what size I wanted. He doesn't pressure you to choose there n then.

Thank you @Emma_89! I am sure I will end up going with whatever Dr M tells me he needs to use to create the look that I like but when the receptionist booked the appointment she said she would need to get the implants to the hospital asap so it had been playing on my mind that I would have to make a final decision on the spot 

Thank you @Emma_89! I am sure I will end up going with whatever Dr M tells me he needs to use to create the look that I like but when the receptionist booked the appointment she said she would need to get the implants to the hospital asap so it had been playing on my mind that I would have to make a final decision on the spot 

No worries! Definitely don't stress about it :-) he's very relaxed during the consult and doesn't put any pressure on you whatsoever. He'll tell you the size he thinks and will get you to try them on.. then I guess if you want to try other sizes you can. I only tried the 2 on that he suggested coz they were about the size I wanted anyway. Then he tells his assistant what sizes to order. He actually said to me there was no need to decide just yet and to have to think about it over night.

Any chance that you could have a consult with someone local before the big day just to do a try-on? If I went with my initial gut feel from my first couple of consults (I had 4!) I would have gone much smaller and would have regretted it. I think that I needed some time to get used to the size... More padding leading up to it definitely helped. Maybe even try the dreaded rice sizers - they'll at least give you a bit of an idea of what you're likely size would be like (just know that the rice sizers seem a bit bigger than the real deal).

Unless of course you're asking for your max... Then your decision should be made for you. 

Any chance that you could have a consult with someone local before the big day just to do a try-on? If I went with my initial gut feel from my first couple of consults (I had 4!) I would have gone much smaller and would have regretted it. I think that I needed some time to get used to the size... More padding leading up to it definitely helped. Maybe even try the dreaded rice sizers - they'll at least give you a bit of an idea of what you're likely size would be like (just know that the rice sizers seem a bit bigger than the real deal).

Unless of course you're asking for your max... Then your decision should be made for you. 

No not without traveling a fair distance which isn't option with work and family commitments. 

Initially I was much the same as you and wanted smaller but I have had a lot of time to think and reassess since booking my first appointment and certainly want bigger then I initially did but certainly not massive. I need them to be practical for my lifestyle. 

I  had my appointment the day before but I was given the choice of 295 or 330. I couldn't decide on the spot so Dr M just ordered both and I told him the day of surgery when he was drawing on me what size I wanted. He doesn't pressure you to choose there n then.

Hi Emma_89, sending you a FR if that is okay. I have my surgery today with Dr M and have been sleeping on the same question of 295cc v 330cc?? . My gut tells me 295 (I am petrified of going too big) but I would love to see your pics! 

Hi Emma_89, sending you a FR if that is okay. I have my surgery today with Dr M and have been sleeping on the same question of 295cc v 330cc?? . My gut tells me 295 (I am petrified of going too big) but I would love to see your pics! 

Good Luck! Hope all goes well. What was Dr M's advise? 

Hi overthinkingit. I tried on the 250, 295 and 330. He recommended the 330 as he thought it would give more shape and balance. But then he said if it is not me then to go with the 295. I agree with him about the shape of the 330. It just felt like a big jump trying them on and I just don't think I would be comfortable that big?? It is so hard to predict what each size will look like.. 

Hi overthinkingit. I tried on the 250, 295 and 330. He recommended the 330 as he thought it would give more shape and balance. But then he said if it is not me then to go with the 295. I agree with him about the shape of the 330. It just felt like a big jump trying them on and I just don't think I would be comfortable that big?? It is so hard to predict what each size will look like.. 

Hubby and I have been trying to predict what size Dr M will suggest for me based on before and afters that appear to be a similar size to me now and we are guessing he will say around the 330. 

I initially wanted a full C cup because I was scared that if they were too big they would impact things like horse riding and obstacle racing but really there is not a massive difference between C and D. When I spoke to Dr M he told me the pics from his FB page that were the look I wanted were a D and DD so I figured I would go with whatever he recommended to give me that shape and look. 

Sorry if I'm too late but I've accepted your friend request. I was going to go the 295 coz I thought the same but am glad I went the 330. At first with all the swelling I was like, OMG what have I done?? Should've gone the 295.. but now they've settled and I love them. I fit a 10D nicely. They honestly aren't too big. 

Sorry if I'm too late but I've accepted your friend request. I was going to go the 295 coz I thought the same but am glad I went the 330. At first with all the swelling I was like, OMG what have I done?? Should've gone the 295.. but now they've settled and I love them. I fit a 10D nicely. They honestly aren't too big. 

Same! Except he ordered 290s, 315s and 330s for me and knew deep down he'd choose the 330s and he did and I'm super happy now the swelling has gone down

thank you!! 

what time fo you go in @Curvesplease

All done!! I went in at lunch time & got back about 8.30pm last night.. He went with the 295cc because the 330 was not going to suit my chest/bone structure. Although I haven't had a proper look yet, so far (looking down) I think they will be nice & subtle like I was hoping for :D.

He really is so good at what he does. He will make you feel really comfortable & guide you to make the right decision for the results you are after.  As he said to me 'Don't get bogged down worrying about the numbers (cc's)' because each person is so unique and will look different based on their anatomy.  You are in great hands :-)

All done!! I went in at lunch time & got back about 8.30pm last night.. He went with the 295cc because the 330 was not going to suit my chest/bone structure. Although I haven't had a proper look yet, so far (looking down) I think they will be nice & subtle like I was hoping for :D.

He really is so good at what he does. He will make you feel really comfortable & guide you to make the right decision for the results you are after.  As he said to me 'Don't get bogged down worrying about the numbers (cc's)' because each person is so unique and will look different based on their anatomy.  You are in great hands :-)

Yay! Congratulations!